Town V Batley predictions.

town4me

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we'll struggle. They've all been farmed out to other clubs!!

probably GT. There's one forward and one back I would drop for this sunday but squad strength probably won't allow that. So let's hope they have had a bomb up the rear tonight. Looking forward to troutys training tonight thread

10 May KO:15:00ChampionshipRd: 12

Workington Town v Batley Bulldogs

Zebra Claims Stadium, Derwent Park

Referee: M Woodhead

Reserve: L MacDonald

Touch Judge: J Smith

Touch Judge: D Sharpe

Match Commissioner: C Hodgson

Time Keeper: S Williams

We have nothing at half back and are devoid of confidence, IMO we are there for the taking, if your pack get on top early and can snuff out our dynamic one man rugby you will have a field day.

We wont bring many fans either, even the supporters bus has no interest.

Crisis time for Batley at the mo.

Town 40 batley 6

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

Tierney ? what then , drop Murphy from his nailed on position and not give forrester a gig ? or put him on the wing and not play miller ? he isnt required in my opinion .

im not saying we do need him, I'm just saying I think that's who we'll get.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Tierney ? what then , drop Murphy from his nailed on position and not give forrester a gig ? or put him on the wing and not play miller ? he isnt required in my opinion .

he might be if he can play centre.

We have nothing at half back and are devoid of confidence, IMO we are there for the taking, if your pack get on top early and can snuff out our dynamic one man rugby you will have a field day.

Town 40 batley 6

Your description of Batley isn't too far away from ourselves at the moment! I didn't think batley looked too bad at your place but you see them every week I suppose.

Town 40 batley 6

Did you not see our score at the weekend marra ?

our score was unacceptable at fev but remember fev clicked and had 10 ex SL players on a sunny day with a firm pitch and 2k fans behind them. We had players missing. Not saying it was good but it was always gonna be a tough trip.

Yep, and i still think you'll win!

Derwent Park is a tough place to go when you. are in form, never mind the shambles we have become lately.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

Your description of Batley isn't too far away from ourselves at the moment! I didn't think batley looked too bad at your place but you see them every week I suppose.

They wern't that bad on Sunday. They had a good 65 minutes of possession and where camped in Haven's 20 for the most part of the first and second half. They bombed three certain tries and there would have been no complaints if they had reached 40 It was a case of just trying to hard . Fair play to Haven for hanging in and taking there chances but don't be kidded by the upset dogs fans they where better than they are portraying.

I think all of us Town fans know that this game on Sunday is about us and how our team perform.   Our next three games - Batley (H); Doncaster (A) and Haven (Blackpool) will not only determine our season but could have a very big bearing on our future.    Three winnable games and we will see who wants them most.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

They wern't that bad on Sunday. They had a good 65 minutes of possession and where camped in Haven's 20 for the most part of the first and second half. They bombed three certain tries and there would have been no complaints if they had reached 40 It was a case of just trying to hard . Fair play to Haven for hanging in and taking there chances but don't be kidded by the upset dogs fans they where better than they are portraying.

no easy games but looking at a haven fan saying if they play like last sunday at batley bradford will hammer them puts it into perspective. Good performance needed but batley will be no push over

Hopefully Wigan can come back to the party . I'm taking Lewis Tierney and whoever else from wigans first team squad , I just wish they'd be here every week . It's not the quality it's the consistency

Yep, and i still think you'll win!

Derwent Park is a tough place to go when you. are in form, never mind the shambles we have become lately.

And thats just it pal, we are Not in form !!!  your playing and we are playing so its going to be a great afternoon !! but I love my club as I suspect you do and will be cheering them on this Sunday marra.

Does Declan not fancy moving back "home" to Town for a rest of the season loan?!

From what I saw of him when we played you, you need to get Fifita on the park and give him more game time, him and Sutton if available plus Doran can win you this.Brett Carter always is a threat as well against us, cant understand why he isn't a regular.

From what I saw of him when we played you, you need to get Fifita on the park and give him more game time, him and Sutton if available plus Doran can win you this.Brett Carter always is a threat as well against us, cant understand why he isn't a regular.

agreed K.O.L. He has mainly been used as an impact player so far I would like to see him on the field a bit more

Archived