Wow, some strange results in the NCL premier this summer season. Its as close as its ever been in years. Unpredictable is the word. No telling who is going to finish top of the pile this season. What a shame it will probably be won by the team that has the least weddings and bachelor weekend to attend!

Wow, some strange results in the NCL premier this summer season. Its as close as its ever been in years. Unpredictable is the word. No telling who is going to finish top of the pile this season. What a shame it will probably be won by the team that has the least weddings and bachelor weekend to attend!

Not many weddings,stag weekends in Oct/Nov when the season is decided.

A season is decided over the season (War) not a single game (Battle) so I'd endorse the original statement.

A season is decided over a season,well I never.here's me thinking the play offs decided who reaches the Grand Final and that decides who the champions are.

A season is decided over a season,well I never.here's me thinking the play offs decided who reaches the Grand Final and that decides who the champions are.

How is it decided who gets into the play offs and does the system that decides who gets into the play offs start at the beginning of the season or in Oct/Nov ?

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Celtic is exactly right, plus when young single lads from a club take holidays it can be up to 20 who holiday together. This can add up to 3 missed fixtures, what can any club do to compensate for that scenario ?

So what's your answer,go back to playing in winter,there you go Marauder,another summer/winter debate to keep you going for a few weeks.

So what's your answer,go back to playing in winter,there you go Marauder,another summer/winter debate to keep you going for a few weeks.

To late to return to winter the damage is done, Mr Gent would not and did not listen to many peoples concerns when pushing the crusade for Summer rugby. Alas all the points now being proved right !!! Not getting involved on another long winded debate just stating facts that the RFL did not listen to grassroots points of view.

Celtic is exactly right, plus when young single lads from a club take holidays it can be up to 20 who holiday together. This can add up to 3 missed fixtures, what can any club do to compensate for that scenario ?

Don't the NCL allow clubs to request up to 2 blank weekends to allow for weddings/stag weekends etc.

Don't the NCL allow clubs to request up to 2 blank weekends to allow for weddings/stag weekends etc.

You can request before season fixtures are released, but it is only a request. No guarantees are made. Most young men don't know whats happening next weekend never mind six months in advance. 

You can request before season fixtures are released, but it is only a request. No guarantees are made. Most young men don't know whats happening next weekend never mind six months in advance.

All the weddings/stag weekends I've been on we're booked more than 6 months in advance as are holidays involving large groups usually.

All the weddings/stag weekends I've been on we're booked more than 6 months in advance as are holidays involving large groups usually.

Wish I lived in your perfect world, unfortunately the majority of administrators in the NCL live in the real world and have to deal with the fast paced life that we live in. I have 2 stag parties due in the near future and have been waiting for months for a decision on which weekend and where we will be going. If a holiday is booked six months in advance ie January for July what then happens for holidays booked in February,March onwards. Don,t want to sound argumentative, I just get frustrated when people don,t understand the weekly problems that all administrators  and coaches face each week.  

Live in a perfect world,I wish,all teams regularly have 2 to 3 players missing during July/August period and the times when larger numbers are missing can be dealt with by requesting blank weekends.

The original post stated that it will be a shame that the champions will probably be decided by the team with the least weddings,stag do's,I beg to differ,since the switch to summer the best team over the season has generally emerged as champions.

Several club administrators are coming on the forum venting their frustrations on the down side to the all singing all dancing switch to summer .

Why are you not debating this at NCL meetings it's your league or is it ?

The game needs corrective action after three seasons you should have all the negatives and positives boxed off so what changes have been proposed for next year or do you have to do what the NGB tell you ?

FFS it's our game grow some and do what is best for you its your clubs that make the game , I have seen NCL clubs consistenly fail to put out reserve teams for the the last three years and still you accept a playing format that does not suit .

It must be frustrating for the club administrators who work 12 months in a year not just the playing season to have to chase people up to play and pay fines for non fulfilment ,or even worse to send our patched up sides to get embarrassed with heavy defeats .

Papering the cracks is a short term fix we need a full open debate across all sections of the game to put all the pros and cons into the pot .

I can't see the situation improving if we just sit at the keyboard saying there is nothing we can do .

Challenge your management give them ideas and if they don't or won't listen vote them out .

Participation - down

Funding - down

Playing standards - down

Top class home grown half backs - where are they?

People leaving the amatuer game - rising.

All part of the bigger plan to beat the aussies - but we still lag behind and still can't compete with them and the kiwis! !!

The RFL seem to be doing a great job!

In a sport that is judged by results isn't it high time the top people at the RFL took a look at their very own achievements as they seem to be failing in every department (see points raised above).

Whatever happened to the so called world cup legacy?

Participation - down

Funding - down

Playing standards - down

Top class home grown half backs - where are they?

People leaving the amatuer game - rising.

All part of the bigger plan to beat the aussies - but we still lag behind and still can't compete with them and the kiwis! !!

The RFL seem to be doing a great job!

In a sport that is judged by results isn't it high time the top people at the RFL took a look at their very own achievements as they seem to be failing in every department (see points raised above).

Whatever happened to the so called world cup legacy?[/quot

Top Class home grown half backs we haven't had any for years ( neither has any SL clubs ) so can't blame summer rugby for that

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Live in a perfect world,I wish,all teams regularly have 2 to 3 players missing during July/August period and the times when larger numbers are missing can be dealt with by requesting blank weekends.

The original post stated that it will be a shame that the champions will probably be decided by the team with the least weddings,stag do's,I beg to differ,since the switch to summer the best team over the season has generally emerged as champions

No body gets free week ends on the fixture list it may seem like its free but believe me its not. You are given games to play as backlog fixtures which we have experience of  this season. the team we had to play were asked would they play us mid week as we had at their request arranged our earlier fixture. Guess what NO was the answer makes you wonder is it worth it. Will not get done by them again.

Its nice to be important, but never forget its important to be nice!!!

Archived