Kingstone Press Championship: Leigh 40 Dewsbury 24

MirfieldRams

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow :onthequiet: I'll give you £25 if your that strapped at the side of the valley

Well spotted PM. Posting amended.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

We cant give Leigh a walk over.Strongest side out then if were still 5th blood some young uns for the mutts.Let em have a feel of what a derby is like.

Strongest possible side for the Leigh game & you never know. Let's give Glover & Delaney a run against batley maybe 1 off the bench,they're as good as Leatherbarrow & Southernwood imo

We will play a strong team in both games, just rotate afew players. Not all players will play all 3 games. Thank you lord we have a successful 2nd team with plenty of talent. The likes of Dunn, glover, the Delaneys n Murankas ect didn't let down v wire and when called up on in other games

We will play a strong team in both games, just rotate afew players. Not all players will play all 3 games. Thank you lord we have a successful 2nd team with plenty of talent. The likes of Dunn, glover, the Delaneys n Murankas ect didn't let down v wire and when called up on in other games

What other games? Have I missed something?

Can the dogs season ticket holders get in for a fiver?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

It really is a tricky decision for GM and, whichever squad he picks there will be someone to criticise it. Let's just place our faith in Morro and back whatever he thinks is the best strategy.

After all, he hasn't done so bad so far has he - our best away record in this division this year, I believe.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

It really is a tricky decision for GM and, whichever squad he picks there will be someone to criticise it. Let's just place our faith in Morro and back whatever he thinks is the best strategy.

After all, he hasn't done so bad so far has he - our best away record in this division this year, I believe.

There won't be any criticism from me on this occasion

This I'd say is morrison's hardest ever decision... 2 important games

But 1 where a team has 2 eyes on a bigger prize and wouldn't want to risk their stars in 2 nowt games that's no disrespect to Doncaster or dewsbury

What do you do for the best???

Do you pitch the second team in weds night saving yourself for the derby game where 2 points is a must

Or field a strong team hoping leigh field a weakened team where you could pinch 2 points that would give us a 5th finish

I'm sure morrison will have weighted up all options for both place finishes and will have a idea which is best for us

Getting to the final is the minimum requirement for me...winning it would be a bonus

So Mr morrison enjoy your free coolie criticism week...and roll on monday ;)

Tough decisions, and a hiding to nowt

All is asked

Pick the team on merit and who is in form,who is fit

And who will and can do the job ;)

It gets even more interesting if you run a couple of permutations through the table that Tom set up. Assuming that the only positions that were to change are ours and Fev's (not necessarily valid but the best approximation at the moment) then our fixtures would look like this for fifth and sixth:

FIFTH

Fev (H)

London (H)

Batley (H)

Whitehaven (H)

Workington (A)

Hunslet (A)

Doncaster (A)

SIXTH

London (H)

Whitehaven (H)

Workington (H)

HUnslet (H)

Fev (A)

Batley (A)

Doncaster (A)

On balance I might prefer the fixtures for sixth over those for fifth but there isn't that much in it, is there?

It gets even more interesting if you run a couple of permutations through the table that Tom set up. Assuming that the only positions that were to change are ours and Fev's (not necessarily valid but the best approximation at the moment) then our fixtures would look like this for fifth and sixth:

FIFTH

Fev (H)

London (H)

Batley (H)

Whitehaven (H)

Workington (A)

Hunslet (A)

Doncaster (A)

SIXTH

London (H)

Whitehaven (H)

Workington (H)

HUnslet (H)

Fev (A)

Batley (A)

Doncaster (A)

On balance I might prefer the fixtures for sixth over those for fifth but there isn't that much in it, is there?

Your only favouring 6th

Because it will save you driving up to cumbria ;)

There's always the bus you know mate ;)

For me 5th...only dodgy game is Workington away

Let's have the big guns at home all day long :)

Thought the squads for both teams would have been released by now for tomorrow's game.

Leigh's squad has been released and is on our RL fans site, quite a strong squad just a few rested, Ridyard and Hock being two of them, cannot remember who the others where to be honest.

Anyway safe journey over and lets hope it's a good game, and good luck for the rest of the season.

Leigh's 19 man squad is:

1 Gregg McNally, 2 Adam Higson, 4 Tom Armstrong, 5 Liam Kay, 7 Ryan Brierley, 8 Fuifui Moimoi, 9 Bob Beswick, 10 Oliver Wilkes, 11 Matthew Sarsfield, 12 Tommy Goulden, 13 Sam Barlow, 15 Jonny Pownall, 17 Ben Reynolds, 18 Tom Spencer, 19 Kurt Haggerty, 21 Jamie Acton, 23 Martin Aspinwall, 30 Micky Higham, 31 Mathias Pala.

The most notable absences are Ridyard, Hock, Worthington, Emmitt and Dixon. Still a strong team. Glad we are rotating some but glad we are not rotating loads.

Will be on my way to spend the day at The Trafford Centre followed by an evening at the LSV to see the mighty Rams.

#UTR : 

Leigh 30 - 34 Rams

FTS: Brown

MoM : Morton

Att: 3,700

To the people attending tonight see you all there. Lets be Loud & Proud for the guys.

Archived