SkyBet close market on 'Burgess to Leeds' bets (merged threads)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has he been left out so he can negotiate with Leeds. I remember McNamara saying that Sam takes big decisions very quickly .....

Exiled, do you really think the imprisonment in the UAE was really a directive from the IRB, or just the lack of the right bakshish being paid to the right people?

If you can point me in the direction of other people being put in prison for the wrong name of sport, I'd be happy to weigh those up...

Are Leeds talking to Luke Burgess as a carrot to get Sam? He does like playing with his brothers?

I still think Sam would end up back in the NRL regardless of where Luke is. George and Tom are still in Oz with his mum and his girlfriend is an Aussie. I think the only chance we have of seeing Sam back in SL is a catch up season or when he is coming to the end of his career.

I still think Sam would end up back in the NRL regardless of where Luke is. George and Tom are still in Oz with his mum and his girlfriend is an Aussie. I think the only chance we have of seeing Sam back in SL is a catch up season or when he is coming to the end of his career.

Exactly, he wouldn't come to Leeds when Luke was there before. He'll be back at the bunnies IF he decides to quit the other code.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

Nobody is really asking if he will reach the standards he once attained

I'm guessing in he did come back to the running code it would be on close to a million Australian dollars a year and maybe more

He will now be a priority target for young guns and being in the wilderness at 27 could present a huge problem for him

I suspect he'll keep going until he proves himself a success and maybe come back to RL like SBW did after he'd established himself as a great player but not until then.

SBW was great in Super 15 and a squad player in the AB's.....he is much better player this time round after his spell at the roosters......

SBW was great in Super 15 and a squad player in the AB's.....he is much better player this time round after his spell at the roosters......

Ah, your first and only love.

Shame about the grand final selling out and all. Hard to put a doom n gloom spin on that. You could do a delboy crowdwatch on the Grand Final - how much fun would that be?

Has he been left out so he can negotiate with Leeds. I remember McNamara saying that Sam takes big decisions very quickly .....

Exiled, do you really think the imprisonment in the UAE was really a directive from the IRB, or just the lack of the right bakshish being paid to the right people?

Aaaaaand locked.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Archived