13 Sept: Super 8s - Huddersfield Giants v Warrington Wolves KO 3pm

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad I went for a walk around the park instead of wasting a sunny afternoon now.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Warrington have lost their way big time. Not really sure that Tony Smith is the guy to turn this around. Why Agar was brought into the backroom staff when Michael Monaghan was ready and waiting I'll never know? He is like a curse on everything he touches.

The game is there for everyone to watch. You're making yourself look very silly.

So why after warning Hill and Sims, stopping the game to do so did he not take any action on the very next tackle when he penalised them again for what he has just warned them for?

Warrington have lost their way big time. Not really sure that Tony Smith is the guy to turn this around. Why Agar was brought into the backroom staff when Michael Monaghan was ready and waiting I'll never know? He is like a curse on everything he touches.

Agree about Monaghan, although Agar was brought in halfway through last season but still think they would've been better off waiting for Monaghan. He certainly could have taught Clark a few things.

I disagree about Smith though, i think he will turn it around, he's an astute coach

Anyway

If that's the form were taking into the semis I've got a good feeling

Huddersfield have slid under the radar but are showing fantastic consistency and Brough is back to his best. They have a lot of players who have played together for a long time - perhaps they feel this is their time. Maybe the best chance they've had in years. Two knock-out games to the big prize.

Huddersfield have slid under the radar but are showing fantastic consistency and Brough is back to his best. They have a lot of players who have played together for a long time - perhaps they feel this is their time. Maybe the best chance they've had in years. Two knock-out games to the big prize.

True enough, and importantly our senior players are finding their best form - especially the likes of cudjoe who was out of form much of the season but now is looking like he did when he got the England call

Im happy to give Smith some time, and Im not sure why Monaghan is deemed ready, what has he done in coaching?

Smith does need to take some accountability for the decisions to refresh the backroom staff though, and offloading Poching and Marshall hardly looks like a masterstroke, for Agar.

Smith has always had a weakness in team selections imho, but he has had some bad luck with injuries, meaning our spine has changed week on week.

He could do worse than move Ratchford on like he has with Myler, and Currie maybe needs bringing back in line. We need to stop messing about moving Clarke to 6 too. Smith seems happy to make 5 changes instead of 1 at times.

All that said, a touch.more luck with the likes of Russell, Monaghan and Grix and we win a few more.

Another year for me, like Leeds after their 6th place a few years back. Heads down and get back to it.

Im glad I decided to spend the afternoon pulling up flags in the back garden rather than face another 80 minutes of Wire capitulating to every half ar5ed attack thrown at them.

Well done Giants, I sincerely hope you get to the GF and win it.

Roll on next year.

First well played Huddersfield, you deconstructed us very well indeed.

Another embarrassingly poor Wolves performance, shows how far our 2015 squad are off the Top 4 pace. Why when Joel was injured did we shuffle half our back line, and break up our trial HB partnership of Sandow / Ratchford? Moving 2014 Man of Steel Clark from hooker to stand off - what's that all about, has he EVER played that position before? Why did Wheeler get taken off shortly after, and not re-appear?

Ratchford has struggled defensively at FB (and did again), young Jack Johnston was doing fine. Surely far easier to have made single change and moved Currie to right flank with Wheeler, with straight substitution Wilde at second row.

Or am I missing something??

Im happy to give Smith some time, and Im not sure why Monaghan is deemed ready, what has he done in coaching?

Smith does need to take some accountability for the decisions to refresh the backroom staff though, and offloading Poching and Marshall hardly looks like a masterstroke, for Agar.

Smith has always had a weakness in team selections imho, but he has had some bad luck with injuries, meaning our spine has changed week on week.

He could do worse than move Ratchford on like he has with Myler, and Currie maybe needs bringing back in line. We need to stop messing about moving Clarke to 6 too. Smith seems happy to make 5 changes instead of 1 at times.

All that said, a touch.more luck with the likes of Russell, Monaghan and Grix and we win a few more.

Another year for me, like Leeds after their 6th place a few years back. Heads down and get back to it.

Monaghan has looked a coach in waiting for some time. He is part of the Warrington fabric and has done it all in the NRL. Agar should have been nowhere near the set-up. I agree Smith is a great coach but he needs to make some tough calls. Clark to 6 was ridiculous, the musical chairs in selection needs to be addressed. Like you mentioned with Ratchford, if he can't cement a single position then maybe he needs to be shifted on for someone who can. He has also bought Mr Versatile Kurt Gidley which isn't a good sign for the end to selection shuffling. 

Sandow ? was that him that spent about 70 mins trying to hide on the wing in a Wire shirt ? did he actually touch the ball ?

Giants were decent, there's more to come from them yet.....Wire are absolute garbage and only Lee Briers looked interested today !

Archived