Another valiant defeat.

buford t justice

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jordan Anderson is 'being looked at' whether he is still training I'm not sure.

Read in The Press today and Harrison's said their looking at the amateurs. So my question is why are they not looking at Joel Gibson at Thornhill. I know it's different standard to the Champ, but he looks too good for that league and if he could bring just a fraction of that sparkle into Batley then it would be better than playing Mitchell at 6, which is mind blowing.

Batley's biggest problem was their poor recruitment at the start of the season. Only have two half-backs opens you upto to problems you have suffered all season. Should build a squad, and not one that is forward heavy.

As for half-backs again, not sure of the ins and outs but one player that hasn't been mentioned is Ben Reynolds at Leigh. York's and League ones player of the year last year, now playing in Leigh's reserves. Made one appearance for them all season and spent a month on loan at Doncaster. Would seem like a good solution to me

Jordan Anderson is 'being looked at' whether he is still training I'm not sure.

Read in The Press today and Harrison's said their looking at the amateurs. So my question is why are they not looking at Joel Gibson at Thornhill. I know it's different standard to the Champ, but he looks too good for that league and if he could bring just a fraction of that sparkle into Batley then it would be better than playing Mitchell at 6, which is mind blowing.

Batley's biggest problem was their poor recruitment at the start of the season. Only have two half-backs opens you upto to problems you have suffered all season. Should build a squad, and not one that is forward heavy.

As for half-backs again, not sure of the ins and outs but one player that hasn't been mentioned is Ben Reynolds at Leigh. York's and League ones player of the year last year, now playing in Leigh's reserves. Made one appearance for them all season and spent a month on loan at Doncaster. Would seem like a good solution to me

Joel like many amateurs is simply happy doing what he is doing added to the fact his current full time work commitments wouldn't allow him to attend training

When we are at Leigh recently we got talking to a "scout" from the Leigh club and he said that 2 young halves playing for Leigh East and Leigh Miners would walk into our side.

One was Scott O`Brien who I believe plays for Leigh Miners and the other was the Easts stand-off half, I didn`t catch his name. According to this guy, Leigh wanted to pick them up, but have an embarassement of riches in these positions. Perhaps they might be worth looking at on trial.

When we are at Leigh recently we got talking to a "scout" from the Leigh club and he said that 2 young halves playing for Leigh East and Leigh Miners would walk into our side.

One was Scott O`Brien who I believe plays for Leigh Miners and the other was the Easts stand-off half, I didn`t catch his name. According to this guy, Leigh wanted to pick them up, but have an embarassement of riches in these positions. Perhaps they might be worth looking at on trial.

Hi Vito, it's interesting that you mention Scott O'Brien. I know for a fact that his name was raised with the club some months ago by another fan who was also aware of his talents.

I wonder if the club investigated?

r02c.gif

Hi Vito, it's interesting that you mention Scott O'Brien. I know for a fact that his name was raised with the club some months ago by another fan who was also aware of his talents.

Hes considered by many as the best half back in the conference but I believe he may already have been snapped up by Warrington for next season unless im mistaken.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

Hes considered by many as the best half back in the conference but I believe he may already have been snapped up by Warrington for next season unless im mistaken.

well lets have him for rest of the season then BTW do agree with a lot of points you do make its just one or two that i don't and if we all had same opinions it would be a boring world

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

If the club can't investigate amateurs when they are in our own backyard in the finals we host every year, I can't see anyone from the club traveling to Leigh to investigate, heaven forbid, even picking up a phone and making a call.

Again its a total lack of commitment from the club, in this day and age, no one is going to give you something on a silver platter, you have to go out and put the work in.

Like everything else at the club, if it does not come knocking on our door, presenting itself to us, we don't go out looking for it, either it be players or sponsorship, or anything else for that matter, the club has no get up and go.

It's about time the club paid professionals to do a proper job in various roles, instead of expecting volunteers to do everything. Marketing and scouting being top of the list.

If the club can't investigate amateurs when they are in our own backyard in the finals we host every year, I can't see anyone from the club traveling to Leigh to investigate, heaven forbid, even picking up a phone and making a call.

Again its a total lack of commitment from the club, in this day and age, no one is going to give you something on a silver platter, you have to go out and put the work in.

Like everything else at the club, if it does not come knocking on our door, presenting itself to us, we don't go out looking for it, either it be players or sponsorship, or anything else for that matter, the club has no get up and go.

It's about time the club paid professionals to do a proper job in various roles, instead of expecting volunteers to do everything. Marketing and scouting being top of the list.

pennine league isn't the best league for players so i doubt we'd make the leap into that market NCL is a decent standard

How do you know any of this? Genuinely would like to know, or are you really making a few assumptions there?

l think that the opposite is true, that there are too few key personnel at the club and that those who are there are working too hard on other issues that perhaps distract from the tasks that will be most beneficial to the club. 

How do you know any of this? Genuinely would like to know, or are you really making a few assumptions there?

l think that the opposite is true, that there are too few key personnel at the club and that those who are there are working too hard on other issues that perhaps distract from the tasks that will be most beneficial to the club.

I hold my hands up, perhaps a smidgen of assumption from previous years, especially where the sponsorship is concerned.

Im happy to agree with your point of too few key personnel, but the answer to that, is the same as mine, pay a professional to do a job, and not to do it on the cheap using volunteers.

My statement of putting the blame on the club for lack of commitment now becomes moot, perhaps the blame now shifts to KN for not employing staff to do the jobs that need doing, allowing them all to be dedicated to their different tasks, after all he controls the purse strings.

Archived