1-2 Aug: The Kingstone Press League 1 Match Thread

Discuss all this weekend's Kingstone Press League 1 games here.

SATURDAY 1st AUGUST
Barrow Raiders v Hemel Stags KO 6.30pm

SUNDAY 2nd AUGUST
Coventry Bears v York City Knights KO 3pm
London Skolars v Oxford KO 3pm
North Wales Crusaders v Gloucestershire All Golds KO 2pm
Newcastle Thunder v Swinton Lions KO 3pm
Oldham v Keighley Cougars KO 3pm
Rochdale Hornets v South Wales Scorpions KO 3pm

I'll go for 7 home wins.  is that worth a trip to the bookies?

Oldham, with home advantage and in good form plus Keighley have wavered lately. Thunder can just sneak it; I think this could be the one that sees me ripping up my virtual betting slip!!

Just hope Crusaders dont suffer by having so many players missing . we have a lot of players injured, but our discipline has let us down in last few weeks,and have 2 more players banned, but still think squad strong enough to win game. good luck scorpions

Fanblog preview of Hornets v Scorpions - with a bit of other League 1 stuff chucked in

http://theseladscanrunfor80mins.blogspot.co.uk

Hornetto, Weve got the Super 8's, the Middle 8's (qualifiers?) and The Releg8s.  So for League 1 rather than the tagline - the Super 8 the RL forgot - perhaps we could become the Unfortun8s?

Just back from the Barrow/ Hemel game. Someone pointed out that there wasn't one penalty given for a dodgy tackle. He said he can't remember that ever before and I can't say I can either.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Oh dear. I know it sounds churlish to gripe about a nine tries to three win, but the Cru were very disjointed this afternoon, not helped initially by what looked like a quite nasty injury for Jono Smith in the warm up, however I think that they should have got their act together better than that by the end. Only 420 at the Racecourse, and the stayaways didn't miss much. Very big game at Rochdale next week, and they're going to have to play a lot better then that to get what is a vital two points. One bright spot in the afternoon was that there was no-one collecting the car park money at the Plas Coch entrance, so I'm £3 better off than I would be normally :D

Two Belgian players made their debut for the Gloucestershire All Golds today, and one of them (Yvan Leroyer) kicked four goals.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Archived