Match Thread. Featherstone Rovers v Hunslet Sunday 24th January 2016

marklaspalmas

With Briggs, Craven & Griffin set to play three of the bench players from the Wakefield game will be missing out. I wonder if they would be allowed to play for Hunslet on Dual Reg, or would that be a bad idea?

With Briggs, Craven & Griffin set to play three of the bench players from the Wakefield game will be missing out. I wonder if they would be allowed to play for Hunslet on Dual Reg, or would that be a bad idea?

Would you be happy for players to be left out for the Leeds friendly to give some of their lads a run out?

Would you be happy for players to be left out for the Leeds friendly to give some of their lads a run out?

I would be happy for whatever helps all three clubs achieve their goals for the coming season, the ethics of Dual Reg coming secondary. I would rather see promising players like Coventry, Cooper, Johnson & Milner get a game with Hunslet and be match fit for when their chance comes than play in the reserves. I don't know how the lads themselves would feel but its all about their continuing development. As far as Rhinos players goes, if they make the team better forget about the right or wrong of it, the club has £500K to make up on Fax due to the inbalance of the prize money allocation, and if its the only way of matching them, so be it.

Featherstone Rovers Head Coach Jon Sharp has named his squad to face Hunslet Hawks in the Gareth Swift Memorial Trophy on Sunday at the Big Fella’s Stadium (KICK OFF 3PM).

Admission on Sunday is £10 adults, £5 concessions and £3 juniors and tickets can be pre-purchased from the main office at the stadium (Friday 9am-5pm and Saturday morning 10am-midday) or from the match ticket office in the main car park on Sunday from midday.

Between 1pm and 2pm there will be happy hour prices behind the Cappers Bar where we will be showing Everton vs Swansea City from 1.30pm followed by Arsenal vs Chelsea from 4pm on the screens.

Jon Sharp said “With the game against Salford being postponed last week we are all ready for this game against Hunslet Hawks and to carry on our pre-season preparations.

Unfortunately Anthony Thackeray has a slight back injury so misses the game as a pre-caution and Misi Taulapapa has had a virus this week and unable to train.

“However, Briggs will make his debut again and Danny Craven is in the squad for the first time. I’ve been really impressed with Danny since he arrived at the club and he’s been training fantastically well. Some of the things he has been doing in training have been great and if he can replicate this on the pitch he will be an outstanding asset for us.

“We’ve been working hard on our fitness levels and working hard defensively. I want to see an improvement in this area on Sunday compared to when we played Wakefield a fortnight ago.”

Featherstone Rovers Squad:

Kyran Johnson

Bradley Tagg

Kyle Briggs

Sam Day

Danny Craven

Will Milner

Ian Hardman

Tim Spears

Andy Bostock

Michael Channing

Matty Wilde

John Davies

Colton Roche

Jack Coventry

Jack Ormondroyd

Jamie Cording

Scott Turner

Darrell Griffin

Luke Cooper

Liam Blockley

it will be good to see how the players are gelling together after the Wakefield game. It is a very strong side and worth the admission fee.

Get down and cheer the lads on to victory for the Gareth Swift Memorial Trophy.

I would be happy for whatever helps all three clubs achieve their goals for the coming season, the ethics of Dual Reg coming secondary. I would rather see promising players like Coventry, Cooper, Johnson & Milner get a game with Hunslet and be match fit for when their chance comes than play in the reserves. I don't know how the lads themselves would feel but its all about their continuing development. As far as Rhinos players goes, if they make the team better forget about the right or wrong of it, the club has £500K to make up on Fax due to the inbalance of the prize money allocation, and if its the only way of matching them, so be it.

This statement sums up everything wrong with DR.

It's sheeite DD. But I know why we're using it.... I'm not naive.

I just wish it hadn't been brought into the game

Apologies for making the post. I had decided to refrain from commenting on the subject, but could not resist. Anyway, good luck for the forth coming season!

Poor game today

Hunslet by far the better team in the 1st half, our respect for the ball terrible

The first 15 mins of second half won us the game following a Jon Sharp rocket at HT when we ran it in with a bit of effort and purpose and got 2 tries and respected posesseion a bit more

Another warm up game ticked off the list, Rhinos next week, hopefully they dont name all their kids for the game in the squad

Archived