425 crowd and Hamilton at Leigh again

thecrab

Plumbed to new lower depths.

This clown does not have our club in his interests.

The sooner this all ends the better

I am surprised it was such a high crowd to be honest. Wonder how many were Coventry.

I am less surprised though, if he was at Leigh.

Was hoping for sub 200 to be honest , maybe Coventry brough a few given it was their first game.

We really need to actively start calling for boycott's to home matches to try and put the squeeze on CH 

Because if you are employed by LSV to manage elements of their stadium business, then events at LSV require your attendance, by contract. If you fail to meet the contractual obligation you will be sacked. So he's between a rock and a hard place - suffer the increasing anger of Oldham supporters, by disengaging with them further by failing to even attend matches, or, attend Oldham matches, but lose your job.

Maybe CH thinks that by having this role at Leigh he doesn't need to take as much money out of Oldham and therefore Oldham can use that money to be more competitive and make ground improvements etc. Or, maybe he's seen the writing on the wall and this job is him preparing for life/securing income for life after Roughyeds.

The third option is that maybe he just needs a new challenge, a task that he doesn't perceive as thankless, while still remaining involved with RL. It must be tough maintaining and renewing your passion for something for nearly 20 years. Look for any successful, progressive business where the boardroom has remained unchanged for 20 years. They are few and very far between. You need new ideas, new passion, new funding streams, new knowledge, new approaches. In any business.

But my perception, and it is only an opinion, is that this club CANNOT get that new input. By financial mismanagement or stubborn pride CH has seemingly painted himself into a corner. He can't or won't let anyone work with him, and the club's financial position and CH's track record mean the club is unviable as an investment. So for better or worse, whether he attends matches or not, CH is the future of THIS club. Either he'll prove us wrong and succeed in turning things around, or he won't and the club will eventually fold.

Clifford, Unlike the shouty fan yesterday, I don't have an issue with the admission price or season ticket price as it relates to the quality of the Rugby.

The game even at our current level is entertaining and athletic. Individual errors, mis-communication and poor decision making are more prevalent in our league, but the conditioning of most of the players, and their commitment and athleticism are superb.

It costs £10 to go to the pictures, plus all your popcorn and whatnot. A computer game is £50. Decent theatre ticket is at least £35. 2 hours live entertainment for £12 is not bad. Prices are similar across the league.

Only problem is Whitebank. £12 is too much to gain entrance to Whitbeank. £5 is too much to gain entrance to Whitebank.

The disquiet grows by the day.

Tubulars view of the mans stubborness is about right.He wants to get out but wants paying.

Clearly that is never going to happen and we will have to watch this slow death that he will put the club through.

Not sure how this can be avoided and despite our frustrations.I think nature has to take its course.Then a case put to the RL that vast amounts of the fan base had lost confidence in the owner for genuine reasons.

I think we should avoid raising issues with HSE and other agencies as discussed in another thread, although its understandable why you might.

The point I was making is how far the club has fallen from getting crowds for a team games to 1000's watching the first team.

The game was entertaining the endeavour was there to behold.

I tend to agree with the attendance figure from the chron

This is the first post I have ever done on any type of rugby league forum.I think it is sad that for whatever reason how fractured and divided our fans have become.If you have taken the decision not to attend ORLFC then so be it.But to carry on meaning and whinging about things doesn't do anybody any good.Just find something else to do on a sunday and enjoy your new pastime.Sometimes it seems to get a bit tetchy on her and that is not what sport is about.If you pay to attend games you can voice an opinion but how can you if you don't even show up.

Some of us do show up, cos we support the team and enjoy the crack. That makes us customers as well as supporters. Our opinion is valid.

And even those who don't attend are still rugby league fans. Believe me, there are many many many more Oldham rugby league fans that DON'T go than those that do go.

And by your logic, if you don't attend matches you shouldn't have a say in the club. You might want to tell CH that. He doesn't attend matches, perhaps he shouldn't have a say either.

And the moaning does do some good, it lets RO, the rfl and others know that we want a future club in Oldham run differently, and as a group of supporters, we have the desire and means to run it.

Myself an another long term loyal supporter stayed away from the game on Sunday for a few reasons.

Firstly, I object to paying £12 to stand in the cold driving rain, as I did the week before for rats testimonial, which had a smaller crowd, albeit that was for a good cause. 

Secondly, the way the club is being run down into the ground is appalling as it is upsetting, a Chairman that cannot attend games due to the fact he's "at Work". We've lost a valuable member of the Admin side,and the ground is an absolute joke. No improvements since moving in , May 2010, and no sign of anything on the horizon.

The number of people not staying behind after the game is dwindling, it's starting to resemble the one man and his dog scenario. The reason for this is obvious, no post match speeches from Chairman or Coaching staff,and a distinct lack of appearance by most of the squad. There's more atmosphere on Mars.

And this Sunday, like last Sunday, i won't be parting with £12 to stand and watch the same team I could have watched last week. To pay £12 for this level of Rugby, I have to earn £18. I'll get the chance to see Coventry in April in the league as I've bought a season ticket.

