2016 Shirts

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clubs need money to pay bills. It's pretty simple, really.

Sponsors change, too.

...and some parents are rubbish at thinking of Christmas presents for their kids. :D 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

...and some parents are rubbish at thinking of Christmas presents for their kids. :D

That's provided the club actually realises that having replica shirts on sale in time for Christmas is actually a good idea. As is having season tickets ready for Christmas but that's another thread.  ;)

rldfsignature.jpg

Maybe someone brighter than me could upload the image.

Doubt I fall into that category but here goes.....

11176548-large.jpg

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

This is a nod to Hull's past. It's a pity Widnes can't do the same and revert back to black and white hoops.  ;)

Indeed it is. The first trophy I saw Hull win was the 1969 Yorkshire Cup when the team played in white shirts with a black vee.

I think the 2016 version is a nice shirt but we could have made a better effort with the sponsors' logos. They obscure too much of the vee.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

The first trophy I saw Hull win was the 1969 Yorkshire Cup when the team played in white shirts with a black vee.

I think that was the first game I ever went to...was I sat on your shoulders?

We beat Rovers* 12-9 and I've got a programme from the game,

(* Of the Featherstone variety.)

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

I think that was the first game I ever went to...was I sat on your shoulders?

We beat Rovers* 12-9 and I've got a programme from the game,

(* Of the Featherstone variety.)

Probably a good job you weren't. I'd have dropped you when Clive Sullivan put his foot on the dead ball line as he curved round towards the posts attempting to improve the angle.

Fortunately for him and for us, the team held out.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Widnes and Hull shirts seem interchangeable last few years, neither seem to have their own identity. Usually you can tell who's club a shirt is quite easy.

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

You must be brighter than me. Not only have you posted the picture you've turned Gareth Ellis into Mark Minichello!

OF is the brightest bulb in the box. Well, he is an electrician!

I watched the clip of the Hull FC versus Australia from 1982 earlier today (thanks for posting it, OF!) and I can't help but think that that was the definitive Hull FC kit: black and white irregular hoops, white shorts, white socks. It just looked right!

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

OF is the brightest bulb in the box. Well, he is an electrician!

I watched the clip of the Hull FC versus Australia from 1982 earlier today (thanks for posting it, OF!) and I can't help but think that that was the definitive Hull FC kit: black and white irregular hoops, white shorts, white socks. It just looked right!

I'd agree, Tony. I'd always prefer us to play in the traditional black and white irregular hoops, as we did this year, but I can understand the club wanting to mix things up a bit. 

I'd agree, Tony. I'd always prefer us to play in the traditional black and white irregular hoops, as we did this year, but I can understand the club wanting to mix things up a bit. 

I agree about mixing it up a bit, but couldn't we organise a season where every team played in a "heritage" kit. The Aussies manage it for one week in their season, couldn't we do a "heritage season"?

I really liked the Salford kit with the white V from a few years back, but I would love to see us in a simple, plain red with white collar, white shorts and red socks. Surely the sales would be just as good?

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

I agree about mixing it up a bit, but couldn't we organise a season where every team played in a "heritage" kit. The Aussies manage it for one week in their season, couldn't we do a "heritage season"?

I really liked the Salford kit with the white V from a few years back, but I would love to see us in a simple, plain red with white collar, white shorts and red socks. Surely the sales would be just as good?

It would get my vote, especially if those kits were sponsor free (even if it were just for one round of the season).

Archived