Union world cup

rockerlad

I switched onto ITV at half time in the Saints v Wigan to see how England was doing and the presenter was saying because of the stop start stuff the first half lasted 51 mins - WTF!

Also not sure how true this next stat is as it is off Facebook but it was that James Roby made 62 tackles while the whole England team only made 90+ tackles. If true these stats show the difference between the two games. You are not comparing eggs with eggs, they just happen to both be called rugby.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And exposure , and a very favourable media . In terms of the product on the pitch I think league fans have a superiority complex , not the opposite... One question I do have to the people who know these things , if this is RWC England 2015 how come Wales get to play in Cardiff ?

all about geography and poitics mate, clearly nothing to do with quality otherwise Twickenham would be half full at best

Depends how you define quality. There's obviously a bigger audience and a bigger demand for union. The attendances and prices show that so while it isn't you cup of tea maybe you're in the minority.

Depends how you define quality. There's obviously a bigger audience and a bigger demand for union. The attendances and prices show that so while it isn't you cup of tea maybe you're in the minority.

Certainly at international leve. Always happy to be in a minority as long as I know I am right!

Reading today that they expect to take in £1 billion for the tournament!!!     

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

each to his own i suppose . the reason i don t watch it is i am baffled by the rules , the game chokes itself by having too many , scrums take forever and whoever puts it in generally heels it anyway ,3 points for a pen is too many , there are too many stoppages , and you are more dependant on the ref than in any modern day game , he almost decides who wins tight games because of the three point pen .....still what do i know , i would rather watch a town match than any game of rugby union or football for that matter .

I agree , penalties too directly influential on score line and as for football I was dragged to a Arsenal match last season, most tedious 90 minutes I have spent for a long time give me Union over it any day!

I agree , penalties too directly influential on score line and as for football I was dragged to a Arsenal match last season, most tedious 90 minutes I have spent for a long time give me Union over it any day!

It's all about opinions. I love football, rugby league and not far behind union. And I'll be cheering England on in this World Cup. If England were in the final of tiddlywinks I'd cheer them on in that too!

I'm not a fan of union if I'm honest but I've really enjoyed some of these opening games up to now. The Japan SA game was a great game I was glued to it from start to finish. Never watch club rugby union but I tend to watch international Union not as much as I should I will admit lol but I definitely will be watching most of this World Cup as I've enjoyed it so far.

Tonga getting beat by Georgia as well

Watched some of the Georgia v Argentina game this afternoon.(Just back from Norway so lying on the sofa).One comment from the team was Georgia had the ball for NINE MINUTES v Tonga !!!!! That cant be true can it.....out of 80 minutes a team can win by having the ball for only nine minutes...says a lot for the game.

Will be tuning in tomorrow to see how Slammin Sam goes and as much as I despise the England RU I hope he has a stormer and single handedly destroys the Welsh after a lot of very poor comments from the Taffs on facebook.

Archived