The general state of our club, off field, is heartbreaking, to not be able to see a solid future is overwhelmingly worrying. Just look at what the Featherstone and FC United supporters have achieved with their grounds in the 5 years we've been at the Whitebank. FC United have built a complete stadium. And us?, I don''t think we've used a complete tin of paint since we that 1st game.

March and April will be a financial disaster for the club, 2 Coventry games with crowds that wont touch 350, Barrow away on mothers day and Man U V Spurs on tv. We probably won't get past Barrow, so that'll be no home games till  April 12th when its.......COVENTRY...........again, and the next home game two weeks after that is London. So no major crowd increase on the horizon for the foreseeable future, but never mind, CH will be earning money whilst he's "at work".  depressing isn't it.

GIVE US A TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The plight of professional rugby in Oldham is one of the saddest stories in the decline of Rugby League outside an elite group.

As somebody who regularly attended Watersheddings and occasionally Boundary Park - I was even very briefly the media manager of The Bears (for my sins) I have always had a soft spot for the club (my "second" team).

When I retired as RL reporter of the Daily Star and chairman of Tameside Borough (who became Manchester Knights) I moved away from the area so I only get to see the team a couple of times a season - the next will be up here in Barrow a week on Sunday.

I have no knowledge of Chris Hamilton or his methods but I read these pages regularly to keep in touch and I find it hard to believe that the club - any club - could sink so low while still continuing as members of the League. Can it be that ORLFC really is a one-man band.  No chairman, no secretary, treasurer, no directors? Surely there must be something in the rules of the RFL that forbids this state of affairs. 

I don't see how all this sniping at CH is helping matters either.  When Barrow were in a mess a few years ago and the then chairman was banned from the game, the club was in a pretty mess with an uncertain future.  A public meeting was held - some 350 supporters turned up and 12 new directors were co-opted on to the board via debenture holdings.

It showed that if there's a will there's a way.  Barrow clawed their way back from the brink and debts of some half a million to a state of stability.

No club can run even the cheapest semi-professional squad on gates of 291, even with the annual handout from the RFL (something like £90,000 I understand). It is clear from postings on here that Mr. Hamilton, as a former President of the RFL, is reluctant to hand over reins of the club (though I have only views of angry forum members to support this view) but unless people get round a table to actually talk to each other  to sort this out there will be no future for the professional game in the town. And if Whitebank really is as bad as everybody says and Mr. Hamilton has no interest in improving it or bringing help on board then it's just a question of time before the club disappears altogether. Not an original thought, I know, but one that gains strength will almost every posting on here.

I wasn't having a go at anyone.Its just a shame when it comes to things getting a little personal.I know there is quite a bit off disquiet amongst certain people and its a shame because our sport is the greatest on gods earth.I have also read some comments regarding a persons physique which isn't warranted.If people have a problem with someone why don't they approach them in person in a professional manner to voice their reservations about how the club is run etc.I suppose we are all different but at least we all have something in common is that we love Oldham and we love our Rugby league.

I wasn't having a go at anyone.Its just a shame when it comes to things getting a little personal.I know there is quite a bit off disquiet amongst certain people and its a shame because our sport is the greatest on gods earth.I have also read some comments regarding a persons physique which isn't warranted.If people have a problem with someone why don't they approach them in person in a professional manner to voice their reservations about how the club is run etc.I suppose we are all different but at least we all have something in common is that we love Oldham and we love our Rugby league.

People have tried in the past but CH doesnt want to know. He has no regard for the paying fans. As long as bodies go through the turnstiles every home game and a team is put on the meadow and he gets his wage from the RFL, he doesnt give a monkeys. Customer satisfaction isnt his number 1 priority.

Couldn't the people who aren't overly enhamered by CH approach him via the Oldham Chronicle through an advert placed in the paper thus putting your points and opinions in the public domain.Surely if you could band together and do it that way he couldn't ignore that could he.Just to make it clear that I neither love nor loath CH as I don't know the bloke but I do love our club,players,staff and our fantastic supporters.

He doesn't have to respond to anything anywhere. It's his club, which he can do with what he wants. And, as been said before, regard for species appears to be the least of his priorities, apart from when he wants money from them.

I wonder whether he has taken a more Pragmatic approach than a lot of us who still post on here in the folorn hope that anything on this forum will bring about change to the way things are done in Mr Hamiltons business model ( ORLFC PLC).

Rogers match reports were a must read for many seasons for me in "better" times at the Roughyeds, the ongoing saga has, in effect, alienated me from something that once was a "consuming Passion" 

If things do change in my lifetime I will be back but I drew my Line, Its not about the Lads on the park, or Scott and Spanner, or even Whitebank...Its about how people who love the game and Particularly Oldham Roughyeds who are known to me are slighted and methodically ignored and in fact Taken for granted...people with a passion for Oldham and a vision, who are hurting and frustrated at what is happening to something they treasure highly but are rendered helpless by, who now can only see more of the same sad decline till everything falls apart....eventually.

I hope Chris finally achieves promotion though...At LSV! (That should do the Trick!)

Archived