Final curtain

exiledyed

Come on Spud. There are no other directors.  CH is the sole trader. You can have meetings and discussions all day long about what to do. As long as CH gets his RFL payout and a few sponsers in. He doesn't need a fortune to run a bare bones squad with dual reg top ups and a ground falling back into dereliction. There is only one way forward, CH to be honest about his intentions, what value he puts on the club and where he gets that value from. I wouldn't hold my breath. As I said to you in the King George, he could operate on zero gates. It has now got to a point where the RFL need to look at the state of Whitebank and all the broken promises made about improving it. By the deafening silence, are they bothered?   

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There seem to be a lot of assumptions being made with regard to a new club starting up if the current one folds. Would the RFL sanction a new club bearing in mind that two clubs bearing the Oldham name would have gone under?

That would be up to them but make no mistake if the RFL want  to lose a rugby town because of this more fool them.If they can be that chosey so can I 

For the sake of the integrity of the game itself it is about time the RFL started to bring to accounts clubs who trade with debts which look as though they are trading above their means and  start investigating why.

Its the only way the true situation will be revealed as we get no information about anything at the moment.

Im curious....Im not a regular poster o9n here, but i do lurk and read posts, and ive noticed that ive seen so many posts on this forum starting......

the RFL should....

the RFL must....

the RFL need to....

its about time the RFL....

has anyone actually put pen to paper (or finger to keyboard) and contacted them?

Has anyone stuck their head above the parapet and contacted them directly with the list of stuff they need/should/must do, or detailing the RFL's short comings in the matters of ORLFC, CH, Whitebank etc etc?

Surely there must be one of you thats so vociferous (albeit it in written form) about the failings of every single element of the club, who has the cojones to do so? Its all very well sitting at home playing at being armchair club owner/director, and assuming that you know whats going on behind the scenes on here, but has anyone contacted the RFL to see what, if anything they intend or can do or are bothered doing about your complaints?

I for one would love for someone to post their email, to the RFL in here, and any replies they might have....

and quite tellingly, the number of complaints :angry:  in here, about the stadium and its safety, or the food hygiene and public safety (and public means anyone using the stadium, fan, staff or player)...there has been not ONE single email or phone call to the Ground Safety Officer for the club (the clue is in the name folks) regarding ANYTHING mentioned in the forum regarding safety.

I wonder why that is?? :dry:

I have and I got a reply!

I have already suggested that if there has to be change thhen the RFL has to make it.

If you want to contact the RFL stating what is going on, the state of customer services and how

the club, one of the founder members,, will cease to exist if something is not done and done quickly contact:

karen.moorhouse@rfl.uk.com She is on the legal team and covers customer Services.

So don't just moan - do something!!!!

I have and I got a reply!

I have already suggested that if there has to be change thhen the RFL has to make it.

If you want to contact the RFL stating what is going on, the state of customer services and how

the club, one of the founder members,, will cease to exist if something is not done and done quickly contact:

karen.moorhouse@rfl.uk.com She is on the legal team and covers customer Services.

So don't just moan - do something!!!!

what did they reply?

This is Rugby Leagues no 1 forum.If the RFL dont pick up on whats being said here then they should.This is the way the world is nowadays.In the absence of this I would say nothing and get on with my life which would not involve watching orlfc at Whitebank under Hamilton.This forum allows me to state my position and gauge if  others agree, which they appear to most of the time.The RFL have just the same access here as I or Hamilton.In my other sport Stock Car racing the track promoters (Hamiltons equivalent) openly enter debates on forums and communicate with the punters.They use the forums to their advantage.They explain decisions they have made and changes to advertised fixtures etc.They are reasonable people.

I've followed the sad drama of this once great club for sometime now without ever wanting to comment. It is fairly obvious looking historically even at the traffic on this forum that the clubs supporter base has melted away over the years. I was at Spotland all those years ago when the club narrowly missed out on Super League. For now to have an attendence of 250 in a hovel of a stadium shows how far the club has fallen. Only one man (the owner) is responsible for this state of affairs.

It truly is the final curtain for Hamilton and those who are staying away should in my view remain optimistic for the future. There are people willing to rebuild the club post Hamilton. Unfortunately it will be a slow death. Hamilton believes he can get something for the club, and although most sensible people know this to be not the case, he will hang on intil the bitter end. No one is going to pay £250K in order to purchase debts of...........£250K. Any investor with £500K to throw about will wait for the club to fall.

The fact that he is no longer full time at the club just prolongs the process. At some point the gates will drop even further and at the point when players and coaching staff can't be paid you may see some movement.

So don't despair there is a future for professional rugby league in Oldham. The work will start when Hamilton finally goes.

I understand what you are saying Andykenny but I still feel that we must make sure the RFL does know what's going on.

So why not email Karen Moorhouse and make your point directly rather than hoping she logs onto us.

You could also make the point about directing her to what is being said.

Just do it!!!

