World Club Series

davet

Not sure if this has been covered elsewhere but............

Has the third and final place in the 2016 WCS been given to KR for appearing in the CC final or will the RFL give that place to either Giants (for finishing 3rd) or Saints (because they are saints) in order to keep matches competitive and interest high??

Apologies if this has been discussed previously.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it would be good if it were either the Giants or HKR, as it would be a fantastic reward.

It would, say, be a great opportunity for the Giants to put on a big event, and be a great reward for having been so consistent this year (as per the last few seasons...). I wonder which Aussie clubs will put their hand up - 2 of this year's again would be great.

I think it would be good if it were either the Giants or HKR, as it would be a fantastic reward.

It would, say, be a great opportunity for the Giants to put on a big event, and be a great reward for having been so consistent this year (as per the last few seasons...). I wonder which Aussie clubs will put their hand up - 2 of this year's again would be great.

I heard that a lot more NRL clubs were interested, after observing last year's matches, and the top 3/4 of 2015 were all among them. So, we could see the Cowboys, Broncos and maybe Roosters in 2016's WCS.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

So, we could see Leeds play the Cowboys, Wigan play the Broncos (and this time Gelling will successfully charge down the kick) and the Giants play the Roosters (good luck with that, Baloo). How good would that be. Though only if it makes MONEY (Padge, passim).

I think the NRL clubs were confirmed prior to the Grand Final as being Cowboys, Bronco's and Roosters.. and all three being keen. Three great teams for the English crowds to go see.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

I think the NRL clubs were confirmed prior to the Grand Final as being Cowboys, Bronco's and Roosters.. and all three being keen. Three great teams for the English crowds to go see.

Steve Mascord stated it in one of his columns a couple of weeks back. Apparently, of the teams who made the play offs, only the Bulldogs weren't interested in coming over, so it was the 2 Grand finalists and the next highest placed in the league.

Steve Mascord stated it in one of his columns a couple of weeks back. Apparently, of the teams who made the play offs, only the Bulldogs weren't interested in coming over, so it was the 2 Grand finalists and the next highest placed in the league.

Well, as the third team, the Roosters should put on a good show. Plus Wayne Bennett is always committed to growing the game and looking beyond Australia's shores.

And the champions from THAT Grand Final. Just hoping Thurston's not injured.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Someone brought up the idea of a double header at Elland Road for the Giants and Rhinos game earlier. That wouldn't be the worst idea in the world. The two seperately wouldn't attract 38,000 but I reckon on the same night it'd get close.

rsz_1rsz_1rsz_2bulldogsbanner.png

Someone brought up the idea of a double header at Elland Road for the Giants and Rhinos game earlier. That wouldn't be the worst idea in the world. The two seperately wouldn't attract 38,000 but I reckon on the same night it'd get close.

Can we please stop having double headers they just cheapen our product

and how about a warm up game between 2 of them in London...

I think that would be an excellent idea.  The two teams not involved in the WCC itself would probably be the best with maybe the Dragons hopping over for a warm up against the WCC hopefuls, perhaps in a DOUBLE HEADER? :D

(That would all be way too much for the RFL to cope with)

I've also read that Catalan and NZ Warriors may be included as reps from France and NZ

Now that seriously devalues the competition.

The whole point is its the BEST from SL against the BEST from the NRL, not the mediocre from SL against the mediocre from the NRL.

Including teams just because of where they are from makes the competition look like some sort of cheap gimmic

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Now that seriously devalues the competition.

The whole point is its the BEST from SL against the BEST from the NRL, not the mediocre from SL against the mediocre from the NRL.

Including teams just because of where they are from makes the competition look like some sort of cheap gimmic

They are the highest ranked club sides from their respective countries do don't think it devalues.

How about Brisbane & St George last year? They were hardly the 2nd & 3rd best from the NRL

The idea of 2 of the NRL teams playing a normal home-and-away game probably wouldn't fly. The Broncos and Cows have never sacrificed a home game and I can't think they'd start now. Roosters already have money so they don't need gimmicks.

They are the highest ranked club sides from their respective countries do don't think it devalues.

How about Brisbane & St George last year? They were hardly the 2nd & 3rd best from the NRL

The fact the aussies didn't send over their 3 best teams shows how little they thought of the competition. At least we gave it a modecum of value by only rewarding our 3 best teams with matches. Including Catalans just makes the concept a joke. They may as well just have the WCC match and then let all the other teams organise their own 'exhibition games'.

You either have a competition where teams have earned the right to participate or you just have a exhibition tournament of friendlies.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

The fact the aussies didn't send over their 3 best teams shows how little they thought of the competition. At least we gave it a modecum of value by only rewarding our 3 best teams with matches. Including Catalans just makes the concept a joke. They may as well just have the WCC match and then let all the other teams organise their own 'exhibition games'.

You either have a competition where teams have earned the right to participate or you just have a exhibition tournament of friendlies.

Warrington filled in after Huddersfield declined the invite so not all rosey over here

I reckon if Leeds win the GF and play JT's Cowboys they could defo sell out Elland Road.......it'd be a poor show if they couldn't it's only about 37k capacity now.

They would have loads of time to promote it and it's not very often you get to see Jonathan Thurston play..........Plus a bigger stadium makes it more of an 'event' and attracts people.

Even i'd go and i only ever bother going to fev home games.............although i'd think twice about squeezing into Headingley to watch it.

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

Archived