6 Mar: Wakefield Trinity Wildcats v St Helens KO 8pm (TV)

Who will win?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity Wildcats
    • Draw
    • St Helens

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amor & Burns banned (unless Saints can get Burns ban overturned before Friday), Walsh still 50/50 to play so I think this game is going to be a lot closer than some think.

Last weeks drubbing at Widnes in no way reflects how good a team Wakefield are and they just had a really bad day at the office.

I still think Saints will have enough to take this one but I reckon by no more than 8pts.

Wakey 10 - Saints 18 

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

If Walsh isn't back then we'll presumably go with Hohaia and Wilkin in the halves, which might not strike too much fear into Wakefield. Amor's also going to be a big loss for us. I'm very surprised that he's been given a two game ban. I'll be watching very closely for other crusher tackles and the bans which are handed out for them this season.

Wakefield don't look bad to me. I think we'll get the points in a tough game.

i sound like a record but why oh why don't saints give dave hewitt his debut at scrum half

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

i sound like a record but why oh why don't saints give dave hewitt his debut at scrum half

Hewitt's defence is too weak for SL week in week out. Even in the U19's he got targetted a lot and struggled.  

I'd hoped that Saints would have loaned him out to Rochdale or Whitehaven this year so he can work on this part of his game before coming back to play SL.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

If Walsh isn't back then we'll presumably go with Hohaia and Wilkin in the halves, which might not strike too much fear into Wakefield. Amor's also going to be a big loss for us. I'm very surprised that he's been given a two game ban. I'll be watching very closely for other crusher tackles and the bans which are handed out for them this season.

Wakefield don't look bad to me. I think we'll get the points in a tough game.

Sadly it would appear that, if reports elsewhere are true, it's going to be Wello and Wilkin in the halves. 

If that does turn out to be the case then Cunningham has a problem.  He clearly has a problem with Hohaia as he's not playing him no matter how knackered Robes is or how much we need someone who can actually play in the halves.  But aside from that if Cunningham opts for his buddy Wello instead of someone who helped us to get to a GF and top spot last season then he has a problem as a coach and we are going to have a problem with him as our coach.  It's bad enough that he leaves players on the bench until the last 15 minutes and drops a player who gave a MoM performance last week for someone who was terrible agains the Souths (Turner).  It's also a problem that Cunningham has said to the press that he thinks Wilkin looks like a half these days.

Too many old friends on the coaching staff methinks, and not enough experience in our head coach.

Would think that Wakefield will get a good spanking regardless of what team Cunningham puts out.  Saints by at least 20.    Maybe 6 - 32  Eddie will love it.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Saints TV schedule first 10 rounds of the season.

Round 1 Dragons

Round 2 Devils

Round 3 Tigers

WCC   Souths

Round 4 Wakey

Round 5 -

Round 6 Wolves

Round 7 KR

Round 8 Wigan

Round 9 -

Round 10 Rhinos

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

Sadly it would appear that, if reports elsewhere are true, it's going to be Wello and Wilkin in the halves. 

If that does turn out to be the case then Cunningham has a problem.  He clearly has a problem with Hohaia as he's not playing him no matter how knackered Robes is or how much we need someone who can actually play in the halves.  But aside from that if Cunningham opts for his buddy Wello instead of someone who helped us to get to a GF and top spot last season then he has a problem as a coach and we are going to have a problem with him as our coach.  It's bad enough that he leaves players on the bench until the last 15 minutes and drops a player who gave a MoM performance last week for someone who was terrible agains the Souths (Turner).  It's also a problem that Cunningham has said to the press that he thinks Wilkin looks like a half these days.

Too many old friends on the coaching staff methinks, and not enough experience in our head coach.

jobs for the boys eh?

Saints TV schedule first 10 rounds of the season.

Round 1 Dragons

Round 2 Devils

Round 3 Tigers

WCC   Souths

Round 4 Wakey

Round 5 -

Round 6 Wolves

Round 7 KR

Round 8 Wigan

Round 9 -

Round 10 Rhinos

Compare that with previous years when other teams were the champions.  I'm sure there's very little difference to previous years.

Had we had Walsh in the team we would have looked a bit like we looked at the start of last season, when we were very definitely entertaining.  Alas, we only have Wilkin.  I suppose he is entertaining in his way. Kicking out on the full, giving away pens, knocking on, missing heaps of tackles ...

I do have faith in Keiron but I share your concerns. Wellens shouldn't be playing in the halves ahead of Hohaia, and I'm unhappy that Jones has been dropped. Is he out of contract this year? It would be a real pity if we lost him as he's proved to be a solid player who's effective in a few different positions.

I agree with cunninghams fishy team selection he should play lance, saints by 18 looks a good shout, even if wakefield get off to a good start saints have to much for the last quarter to crush wakefield, reflective of last nights game theres a few teams that are still after all this time and salary cap change still not complete teams, which to me is being able to perform competitive for the full 80.

Id also say that saints have a huge advantage on either wing, tommy and adam to me are world class and wakefields dont match up, and that can only mean more points to saints, and with roby he is the icing on the cake to get you over the line against the likes of wakefield.

Looking forward to seeing how Jacob Miller goes in this game, first chance I've had to see him since his exit from Hull.

I think the bookies have got it about right with the 12 start to Wakey, but a warning for the home fans.

My team had 12 start last night and got shafted.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

Looking forward to seeing how Jacob Miller goes in this game, first chance I've had to see him since his exit from Hull.

I think the bookies have got it about right with the 12 start to Wakey, but a warning for the home fans.

My team had 12 start last night and got shafted.

Wakefield are 4/5 at +12.5 on the two way handicap. I might have a couple of bob on that. 

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Has it started yet? I was worried about them showing "highlights" from last night.

Can I come out from behind the sofa now?

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

Archived