O/T help please

meast

don't usually browse on my mobile but i logged in last night, however, when i clicked on a post it sent me to the last page of the thread rather than the first.

is there any way apart from to keep clicking 'previous' that i can start the thread at page 1?

it's a bit annoying when there is 13 pages to get through

thanks

It only usually does that if you've already read the first few pages as, if you're logged on, it'll remember what you've looked at.

Somebody on here will probably be able to help but if that fails you can always look at the "full version" of the forum rather than the mobile one. That may give you more control and can be accessed by scrolling down the mobile version until you see the tab at the bottom of the page.

Temporary fix I know but it's a start.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Were you logged in? When I'm not logged in it does that to me but when I am it starts from the beginning or last post read. No idea why!

But I agree, it's frustrating!

Unless I'm misunderstanding summat here, surely it's obvious why it does that?

If you're logged in it's showing you the last page you looked at and last post read/first post not read. It assumes you don't want to read what you've already read.

If you're not logged in it doesn't know what you've already read so takes you to the start of the thread.

Again, sorry if I've misunderstood summat here.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

no i wasn't logged in at first but it still took me to the last page of a 14 page thread so i had to hit previous 13 times to get to the start and then read back to the end, so to speak

i then logged in and it did exactly the same, so in the end i had to switch to full version, but it slowed my browser down and so i gave up 20 minutes later!

don't usually browse on my mobile but i logged in last night, however, when i clicked on a post it sent me to the last page of the thread rather than the first.

is there any way apart from to keep clicking 'previous' that i can start the thread at page 1?

it's a bit annoying when there is 13 pages to get through

thanks

I'm afraid that's just the way it works. I suppose the developers (not us) assumed that people would prefer to go to the last page of a thread to see the latest posts, than have to start at the beginning of a thread every time they click on it which would probably work out far more annoying in the long run.

I'm afraid that's just the way it works. I suppose the developers (not us) assumed that people would prefer to go to the last page of a thread to see the latest posts, than have to start at the beginning of a thread every time they click on it which would probably work out far more annoying in the long run.

Oh yeah I'm all for that but its just a pain when you want to read a thread with a few pages from the start, at leasy I know now to not bother with it on mobile.

Thanks for replies everyone.

Unless I'm misunderstanding summat here, surely it's obvious why it does that?

If you're logged in it's showing you the last page you looked at and last post read/first post not read. It assumes you don't want to read what you've already read.

If you're not logged in it doesn't know what you've already read so takes you to the start of the thread.

Again, sorry if I've misunderstood summat here.

No, if you're not logged in it takes you to the end of the thread - not the start.

I find if I'm not logged it it will take me to the start......if I am logged in it will take me to the end (if I've been reading that thread already) but you can go back to the start if I want to by going to the top right box and clicking "mark all as read"

Archived