Who will win?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Draw
    • St Helens

Saints missing Walsh, Percival, Wilkin, Lomax, Wellens, Vea, Greenwood, Dawson

Saints 19:-

2. Tommy Makinson, 3. Jordan Turner, 4. Josh Jones, 5. Adam Swift, 6. Travis Burns, 8. Mose Masoe, 9. James Roby, 10. Kyle Amor, 13. Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook, 14. Alex Walmsley, 15. Mark Flanagan, 18. Luke Thompson, 19. Greg Richards, 23. Anthony Walker, 25. Andre Savelio, 26. Lewis Charnock, 28. Jack Ashworth, 30. Matty Fleming, 34. Shannon McDonnell

Likely team:

McDonnell

Makinson

Jones / Ashworth

Turner

Swift

Burns

Charnock

Masoe

Roby

Amor

LMS

Flanagan

Thompson

Walmsley

Savelio

Richards

Jones / Ashworth

Saints always seem to struggle in Hull (whichever Hull team they're playing) so this will be a tough, close game.

At least the inclusion of Charnock will see us with a decent goal kicker, Burns has been awful so far this year with some of his attempts.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

This is a huge game for Hull. Win it and we can start to believe we can genuinely make the top eight. Lose and we're right back in the bottom four scrap.

I fancy Hull in this one. In any case here's hoping the aggregate score is in our favour and we can claim the Steve Prescott trophy.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

I don't think Saints have a cat in hell's chance of winning this game.  Not only do successive Saints teams have some kind of phobia about playing rugby in the city of Hull, but we are entirely without anyone remotely resembling a 7, we have lost Percival and Walsh again to injury, and we are ill disciplined, leading to loss of all those KPIs we need to win matches.  On top of that, Hull are actually on a decent run of form thanks to their win against us at LP! 

Hull to win. Alas, alas.

What's up with Percival now? He doesn't seem to have much luck with injuries.

No idea as the club hasn't mentioned what is wrong with him.  It may be his knee playing up as it's been heavily strapped since his return but that's just a guess.  We will miss him in the backline.  I hope Flemming copes ok at centre.  At least Jones can be pushed into the spot if he has a tough time of it.

Steve Prescott's kids get a nice reception from the crowd before the kick off.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

Astonishing try for Saints, bit of a "wide to West" about it.

0-6.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

Whiting pinches ball one on one and gets penalised, Saints take the two in spite of having Hull under the cosh.

0-8.

Jordan Thompson gives Leon Pryce a bit of room and he pushes off a couple of tackles.

6-8.

Saints pen,

6-10

AbullI I think it was, over.

10-10

Makinson try and goal.

10-16

Turner drop goal, 10-17.

Game over

Turner drop goal, 10-17.

Game over

You get the Steve Prescott trophy this time though.

Funny how when your team came to Langtree Park you were convinced you wouldn't win, but you did.  My team has gone to the KC and I was convinced we wouldn't win, but we did (somehow!). 

You get the Steve Prescott trophy this time though.

Funny how when your team came to Langtree Park you were convinced you wouldn't win, but you did.  My team has gone to the KC and I was convinced we wouldn't win, but we did (somehow!). 

Wakefield would never let their fans make fools of themselves like that. :(

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

I though this was a really entertaining, exciting game to watch. Also frustrating from a Hull point of view because it was there for the taking but credit to Saints, some of their last ditch defending was outstanding. Hull piled on the pressure in the closing stages but every time a try looked certain a Saints arm somehow managed to appear from nowhere and just do enough. The game hinged on one moment for me. Hull had just levelled it at 10-0 and attacked from their own goal line straight from the kick off. It was a superb piece of attacking rugby that took Hull deep into Saints territory. A try looked a formality until Talanoa spilled a simple pass with nobody to beat. It gave Saints the opportunity to set the platform for Burns' superbly judged kick to the corner which was brilliantly finished by Makinson.

Lots of positives from a Hull perspective. Saints never looked like breaching Hull's defence other than by kicking and the way Hull threw the ball about was very entertaining. We just need to start throwing it in the right direction a little more. We also claimed the Steve Prescott trophy on aggregate, which was nice.

I understand from his post match comments that Lee Radford was less than convinced by the referee. I think he had a point. I think it's the first time I've seen Matt Thomason at the KC. He looked out of his depth.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Archived