Season Previews - Media Watch

Post your thoughts on the season previews in the media.

Here's one from Aaron Bower in the The Obo :-

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/jan/30/super-league-2016-preview-20-years-wigan-st-helens-hull

Good read.

And if you read Bower's contribution to the 'comments' section, a more extensive team-by-team preview will be appearing later this week in the Grauniad.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Kevin Sinfield's Gigantic Shoes. I saw them supporting Hawkwind at the Roundhouse back in '78, man.  :smoke:

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I saw them on their comeback tour, along with Innocent Egbunike's Velvet Loon Pants.

There's 1.a name I haven't heard for years and 2.a mental image that will take some shifting!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

There's 1.a name I haven't heard for years and 2.a mental image that will take some shifting!

Believe it or not ,there was actually a group called Innocent Egbunike's Velvet Loon Pants. The best bit about them was their name.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Was pleasantly surprised to hear Absolute Radio promoting (on behalf of Sky Sports) the new 'Super League Rugby' season.

For 2 reasons really, firstly I know Sky Sports do promote a number of core sports on the radio station but was pleased they hadn't forgotten about us. Secondly I'm glad they used the word 'rugby' and not just 'Super League'. I know the women's round ball has adopted that name too so not sure if that has anything to do with it but one of my gripes, and a number of others, was that Sky repeatedly referred to Super League rather than Rugby or Rugby League, so please they mention 'Super League Rugby' :)

Odd preview from Dave Hadfield in the Indy today. Being charitable it covered a page but still pretty pathetic given the space given to non news from the other lot.

It was strangely disjointed with two lines given to every topic. It looked like one of David Bowie's cut and paste song writing jobs. Not his usual standard but probably got at by a sub editor.

And Sky Sports News doing a full day of previews etc leading up to the big kick off.

(The big kick off that has had less than 1/10 of the "Thursdays won't be the same" wall to wall advertising for the darts league.)

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Archived