Keighley

moorside roughyed

I for one am very much looking forward to the massive game on Sunday. I think it will be closer than a close thing.Any thoughts from anyone about this game.Fingers and toes crossed we'll win.Should be a great game,good luck to the lads.

My only worry are the old heads in midfield, they tend to have a habit of producing the goods on the big occasions against us.

If we play anything like last Sunday and get a bit more rub of the green with the ref we should do it.

There is another train of thought here in that if we lose we may end up 2nd and have to go to Keighley to win promotion.

This isn't as bad as it sounds because then we would have lost twice to them, be facing them away and owing them payback. Exactly the same scenario as last weeks game at North Wales and I'd be quietly confident we'd turn them over!

We're more 'youth and energy' than experience at the moment! We started the season with a great half-back partnership of Danny Jones and Paul Handforth; we now have neither. Fair enough Paul March may play himself there but alongside him will be our young loan signing from the Dulls, Adam Brook. We're also without our prop Jode Sheriffe and our loose forward Ash Lindsay. Our injury list seems to be lengthening every week. As far as 'youth and energy' is concerned we've Andy Gabriel on the wing, Hamish Barnes at centre, Liam Darville coming up from the reserves (he's covered at full back), forward Tyler Dickinson on loan from the Giants and back Josh Guzdek on loan from Hull KR. I also hope it will be a good contest on Sunday but of course I'm hoping the points will be going back to Keighley. Not sure yet whether I can make the trip but if I can. I will.

Is there a bus from ashton? Or is it 409 then walk from hathershaw?

The 409 and a walk seems to be your only option. By the time the sun comes out this afternoon, it should be a very pleasant stroll! Enjoy the game.

The Mike Ford inspired side of 2001 when we went so close to achieving a Super League place has to be the best side of the new Oldham club! The Widnes defeat at Spotland howevee proved to be a game too far after heroic wins against Leigh and Rochdale!! The fear is that if we go up this season we will have to play out of town possibly at Leigh Sports Village and will this be recipie for the good times to return or an immediate return to the bottom tier?? Either way you look at it it has proven to be a blessing in disguise now losing in golden point extra time to Hunslet at Headingley last year as Hunslet are heading backwards! Much more exciting to be there or thereabouts at the top of the league rather than a battle against relegation!!

What a performance from start to finish as we  completely dominated Keighley throughout.

Sammy Gee is an utter legend. Insane intensity and energy in every carry and for me he was the best player on the pitch. Every player played very well but he was exceptional. Joy looked like hitting his best form from a couple of years back and played huge minutes. Crowley had his usual outstanding effort and Langtree looked back to his best after an indifferent year.

The league is there to be won and we are playing exceptionally well. We can do this.

absolutely BARNSTORMING atmosphere in the ground today, and the highest crowd this season to boot. Was great to see everyone get behind the team...and an emphatic win in the sunshine too.......they do say the sun shines on the righteous!

Totally bossed it today, we looked faster and stronger with our forwards on top from the start, hope we haven't peaked to soon , just need to maintain our intensity for a few more weeks, all played well today but a mention for Kenny Hughes who for me is one of our most improved players this year , his distribution was class.

Archived