425 crowd and Hamilton at Leigh again

thecrab

Well Sheep, between the supporters (old and new), old sponsors, potential sponsors and Rugby Oldham, there is more than enough money, know how, passion and vision to successfully run a professional rugby club at Championship level in Oldham. Plus, I FIRMLY believe the option of playing at Boundary Park remains viable as does a longer term multi-purpose small stadium development.

Unfortunately many of the relationships, loyalties and contracts necessary to realise these goals have been strained and/or fractured over recent years. 

The primary challenge facing professional Ruby League in Oldham - regardless of ownership, operating model or funding source - is to heal these strains and fractures. Only that way will everyone in Oldham who has a 'consuming passion' for RL, or a financial interest in RL, or a cultural interest in RL share a vision for, and interest in, the club's development and success.

Sadly we are now faced with the reality that despite all he has done over the years, we are at a point (and have been for some time now) where the current owner may be the primary barrier to that healed and inclusive future.

Mr C Hamilton owns ORLFC, like a sopkeeper owns a shop, and he can do what he wants. Sadly, no matter how many comments are made on these pages he will continue as he pleases. I have been a home and away supporter for 56 years and I have decided I will not to support Mr.C.Hamilton any more but I will go to away games but not to any home games whilst he is in charge.

I feel the only way to ouste him is not to support his ego and to stop putting even more money into his pocket.

His link with Leigh is nothing more than despicable and to ignore visiting teams is shameful and embarrassing for all those associated with ORLFC.

Since, he doesn't read these pages or speaks to anyone concerned about his club, can I suggest that we begin writing to the Oldham Evening Chronicle expressing our total lack of confidence in Mr.C.Hamilton and to show those who have recently stopped watching Oldham  that there is still a great RL club worth fighting for.

There has to be a determined public campaign to return Oldham to the top table - sadly without Mr.C.Hamilton.. 

Why hasn't the chron reported CH's link with LSV, there is a clear conflict of interest as he is required to attend LSV and I assume as the only board member he is required to attend orlfc matches.

I won't be at white bank on Sunday but will listen to the radio coverage.

Saw Roger on Sunday and thank goodness his passion for the club doesn't wane

Hamilton will be aware of what is said on here.100%.Also the rfl will be aware.There are threads on here with 13000 views.Dont understimate the power of this thing.The growing realisaton that the club in its present form is not long for this world will be duly noted.The fact of even more ardent people questioning the situation backs this up.

Why hasn't the chron reported CH's link with LSV, there is a clear conflict of interest as he is required to attend LSV and I assume as the only board member he is required to attend orlfc matches.

I won't be at white bank on Sunday but will listen to the radio coverage.

Saw Roger on Sunday and thank goodness his passion for the club doesn't wane

There is no requirement for any board members, chief executive or even the head coach to actually attend any game.

Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

Give 'em a fair trial..........and then hang 'em"

Well, no cos I was a season ticket holder and I'm not this year. I know other former season ticket holders who have not bought one this year. I expect the 500 average to be nearer 400 this year. Plus I know season ticket holders who now regret having bought one given the issues that have come to the fore over recent weeks.

And boycotting is about more than just withholding OUR money. It sends a message beyond CH to sponsors, bankers, the rfl, the Chron, MEN and RL media.

Cast your mind back a few years now...Tony Benson and his wonderful family, lots of fans doing all they could, myself and my kids included, fixing the Seats, Putting up the Hollands H`s...A wave of volunteer enthusiasm everywhere you looked....done on Trust and Hope for a better future wasn`t it....or so I thought...

Archived