Higham re-joins Leigh (merged threads)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always liked Higham, even though it never really worked out for him at Wigan, for whatever reason.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

There's something slightly unsatisfactory about all this that I can't quite put my finger on.

However, I can't bring myself to criticise Higham, assuming he is leaving because Warrington weren't going to offer a contract for next season. He has had a magnificent career and provided wonderful service to Warrington. Over the last 2/3 years he has actually improved as a hooker.

I wish him all the very best at Leigh and for the rest of his career.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Not sure why Wire have let him go mid-season ? Clarke has been distictly average so far and Dwyer is young & inexperienced. In quite a few games this year Higham has been their stand out player.

Excellent signing for Leigh, though not sure how they are managing to fit him under their salary cap, Higham wont exactly on a basic wage ?

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Always interested to see the future careers of ex-Bradford players.

Indeed - Newton had a decent few years with us all things considered, but I always wish we'd kept Higham, even though it never actually going to happen. Top player.

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

Me too, and agree with browny that he seems to have got better, if anything, with age. Good signing by Leigh.

I thought they might have actually played together a few years ago, but according to Wikipedia, Beswick joined Wigan just after Higham left.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

So pleased to have Mickey , and so heart warming reading all the complimentary messages on here and elsewhere from fans and players. He is held in high regard by many, and deservedly so. He will bring a wealth of rugby nouse, as well as being a fantastic player and the mature influence on the younger players and hopefully some others ;) will be very welcome IMO. You can have the craic and be one of the laaaaaaaads AND be a hard tough opponent without, for example, giving pens. He is a master of his craft. Welcome home Mickey 

...and a welcome rest for Bob Beswick, who has been one of our best players, and continues to be so, but asking him to do 80 mins all the time is something he would do, but we don't want to be constantly worried that he may get injured. 

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

Do Leigh have a Salary Cap? Barlow, Hock, Brierley, Moi Moi etc wont be on small wages and now Higham? I think they are a bit daft paying 50K for a 34 year old, especially when they could have him for nothing come the end of the season. Very good signing and will go well in the Championship butSeems Leigh are happy to go for glory or bust to get into SL. My fear is what happens if they fail?

Is he cup tied? If so, at least he wont be playing against us, meaning we have a better chance of making the semis

Pretty sure he isn't cup-tied.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Archived