Who will win?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull Kingston Rovers
    • Warrington Wolves

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hull FC were considerable underdogs when playing Wire in the 2013 SF at Huddersfield so it's not beyond the realms is it?

Probably.

Rervers 14 Wire 32

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

Think this game is a bit of a hindrance now to KR. Hopefully a big crowd will make it financially worthwhile but can't see anything other than a big Wire win and KR being handicapped for the start of the middle 8s

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Think this game is a bit of a hindrance now to KR. Hopefully a big crowd will make it financially worthwhile but can't see anything other than a big Wire win and KR being handicapped for the start of the middle 8s

I agree, in fact I've been pondering what sort of team HKR will put out given that SL survival will be far more important (certainly financially) than getting to Wembley.

Rovers will put their strongest side out, not one player will give a thought to the middle 8s. Wembley is the sole target. With the highest ticket sales of the 4 clubs in the semis....7000+...the fans want one thing only, in

fact this game has spoilt our focus on the league games since making the semis.

Who knows what the result might be but we did master Wigan away after losing by 60 points 2 weeks earlier.

The middle 8s start for us on 8/8 and we can think about that then. Win the semi and they will be a distraction , lose the semi and then we can treat them with respect.

Going back to Headingley for the semi is like the good old days in the 80s, win or lose.

Rovers will put their strongest side out, not one player will give a thought to the middle 8s. Wembley is the sole target. With the highest ticket sales of the 4 clubs in the semis....7000+...the fans want one thing only, in

Who knows what the result might be but we did master Wigan away after losing by 60 points 2 weeks earlier.

The middle 8s start for us on 8/8 and we can think about that then. Win the semi and they will be a distraction , lose the semi and then we can treat them with respect.

Going back to Headingley for the semi is like the good old days in the 80s, win or lose.

Great post!

Show the challenge cup the respect it deserves.

Best of luck to both teams.

Agree 100% lets go for it. Headingly 1980 against Halifax. C'mon the Robins!

everything says warrington by a comfortable score  but  I think its been on the minds of the rovers players for a few weeks  and maybe this is the game they will gel together for .  wouldn't write them off

ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.

does life get any better .

Well said Steve, that's exactly how it should be.

Still hope we stuff you, mind.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Who's fit and who's injured for HKR?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

If the Hull KR that played Wigan in the Challenge Cup show up on Saturday then they could beat Warrington.  I think KR waved the white flag against us last weekend and I wouldn't take that match as an indicator of what they will produce tomorrow.  The comp isn't getting any help from the RFL so needs something to freshen it up.  A new name in the final might do that.

If the Hull KR that played Wigan in the Challenge Cup show up on Saturday then they could beat Warrington.

To be fair, if the team that hammered us at their place turns up then surely they can beat us!

Cup Semi finals throw up shocks, they are two of my favourite games of the year, wish they were both in the afternoon but hey, I'll still enjoy tonight's.

Rervers will be a tough nut to crack but I think Wire may be hitting form just at the right time. Obviously I'd like Wire to win but should they fail to do so I will be rockin' for the Robins at Wemberleeeee. Here's hoping for two cracking semi-finals.

Happy days for both of our clubs.

Enjoy the occasion.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Hull FC were considerable underdogs when playing Wire in the 2013 SF at Huddersfield so it's not beyond the realms is it?

Probably.

Rervers 14 Wire 32

We'd lost five league games on the trot before that game. It goes to show it's all down to who performs on the day.

Rovers have 10 start. I think that's tempting if you're of the red and white persuasion. It's a big handicap in a semi-final.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Really looking forward to this today.  I'm hoping for a Wire win but with our team this year you never know which version is going to turn up!  We've had a little more consistency over the past month or so and this is really our only chance for a final appearance I think.  

So Wire to win in a not too tight but entertaining game would be fantastic!

Very much looking forward to thiS. Today marks the relaunch of Team 13, the volunteer team at the World Cup. So we get our briefing before the game and then hopefully I can cheer on The Wire to another Wembley appearance.

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

I think that KR will go all out and put everything into today's game, there is now way that they will fail to retain their SL status especially with having 4 home games in the 8's, I can see this being a very hard fought game with no quarter given and two very aggressive packs going head to head.

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

The BBC just showed the "Turn out the Lights" sign from the all-Hull final.  :biggrin:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Cockup from KR right from the kickoff. Dropout.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Atkins goes over in Wire's first set!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived