Who has the Biggest Brush?

Touch breeds bad habits, I've also seen world beaters at touch who are actually ###### poor when it comes to contact, I've a sneaky feeling that touch is being used simply to try and get more funding, if it is what will the extra funding be spent on ?

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the ? Every body wants answering because there is little evidence it being filtered into the community game the RFL community tours are an example they want the RFL kudos but still expect the community players and their clubs to find their own funds, take unpaid leave from work etc etc

Touch breeds bad habits, I've also seen world beaters at touch who are actually ###### poor when it comes to contact, I've a sneaky feeling that touch is being used simply to try and get more funding, if it is what will the extra funding be spent on ?

I said this to somebody recently.  Don't do anything in training you wouldn't do in a game because it breeds bad habits.

In these days of increasing participation (RFL statement) why do we have to call games off for a tour, you say the top clubs players were involved, Sharleston and Illingworth put a team out, same as the scholarship you are depriving the rest of the team for 2-3 players from each team, it does not in my opinion send out the right signal to the rest of the players.

No disrespect but again tours and scholarship in the middle of the season to country's where the game will struggle to take off, I think Ukraine have other things on its mind they are fighting a war. Should we not try to get the game stronger in our own country before we even try expansion we did tour years ago when we had a strong BARLA and the game has struggled to expand, please look at the results from this week it does not make good reading.

Are we just papering over the cracks or did David Gent leave too soon and his legacy is now starting to come to land

• 4 weeks later...

Well we are now into July, and I can honestly say, after over 35 years in the game I've never seen the interest to be so low in the amateur game. I've spoken to many clubs in my area and they are nearly all complaining of very low numbers and lack of interest from players in attending training.

How does the game face up to the monumental challenge it currently faces? 

Should the game contemplate running a super 9's or super 12's after the grand final until Christmas to retain interest

Well we are now into July, and I can honestly say, after over 35 years in the game I've never seen the interest to be so low in the amateur game. I've spoken to many clubs in my area and they are nearly all complaining of very low numbers and lack of interest from players in attending training.

Should the game contemplate running a super 9's or super 12's after the grand final until Christmas to retain interest

The RFL say everything is Rosy it's a joke, I agree even though we as a club are not bad for numbers we struggle for quality, hopefully time and good coaching will improve this. Nearly 50% of the YML is off tomorrow with only 8 teams out of 25 playing in the Entry league, that's if all 4 games go a head, and I posted 40% of all the 16-17-18 games were postponed last week, but as I also said the RFL decided to take the NWC u7s to task about the only area of the game showing an increase, sorry, except Touch

Simple really, during the summer we have to many distractions and our game isn't touch, 7 aside, 9 aside or even 11 aside, it's 13 aside, don't you think we have to many restrictions in the way when it comes to starting a new pub team ? but then has the service areas/RFL killed off the pub team, I say service area/RFL simply because isn't it they who have directed young players away from their source towards a more fashionable club, leaving smaller clubs short of players only to curl up and die, this is when the players being left behind who want to play go along to their nearest RU Club, it's about time all these guys with all the education got their heads from up their are ses and used a little bit of common sense.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Archived