Back rowers

marketram

As it stands he [Kyle Trout] has three back rowers in front of him, especially in the eyes of the fans. Hale, Spicer and Farrell.

Sure a coach will see it different and base his picks on the pre season games and what he sees in training. A players past, regardless of good or bad doesn't really matter when he's representing a new team.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As it stands he has three back rowers in front of him, especially in the eyes of the fans. Hale, Spicer and Farrell.

Not to mention the Adamson brothers.

I wonder sometimes if our coach is acquiring players simply because they become available, especially if they have previously played for Bradford or Wakefield. Unfortunately some of those players have not quite lived up to expectations and moved on, or out of the game.

I do hope the signing of Trout will realise the potential seen by GM.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

I wonder sometimes if our coach is acquiring players simply because they become available, especially if they have previously played for Bradford or Wakefield. Unfortunately some of those players have not quite lived up to expectations and moved on, or out of the game.

Just need zippy & George in the pack

And bungle will be over the rainbow trout ;)

It's late I know :)

Don't think either Luke Adamson or Hales were particularly outstanding last season - Hales in particular doesn't seem to have kicked on in his development. Neither would be my first choices to start the season , based on performances at the back end of 2015.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Don't think either Luke Adamson or Hales were particularly outstanding last season - Hales in particular doesn't seem to have kicked on in his development. Neither would be my first choices to start the season , based on performances at the back end of 2015.

Scott hale is quality don't know who youve been watching maybe it's the cricketer hales

Totally disagree GOR, Luke Adamson was one of our most effective and consistent players last season. His workrate was phenomenal and even chipped in with some points. His defence was also up there with the best, second only to Spicer and certainly equal to Hale. His form did drop off in the last few games, but then again so did most of the team.

You are of course entitled to your opinion....

If I'm also entitled to my opinion..............Then I FULLY agree with you GOR

Care to expand and explain to all the rest of us why / how Hale and Adamson weren't particularly outstanding? I am sure GOR is pleased that you support his views though, what with you being so experienced in such matters ;)

Steve Nash signed for Swinton. I'd say that's about his level - low level champ.

FULLY agree MR, Nash was not particularly outstanding for us on the pitch, nice lad off it though. His injury definitely hampered his career with us but I wish him all the best at Swinton.

Care to expand and explain to all the rest of us why / how Hale and Adamson weren't particularly outstanding? I am sure GOR is pleased that you support his views though, what with you being so experienced in such matters ;)

As you say, everybody is entitled to their opinion - not sure what your last dig is about though - I don't to my knowledge know Theirein73. As it happens, I rated Adamson when he first came, but he appeared to lose interest to me, and TBH I've never rated Hales since he came, but maybe that's just me. Obviously you, and more importantly the coach, prefer workrate to ability, and that's your prerogative..

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

'In my opinion'  Hales was generally excellent when playing in the forwards ... yes work-rate was high, but so was his tackling and general positional play ...  regularly cropping up to take advantage of half breaks near the opposition line which yielded a few tries too!!  I didn't agree with him playing at centre where his positional play was poor and he didn't really play his winger in at all ..... 

As I said in my opinion .....  

NO, not really.............I care to have my opinion and not feel obliged in any way to explain my thoughts or feelings. Stop baiting when I choose to post - It's boring (as I'm sure are my opinions to you)and banal.

GOR -- No, I don't think we do know each other but I don't believe that stops us sharing the same opinion now and again.....even if it does contradict that of the Shark Superior.....

NO, not really.............I care to have my opinion and not feel obliged in any way to explain my thoughts or feelings. Stop baiting when I choose to post - It's boring (as I'm sure are my opinions to you)and banal.

GOR -- No, I don't think we do know each other but I don't believe that stops us sharing the same opinion now and again.....even if it does contradict that of the Shark Superior.....

Not sure what to say about back rowers to be honest. Reckon we missed Toby Adamson when injured but agree that Luke did go off the boil. What I do know is that when Rob Spicer isn't playing we might as well give up on defence. He tackles way above his weight and apart from Hale who isn't bad on defence is streets above the rest.

Is Joel a back rower? Does GM know where he plays best I wonder? Not sure I do

As you say, everybody is entitled to their opinion - not sure what your last dig is about though - I don't to my knowledge know Theirein73. As it happens, I rated Adamson when he first came, but he appeared to lose interest to me, and TBH I've never rated Hales since he came, but maybe that's just me. Obviously you, and more importantly the coach, prefer workrate to ability, and that's your prerogative..

No dig intended GOR, I was merely rising to the bait that Mr 73 had so deftly trotted down my swim ( to use piscatorial parlance). I agree that Hale doesn't excite in attack and is quite one dimensional but he still manages to get over for a few tries. I do believe L Adamson though does possess more than good work rate and is more than just a prop playing loose forward like most teams favour these days.

I think if you read the thread you will realise your error in suggesting that I baited you first, though I very much doubt that you would admit it. As for boring and banal, I think you have the monopoly on that one. Perhaps if you qualified your opinions about rugby league, rather than just indulging in oneupmanship the superior shark wouldn't bite.

Not sure what to say about back rowers to be honest. Reckon we missed Toby Adamson when injured but agree that Luke did go off the boil. What I do know is that when Rob Spicer isn't playing we might as well give up on defence. He tackles way above his weight and apart from Hale who isn't bad on defence is streets above the rest.

I reckon Luke missed his injured brother and so his form slipped. With reference to back rowers, I wonder where Jason Muranka fits in now? My guess is he will play in with the reserves - as a prop.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

I think if you read the thread you will realise your error in suggesting that I baited you first, though I very much doubt that you would admit it. As for boring and banal, I think you have the monopoly on that one. Perhaps if you qualified your opinions about rugby league, rather than just indulging in oneupmanship the superior shark wouldn't bite.

Now children.....back to the thread .....

No dig intended GOR, I was merely rising to the bait that Mr 73 had so deftly trotted down my swim ( to use piscatorial parlance). I agree that Hale doesn't excite in attack and is quite one dimensional but he still manages to get over for a few tries. I do believe L Adamson though does possess more than good work rate and is more than just a prop playing loose forward like most teams favour these days.

Well now you mention it, I think maybe it's time to take a leaf out of the book of Oz (not something you'll hear me say often), and consider dropping the like for like prop rotation system. I could see Adamson (and Muranka), with a good pre-season on the weights, coming off the bench as replacement props to add mobility against a tiring defense. As for Hale, maybe he could be the player he should be if he learns to pass the ball after he's broken the line instead of taking the tackle, and develops at least a token offload. Until then though, he wouldn't be my choice - but he will be GM's, which I suppose is what counts. ;)

George Bernard Shaw.

Well now you mention it, I think maybe it's time to take a leaf out of the book of Oz (not something you'll hear me say often), and consider dropping the like for like prop rotation system. I could see Adamson (and Muranka), with a good pre-season on the weights, coming off the bench as replacement props to add mobility against a tiring defense. As for Hale, maybe he could be the player he should be if he learns to pass the ball after he's broken the line instead of taking the tackle, and develops at least a token offload. Until then though, he wouldn't be my choice - but he will be GM's, which I suppose is what counts. ;)

Pass the ball? Offload? Scott Hale!? That's vicious GOR. I def remember a pass last year!

Archived