8 Feb: Huddersfield Giants v Hull FC KO 3pm

Who will win?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Draw
    • Hull FC

0-19, that's all folls.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

must have something new now on your sig put back the proud

I'll think about it.

Absolutely thrilled with today's efforts, I know it's only the first game but what a difference half backs make. Pryce may be the wrong side of 30 but Huuds were still unsure of what he was scheming and Sneyd's kicking put them under all sorts of pressure. Hudds hardly ever looked like scoring until Ferres dropped the ball a metre short. Hull crowd filled the away end so I'm guessing around 3,000 in an attendance of 7,700. At least the home accountants will be happy.

Wire home Friday may bring us back down to Earth but I think it'll be close.

Radford out/in/out/in?!?!

Time will tell.

You do the Radford hokey cokey and you turn around...

Is that a sig suggestion?

Good effort by Hull there.  What happened to Hudds?

What happened was that Huddersfield were outplayed once again in the forwards, they never got anywhere near the levels of the Hull side for go forward, and as is always the case if your forwards are on the back foot the halves have little chance.

Hull had 70% of the pressure and field position so they deserved the win, They didn't look special anywhere but were very competent, Gaz Ellis had a big game and the last try was nice, Can see their halves getting better as they go along. Great support from Hull fans who will be happy with what they saw.  Brough getting wound up by the Ref but he would be better giving some of his forwards the Ear ache.

Best player for Giants was Murphy and Mullaly put some effort in, but they were well beaten.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

Hull out enthused us and were well deserved easy winners.

To quote John Kear we got nothing and were lucky to get that.

I hope that's our worst performance of the season otherwise we are in the deep brown stuff.

First thing monday morning Paul Anderson needs to introduce his players to each other.

Murphy and McGillvary only players to come out with any credit.

Can't wait for Wigan at the DW   :)

I'll think about it.

Absolutely thrilled with today's efforts, I know it's only the first game but what a difference half backs make. Pryce may be the wrong side of 30 but Huuds were still unsure of what he was scheming and Sneyd's kicking put them under all sorts of pressure. Hudds hardly ever looked like scoring until Ferres dropped the ball a metre short. Hull crowd filled the away end so I'm guessing around 3,000 in an attendance of 7,700. At least the home accountants will be happy.

Wire home Friday may bring us back down to Earth but I think it'll be close.

Radford out/in/out/in?!?!

Time will tell.

It was a huge turnout by the Hull fans. The most I've seen at Huddersfield for some time and quite remarkable when you consider the season we had last year.

It's only one game of course but the extent to which Hull dominated a very good side on their own ground does give us grounds for optimism at least. Really looking forward to Warrington at the KC on Friday.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Not a Hudds fan then?

I struggled with that also.

Giants were well under done by pre season lack of friendlies - the intent was there but the cutting edge missing

In reality it was a dour game and Hull played to the ref better than Hudds and held on to the ball better and the scoreline flattered Hull

Giants will improve hugely and this might just be what was needed to get them into gear

Or Hull were bigger (metaphorically) and faster!

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

Or Hull were bigger (metaphorically) and faster!

Hull were just better everywhere, without being special in any way, Their forwards in particular were just too good for our Backwards. For most of last season Giants pack was a pushover, That looks set to continue. That said they play a great game in the Examiner.

Our forwards were ok, I don't like Crabtree off the bench he is always best starting

Our kicking game was poor too which is frustrating, but credit that to Hulls linespeed *cough*offside*cough*

In fact I'd say the difference was kicking

Hulls was effective ours wasn't - and I can't remember the last time we had a grubber kick into goal not scream through to the dead ball line at mach 2

Our forwards were ok, I don't like Crabtree off the bench he is always best starting

Our kicking game was poor too which is frustrating, but credit that to Hulls linespeed *cough*offside*cough*

In fact I'd say the difference was kicking

Hulls was effective ours wasn't - and I can't remember the last time we had a grubber kick into goal not scream through to the dead ball line at mach 2

Ok at what though, they were half decent at defence for most of the game, end of story really,  The kicking game was poor I agree but I would put that down to no go forward more than Hull being offside, Neither Lunt or Robbo had any influence on the game at all as far as I saw, To be honest they contained our pack easily,

If we had a few forwards that hit the line like McGilvray does we might make the odd break, but we don't. and where were our offloads, if you are going to turn your back or try and step your way through, at least get in the odd offload, I thought that was why Huby was brought in, Big Eorl used to offload when Brown was coach, that's now a thing of the past.

We have had some good results at Wigan, maybe they will turn up for that, but to be honest if both teams play like they did last week end, It is not going to be good for Giants fans

Hull's line speed was way better that ours and it makes a huge difference. Hull were making yards before any contact - Hull were in our faces and forced errors out of us.

I said at half time we hadn't woken up and that we'd take it up a gear in the second. How wrong I was - in the end we seemed in reverse and could catch a cold. Some of the passing was shocking. Talk about being rusty, more like corroded. Hope it's just a blip. 

Hull were just better everywhere, without being special in any way, Their forwards in particular were just too good for our Backwards. For most of last season Giants pack was a pushover, That looks set to continue. That said they play a great game in the Examiner.

I've stopped reading what the players say in the Examiner. What they say is very rarely transferred onto the pitch. 

i know it's a bit late but we were outplayed in every department, Hull wanted it more, looked hungrier and fitter and did the basics right...we just lacked..well everything really.

but not too despondent, we only had 1 pre season game and i put this game down to being slightly undercooked for the start of the season.

Wigan will be a big test on friday.

regarding Hull's support, 2,355 which is a brilliant following, the first time any Hull club has brought over 1000 fans for 3 years, and i think it's only the 5th 2,000+ away crowd in 3 years too.

Archived