Meeting with CH

TOSH1960

Great to see this on fb today;

Oldham chairman and owner Chris Hamilton will meet, on Monday, a group of fans who have "concerns" about the club's future.

He said: "I welcome this positive move because it shows that, like me, these supporters care.

"If we can start a dialogue which has a positive outcome for all concerned, especially the club, then I'm all for it.

"At risk of repeating myself and being boring, I want people to help to take the club forward so let's hope this is a starting point.

"As a club, we have plenty to be proud of and plenty to look forward to, so let's pull together to achieve it."

Wishing all concerned a good and positive meeting that moves the club forward and brings some clarity to the situation the club is in.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To those of you attending this meeting on Monday, do you seriously think he's going to give you honest answers ?. He'll just tell you what you want to hear. Try asking him if he'll walk away from the club and give it to the likes of Rugby oldham to run. He's ruined this club with his bad management, and it's time he went. 

GIVE US A TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You've got to at least give him a chance.

This is the first meeting for CH with the fans (for years) so it's unfair to prejudge.

The balls in CH's court, Tubey has got a superb agenda to go through so he needs to provide answers.

Allroughyed,

It isn't a trial. It's a meeting.

I'm very clear what we want to get out of it. Supporter ownership is on the Agenda.

So please don't assume we are either naive idiots, or a soft touch. But equally I am not going to start a row in the first meeting.

If I walked into your house and said 'I don't like the way you run this house, so I think you should give it to me.' would you be inclined to have a second meeting?

However this turns out, rescuing the club will be a long process and whether we like it or not CH has a big part to play in the process. He owns the club and has valuable relationships in the game.

Even if everything goes exactly how you would like, it will take the current club management, independent suporters like us and Rugby Oldham several months to manage the transition and create a new vision, structure and home ground for the club. The rfl, council and alternative stadium owners will all have a role to play too.

So lets have realistic expectations. We meet on Monday, that doesn't mean everything will be solved on Tuesday.

To those of you attending this meeting on Monday, do you seriously think he's going to give you honest answers ?. He'll just tell you what you want to hear. Try asking him if he'll walk away from the club and give it to the likes of Rugby oldham to run. He's ruined this club with his bad management, and it's time he went. 

Very poor and negative response.At least someone who seems to have a sensible head on his shoulders has taken the problems by the scruff of the neck and made a positive gesture.There is apparently an agenda agreed upon by those interested enough to put items forward and I am sure this is both positive and in the interest of the club and supporters.

No doubt any major changes will be the subject of prolonged negotiations, but a start has been made and we can all only hope that CH treats the matter in a positive way also.

Good luck with your meeting, but don't hold your breath expecting him to be open with you. Me and another fellow supporter asked him at York at the end of last season what was happening with Naylor, and we got the answer, with a gin on his face, " You can read it in the chron". So you can now understand why I don't think your meeting will amount to much. The current state of the ground should tell you just what position he's in, and whilst he's in charge, nothing will change, regardless of what demanding questions you put to him. You'd be better of spending Monday morning watching Homes under the Hammer, you'll find it more positive than a meeting with Elton John.

I agree with allroughyed CH will only give you limited info he's a control freak it's his way or no way

1st question I would ask is what is this year business plan how many people do the club need to come through the turnstiles to run the club, if that's not answered then he is running club on RFL funds and doesn't care about fans

This years crowds have not been above 500 which is a disgrace st. Anne's & Saddleworth get more than this

So you don't want us to bother, but then you want us to ask specific questions. Make your mind up!

You are the kind of guys who say 'Someone needs to do something about it'. But then say 'Don't bother doing anything about it, you're wasting your time'. Pathetic.

If you had read other threads you would know we are already proposing to ask the questions you raise.

The reason there is low attendance this year is because many of us have boycotted Whitebank and contacted the RFL, and it's that pressure that has forced this meeting. There is work that's been done to get the meeting and there are plans of action for after the meeting, depending on the the outcome. The meeting is not an end in itself.

We need to have the meeting to find out once and for all, face to face, if he is willing to answer the questions and engage with supporters. If he isn't, then that's fine. He can carry on doing what he's doing and the club will die. Because, make no mistake about it, if he's only getting 200 fans the RFL won't fund him for very long, and you can't run a club on 200 fans.

