Rugby Oldham

geoffcooke

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tosh, Spud mistakenly said there would be detailed feedback from RO. This,should have been cleared up a fortnight ago. We published loose details agreed with RO.

Just to fill you in. On Tuesday I will be contacting all parties to be involved in next Monday's (June 1st) meeting with a draft Agenda and we will publish minutes of that meeting as far as we can agree them, by the end of next week.

In a round up from my point of view....Spud and I met with RO and what is clear is that their final aim and core values are the same as the five supporters who met with CH and his team.

That is a partially or fully supporter owned club, overseen by a board of supporter reps. Playing at a higher level in a stadium that will attract supporters and ensure adequate facilities for players, fans and alternative revenue creating events.

Now CH has stated he is open to Supporter ownership and that he will provide updates on stadium development plans at the next meeting. And that is our starting point.

My personal questions is....will either side be willing to compromise on their big issues.

Thanks HOTB.

I guess everyone's aims are broadly similarly. It's the route to them that might differ. 

I know there will be setbacks and lack of progress, but stay the course.

A brealkthrough is tantalisingly close.

I think this next meeting will  be far more enlightening than the first. That was just breaking ground cautious discussions, getting to know you.

Fingers crossed.

Archived