2016 squad

rossco123

I think Rob will stay. He a local lad and has his business in town.

Jono will get good offers as will Dalimore - I'm sure that Oldham will be chasing quite a few of our better players.

Whoever goes I'll respect their decision - all our players gave it up for the fans this year so I'd have no complaints against any of the team wanting to move to improve their rugby or their lifestyle.

I think it's a bit of wait-and-see....... I think the core will stay on, some will inevitably move on or retire altogether - same happens every season with every club to some degree. Some we know of already, Frenchie is going back to Wire full-time, and Callum Wright and Dalli I understand have signed on again. I also understand there are a lot of offers been made to other players.

I just hope we can put another competitive squad up for next season, and we as fans are kept updated as to who's staying, going and coming in :)

cru....Cru.....CRUSADERS!!!!!!

I'm told it is Stuart Reardons testimonial season so he must be staying.

not being funny, but I think this season has been a season too far for him.....he's been getting injured more the last couple of seasons, and he's forgotten how to pass a ball.......

not being funny, but I think this season has been a season too far for him.....he's been getting injured more the last couple of seasons, and he's forgotten how to pass a ball.......

Have to agree with the above, (tho' he has never been one for passing!). I don't think we actually missed Stu whilst he was out injured at the end of the season and I don't think he brought anything to the Keithley game tbh.

As for a testimonial year, how does it work because others have been at the NWC since the beginning, like Hoody, TJ, Jonny W, Mously, Rob Massam and Jono even Andy Oakden who had come through the youth team, they were all there at the very first game at Leigh East. Whereas Stu Reardon wasn't.

Have to agree with the above, (tho' he has never been one for passing!). I don't think we actually missed Stu whilst he was out injured at the end of the season and I don't think he brought anything to the Keithley game tbh.

As for a testimonial year, how does it work because others have been at the NWC since the beginning, like Hoody, TJ, Jonny W, Mously, Rob Massam and Jono even Andy Oakden who had come through the youth team, they were all there at the very first game at Leigh East. Whereas Stu Reardon wasn't.

the testimonial is more for recognition of a full career, rather than just service to a single club...has to be granted by the RFL if I remember correctly.

It will be interesting to see who signs up for 2016. Quite a few of the players are being quite vocal on social media about not getting their pay for the past few weeks (especially Dalli and Moulsdale).

Stuff like this doesn’t reflect well or create a good impression for any potential new signings. As other posters said, the likes of Jono and Dalli will be highly coveted after coming off really good seasons.

It will be interesting to see who signs up for 2016. Quite a few of the players are being quite vocal on social media about not getting their pay for the past few weeks (especially Dalli and Moulsdale).

Stuff like this doesn’t reflect well or create a good impression for any potential new signings. As other posters said, the likes of Jono and Dalli will be highly coveted after coming off really good seasons.

The pay issues not new unfortunately.. its a recurring theme with our lads and this isn't the first season its happened either. It seems that there is always a cash flow problem particularly towards the end of the season. I'm not sure if this just happens at Crusaders or is a common occurrence in League 1.  IF it is a Crusaders problem then I wouldn't blame players looking elsewhere.

After all they put their bodies on the line for a pittance as it is risking injury and health problems later in life. The least they can ask is that they get paid on time.

The pay issues not new unfortunately.. its a recurring theme with our lads and this isn't the first season its happened either. It seems that there is always a cash flow problem particularly towards the end of the season. I'm not sure if this just happens at Crusaders or is a common occurrence in League 1.  IF it is a Crusaders problem then I wouldn't blame players looking elsewhere.

After all they put their bodies on the line for a pittance as it is risking injury and health problems later in life. The least they can ask is that they get paid on time.

I sincerely hope they are just cash-flow issues and not symptomatic of a deeper problem...last thing we need is a financial crisis :(  Although I did hear on one or two of the other club's boards that they weren't too bothered about getting into the playoffs if it meant away ties as they would have struggled to afford it - extra costs for no extra revenue...

Dali and Duffy have re-signed. I have it on good authority that Johnny Walker is staying at Crusaders.

The pay issue has been resolved and was an unfortunate error. There seems to be a lot of people predicting doom and gloom for the club but senior people in the club are very up-beat. Hopefully the club will release statements to overide the rumours based on peoples worst fears.

He might get paid at Hornets.

He got paid at Crusaders - your just making mischief, methinks! We'll have to pay two Hornets players coming to us though - and you'll have to find somewhere warm for Jono to sit for his 8-week RFL enforced ban.

He got paid at Crusaders - your just making mischief, methinks! We'll have to pay two Hornets players coming to us though - and you'll have to find somewhere warm for Jono to sit for his 8-week RFL enforced ban.

Oh right, it must have been another club who's players were threatening to go on strike over late payments then. Sorry about that.

Had plenty of time to think about mischief seeing how there has been nowt going on at their place since they finished outside the play-offs ;)

Oh right, it must have been another club who's players were threatening to go on strike over late payments then. Sorry about that.

So are you saying players didn't get paid?  Because they did - it may have been late, but they did get paid.

Archived