They can have an alternative Oldham club run by RO perhaps, or they can restructure the league for one less team, or bring in a new expansion team. But they surely won't continue to throw money at an Oldham team with no fans, no sponsors, a stadium not fit for purpose and massive debt.

I'm not really bothered wether you go or not. The questions you are probably going to ask are the same one's I asked him back in feb 2011, and was given the answer " I should know in a week". When asked again 2 months later, the reply was " You asked me that a week ago". So good luck with it all, but don't hold your breath in getting honest answers , just the ones he knows you want to hear. And in other news, Homes under the Hammer is available on catch up. 

Best of luck Monday. As one who has sponsored players, a member of five alive and was part of a small band that gave up weeks of my time to try to make Whitebank semi fit for purpose I wish you well. I have approached CH and his little band for answers to concerns over a number of years. Diplomatically speaking I was told to go away. These were only some of the concerns I shared at the King George last year. At last due to concerted outside pressure CH has agreed to a meeting with a small group of more than concerned supporters.  

I look forward to the results of this as do a great many others and hopefully a proper ongoing dialogue can be established.  

Anyway, enough of that.  It's sunny outside and after a great day out in South Wales last week, It's down to Whitebank to see the lads turn it on again. 

There is one aspect of this meeting that can influence the outcome. The fact that probably half the former supporters no longer attend Whitebank for all the obvious  previously stated reasons. The possibility of bringing those supporters back should be a great incentive for the management of Oldham Rugby to listen and take heed. I totally agree with tubey on this. Set up an agreed agenda to explore avenues( not forgetting it is in ALL the supporters interest )  Mr. Hamilton included.  And as said this will take time and effort by all parties. No help will come from vindictive comments, lets see what transpires before castigating anyone.. At last someone has taken the initiative to attempt to move forward.  Good luck and I hope we  fans will soon hear what the outcome is. Good or Bad

Best of luck Monday. As one who has sponsored players, a member of five alive and was part of a small band that gave up weeks of my time to try to make Whitebank semi fit for purpose I wish you well. I have approached CH and his little band for answers to concerns over a number of years. Diplomatically speaking I was told to go away. These were only some of the concerns I shared at the King George last year. At last due to concerted outside pressure CH has agreed to a meeting with a small group of more than concerned supporters.

I look forward to the results of this as do a great many others and hopefully a proper ongoing dialogue can be established.

Anyway, enough of that. It's sunny outside and after a great day out in South Wales last week, It's down to Whitebank to see the lads turn it on again.

Having been involved in last years meeting at the george and the meeting before "the meeting" just now..im confident we have the personal involved this time it initiate some change...

Tomorrow is going to be very interesting

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

Best of luck tomorrow. So much depends upon the result of this meeting.

Can I suggest that you keep minutes and as soon as the meeting ends, send details to Karen at RFL

and the RL papers eg the League Express - the pressure must stay on!!!

Also, can i suggest a meeting is called for supporters to an open meeting at St.Annes or somewhere similar to discuss

where we go next.

It can't end with the meeting tomorrow.

You were one of the few who used to call people when they had previously dared to criticize the almighty CH in the past. Nice to see you have finally seen the light as so many of us have done in the past couple of years.

Allroughyed,

It isn't a trial. It's a meeting.

I'm very clear what we want to get out of it. Supporter ownership is on the Agenda.

So please don't assume we are either naive idiots, or a soft touch. But equally I am not going to start a row in the first meeting.

If I walked into your house and said 'I don't like the way you run this house, so I think you should give it to me.' would you be inclined to have a second meeting?

However this turns out, rescuing the club will be a long process and whether we like it or not CH has a big part to play in the process. He owns the club and has valuable relationships in the game.

Even if everything goes exactly how you would like, it will take the current club management, independent suporters like us and Rugby Oldham several months to manage the transition and create a new vision, structure and home ground for the club. The rfl, council and alternative stadium owners will all have a role to play too.

So lets have realistic expectations. We meet on Monday, that doesn't mean everything will be solved on Tuesday.

Is the meeting this evening? Best of luck. As you ahve indicated, it will be a get to know you meeting I am sure. Rome wasn't built in a day, as oyu know, and I know you are going for the long haul.

Archived