HELP! Come on then which NRL show would you recommend - RESULT

Which ONE NRL Programme would you choose  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which ONE NRL Programme of these three would you choose?

• Matty Johns Big Weekend
    • Monday Night with Matty Johns
    • Sterlo: On the Couch

We can see every NRL game as they are all shown here in the UK. Our service is provided by premier Sports TV (pay) via sattelite and cable.

The appear to be wanting to extend their service to include another NRL programme.
They are aking us:

Question for NRL viewers...Lots have been asking for Fox NRL shows for a while to compliment our coverage of every game. Here is your chance to decide. If you had to choose what Fox show we bring in what would it be?
1. Matty Johns Big Weekend (Thursday preview show),
2. Monday Night with Matty Johns
3. Sterlo: On The Couch (weekly sit down with guests show)? Let us know your preferences.

Well then of those,if you could only see one, which one would you choose... and if possible why that one?

100% Matty Johns very entertaining and has a good RL brain.

I've had my say on there.

Premier Sports have said they would like to have NRL programmes on each day.

As well as every NRL game of every round plus the finals series they also have The Footy Show which they are keeping.

This will be over and above that.

They are also talking about looking into getting The Rookie (???) which seems to be a new show???

Looks like everyone on that page likes the Footy Show. I never watch that. Matty Johns is similar in style but Sterlo is one of the best commentators and readers of the game. If you want good RL analysis, then Sterlo.

Looks like everyone on that page likes the Footy Show. I never watch that. Matty Johns is similar in style but Sterlo is one of the best commentators and readers of the game. If you want good RL analysis, then Sterlo.

Have to disagree there FD, Matty Johns IMO is nothing like the Fattys Footy show which makes me cringe to be perfectly honest.

For me the difference is I watch Sterlo and I'm informed where as when I watch Matty I'm informed & entertained.

The other big positive with Matty Is non RL people watch his shows because they get a laugh out of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Can I be greedy and ask for all three (four with the Rookie programme). :D

Premier repeat a lot of the matches during the week. I would rather these be shelved for some "fresh" content.

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

Premier Sports have said that following consultation with me ...... oh go on then just joking ..... following wide ranging consultation they have approached the rights holders wanting two of the programmes - Sterlo and one of the Matty Johns. They have said they will wait now to see if their offer is accepted.

Both Sterlo and Matty Johns are good,but then so is NRL 360 with Ben Ikin and Paul Kent,Tuesday through to Thursday. Sterlo`s is the better one if you only want straight NRL stuff,but if you want a laugh as well,Monday night Matty Johns is the one,especially if the Cowboys have just cleaned up the Eels! I haven`t watched the Footy Show for a long time,Beau Knows just has me in utmost boredom,so might as well go to bed.

• 1 month later...
Good news for Rugby League fans. We asked you what new shows you wanted in 2016 and have responded to our loyal customers requests! This means we now have 7 days a week Rugby League coverage with all 206 games live in HD, Monday Night with Matty Johns, Sterlo on the Couch, The Footy Show, Rugby League Back Chat and NRL Full Time. It just keeps getting better!

So something Rugby League on Premier Sports TV daily in the UK when the season starts.

They were as good as their word in the consultation asking for and getting the two most popular choices in their survey:

Sterlo on the Couch and Monday Night with Matty Johns.

You've done well there both good RL shows in there own regard even though I only watch Matty Johns. I'm

surprised they are airing "The footy show" over there as it's been terrible for the past 15 odd years!

By the way I received my Featherstone jersey on Wednesday and it's a cracker I'd say up there with best I've owned in the last 30 years of collecting RL jerseys.

You've done well there both good RL shows in there own regard even though I only watch Matty Johns. I'm

surprised they are airing "The footy show" over there as it's been terrible for the past 15 odd years!

By the way I received my Featherstone jersey on Wednesday and it's a cracker I'd say up there with best I've owned in the last 30 years of collecting RL jerseys.

:good:

Glad you like the Featherstone jersey.

My favourites are always the traditional 'butcher's stripe' ones. They only come round about once every five years or so for commercial reasons.