Dear Karen Moorhouse

I would like to draw your attention to the goings on at Oldham Rugby League .

It would appear that the vast majority of supporters stay away from games at Whitebank and at best attend away games only.

This is due to the state of the ground and the loss in confidence in the club owner and his ability to keep the club going.

http://www.totalrl.com/forums/index.php/forum/10-oldham-roughyeds/

This forum will give you a good insight into what has been happening.

Pls read some of the threads .You will note some threads with over 10000 views.

Do not fall into the trap of dismissing the forum or of thinking the posts are from moaners ,keyboard warriors and trolls.

These people are genuinely upset and care for Oldham RLFC but see no future under its current setup.

I am not sure what you can do about the situation but it is important that the RFL is aware  of the situation and does not allow one of its heartland  clubs to die.

Andy Kenny

One other way to look at Whitebank.

In my opinion the ground is not fit for professional rugby league.

The away team players must dread coming to the ground.

The terracing ( pathways, walkways whatever ) are not safe for fans to walk down. They are full of holes and ruts where a bad accident can happen.

Did not the Rochdale coach say sometime ago he would not play a pre season friendly ( Law Cup ) due to the state of the ground.

If every club in the RFL took that attitude In my opinion the RFL would have to act.

What is required is a full investigation as to how the club as been managed in recent years and what the causes of the situation are.

Under CH the club has been the wanderers of rugby league using many grounds Whitebank is the Pits ( Used to be the Pit club many years ago ).

The club are in the last chance saloon, We need a new sherriff in charge.

Reply from Karen Moorhouse to my/a number of emails:

Dear all,

I have received a number of emails regarding Oldham Rugby League Club. Rather than respond individually and on a piecemeal basis I thought it would make more sense to send a single complete response to all of you.

Thank you for bringing your concerns regarding Oldham to my attention. As some of you recommended that I did, I have also taken the time to look on the forums to understand further some of the issues from the perspective of Oldham’s supporters.

I am concerned that a group of long term supporters of a club (and therefore the game) feel as you all do. I have brought your concerns to the attention of Mr Hamilton and he has asked that you contact the club directly so that he can consider your concerns and respond personally to you.

The RFL is of course aware of certain challenges facing the Club (including the stadium) and we were already in dialogue with Mr Hamilton on these.

In relation to a couple of other specific points raised:

1) I can confirm that Mr Hamilton is not employed by the RFL; and

2) In relation to Mr Hamilton’s employment outside of the Club, we do not have specific rules on how much time chief executives / chairmen dedicate to their clubs as different clubs are structured in many ways and what works for one club might be entirely inappropriate for another.

Once again, thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.

Kind regards

Karen

Karen Moorhouse

Director of Operations and Legal

emailsig

RFL

Red Hall, Red Hall Lane, Leeds, LS17 8NB

Fax - 0113 232 9495

Mobile - 07841 997882

karen.moorhouse@rfl.uk.com

http://www.therfl.co.uk

Aye, of course he will respond personally to individual or group concerns..........

Maybe this is the time for EVERYBODY who have issues to get together and submit a detailed document outlining what many feel is wrong with the ground/management. Mr. Hamilton has asked for this lets see how he reacts to such a document.  It would show the feeling that Oldham supporters have but more to the point, show how many 'supporters' no longer attend home matches. That would be an answer to quote - 'what can you do'  unquote.   There would probably be as many people as their are that attend matches.   That alone should be incentive enough to get every body pulling in the same direction.  Maybe I am nieve but nobody wants the club to die.

Have a bucket collection at the next home game, use the money for a full page statement in the local rag (whichever is the most popular), even CH must read a paper. It could just stir the press into looking into your problems and perhaps be taken up by the Rugby League press

Just a thought.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

Impossible and futile.For years this has been apparent. The BQ fiasco spoke volumes about the man.On the one hand you had a man putting money into the club having a meeting and explaining his position .On the other you had a man spending that money and not communicating with his co director.For years this wall of silence exists and the club goes steadily downhill.Offers of help ignored ,trail of debt, You name it.

Asking for Him to address my individual concers?

That would be like trying to diffuse a nuclear bomb on its way down to the target after the plane has dropped it.

switching the topic back to the ground situation for a sec.....

can anyone remember why we didn't move to hollinwoods pitches at new field road in chadderton?

i pass the playing fields a couple of times a week on the tram when off to manchester and its always baffled me why is there a massive playing field,with THREE rugby league pitches on it...and its owned by the bloody RFL!!.....YET WE WERE HOMELESS FOR YEARS lol

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

been googling....from 2006..so nearly 10 years ago

http://www.rugbyoldham.org/newsletters/number2_051206.pdf

where is says "ground news"...seems hollinwood said no cos they where worried about finding a new or temporary home....which is frankly ridiculous....

i wonder what would happen if RO went back to the RFL & hollinwood with a plan to create some kind of community RL facility? theres room for 3 pitches on the site so hollinwood have no reason to be worried about having to move..

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

Archived