Final home game

SJD

It was a good win too. Rochdale played their part and at 6-16 we were struggling to contain them.

Then for 40 minutes, 20 minutes either side of HT we played some lovely stuff. It's been a long time since we played that well.

It was a great way to sign off our home fixtures.

So, next season there will be a big push and as the games are reverting to Sunday's I will miss most of them, but it is the right thing to do. Gates have suffered and with a winning team we will be back in the 4 figure attendance numbers.

Sempur Sursum.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Our No7 is Liam Campbell who was on from the start, he was taken off close to the end after receiving a knock to the head in a very hard, but fair tackle. 

I think you are actually referring to young Brad Marwood, son of former Barrow and Workington scrum half, who came on after about 25mins as hooker replacing Mossop. You are right he gets us going forward with a real sense of urgency, his distribution left or right is excellent and for me he has been underused this year, I expect more from him in next years campaign.

I really rate Marwood. I too hope he gets more game time.

I thought we might miss Lupton yesterday but thanks to Brad we didn't.

He's our Rob Burrow, fast out of the blocks and that zip catches defences out. It may be that like Burrow he has an impact when the opposition forwards are tiring and it may be right bringing him on from the bench.

It certainly made a big difference to us last night.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

At last we played well at home well done guys ... although for the 1st 20 mins Hornets looked very very useful.

Agree that Brads ball distribution is excellent and he has been underused.

Thought our forwards bossed a bigger Hornets pack after that 1st 20 mins.

Hope we can hang onto Bullock and Bate and Hankinson as well.

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

My 'reliable' source, who has made me look foolish in the past, assures me Bullock is staying, the deal is done, it would be ideal if both Bate and Briscoe could be retained as well we are developing a pretty good pack and with a couple of additions, especially Ollie, we will have a good shout next year.

It was a good win too. Rochdale played their part and at 6-16 we were struggling to contain them.

Then for 40 minutes, 20 minutes either side of HT we played some lovely stuff. It's been a long time since we played that well.

It was a great way to sign off our home fixtures.

So, next season there will be a big push and as the games are reverting to Sunday's I will miss most of them, but it is the right thing to do. Gates have suffered and with a winning team we will be back in the 4 figure attendance numbers.

Sempur Sursum.

is it a done deal about reverting to Sundays, as i have heard nothing about it around the ground.

I don't think the low gates are due to the Saturday night fixtures Ron.

I do believe it is the poor performance from the team over the whole season,also the 15 pounds entrance fee to watch the the bottom tier of the rugby pyramid .

Yesterday was a good example of how they can play and it was well worth the entrance fee , but still one Rochdale try there was at least 6 players struggling to get back on side this time of the year they should be flying .

Would love to see Brett Carter there next year as well as young Perry singletons at barrow island and Wilkinson from ulverston

Archived