The last similar one was for the 2011 home jersey.

You've timed your purchase well.

When I was connected with the club I remember sending a set of Rovers children size jerseys to Oz - somewhere Sydneyish - for a youngsters' team there

Fev hav a glorious history with lots of silverware at the highest level of the British game, including being full league champions before Super league came in -Division One Champions: 1976/77.

It's a shirt you can wear with pride... as I'm sure you do with your other(s)

Cheers mate:

Cheers%20Fev%20Man%20BG%20best_zpspz7qg1

Graham

• 2 months later...

Even after two weeks I wouldn't miss the Matty Johns show,informative and the not the NRL news spot is hilarious. Can't wait for the next show as the Eels beat the Doggies. On the other hand The Footy Show bores me.

As for the games prefer Channel Nine's coverage.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Even after two weeks I wouldn't miss the Matty Johns show,informative and the not the NRL news spot is hilarious. Can't wait for the next show as the Eels beat the Doggies. On the other hand The Footy Show bores me.

As for the games prefer Channel Nine's coverage.

The Footy Show is terrible apart from the occasional excellent player or in depth news feature. Any show that has to use so much canned laughter is kidding itself. I record it and can often skip through the show at x30 speed and feel like I haven't missed anything. Channel 9 pay hundreds of millions of dollars to part own the TV rights but come out with this rubbish. The show has not changed in the last 20 years!

A few years ago I would have agreed that Channel 9's commentary was great. Rabs Warren has voiced some of the greatest sporting moments of my life. The last few years though Ray is starting to confuse players, enter into Eddy and Stevo esque inane waffle with Gus Gould and re-use phrases and lines from previous commentaries. I've heard Warren speak recently and sense he knows it's nearly time to pull the plug.

Andrew Voss on Fox is head and shoulders the best League caller at the moment IMO. Quick one-liners, excellent knowledge of the laws and a good understanding of what's actually happening on the field.

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Vossy is the best.

I used to like Ray Warren but agree he's getting past his sell by date.

Parts of Footy Shiw are cringeworthy.

The Premier Sports NRL package is now even better than ever.

Every game every round plus virtually everything else you could want. There's almost too much! Did I really say that?

I haven't watched Channel 9 since this season started, now that we have a choice. Channel 9 lost me the day they chose Hadley over Voss.

I'm exactly the same & for the same reason.

I haven't watched Channel 9 since this season started, now that we have a choice. Channel 9 lost me the day they chose Hadley over Voss.

Has Hadley been dropped by Ch9 FD? Haven't heard his awful commentaries for ages.

I always thought he (arrogantly) never changed his style from radio coverage to the TV medium and it just didn't work.

The fella who covered Cowboys/Roosters on Thursday (Matt?) is a big step up from Hadley.

I don't know if Hadley's still there. I think Matt Thompson is the guy they use for Qld games. I think he used to do the Q Cup for Qld's Channel 9 audiences when it was only shown up there. Warren notoriously hates flying so Hadley will probably get some Brisbane games. (if he's not too busy threatening to beat up his staff)

The general belief seems to be that this is Warren's last year. Hadley is like Trump: you love him or hate him with nothing in between. I don't think they would risk replacing Rabbits with Hadley.

I haven't listened to radio coverage for years so I don't know if there are any options there.

I don't know if Hadley's still there. I think Matt Thompson is the guy they use for Qld games. I think he used to do the Q Cup for Qld's Channel 9 audiences when it was only shown up there. Warren notoriously hates flying so Hadley will probably get some Brisbane games. (if he's not too busy threatening to beat up his staff)

The general belief seems to be that this is Warren's last year. Hadley is like Trump: you love him or hate him with nothing in between. I don't think they would risk replacing Rabbits with Hadley.

I haven't listened to radio coverage for years so I don't know if there are any options there.

Thanks FD. Dan Ginnane on Triple M does good radio commentary although as I hinted at with Hadley I think radio and TV work can be very different.

I seem to recall hearing or reading somewhere last year that Ginnane was Rabs' preferred successor. The best man for the role would be Vossy although I guess that bridge has been burnt.

Archived