Audio Reporting

Dave Naylor

Yesterday at the match I'd planned to do a bit of audio reporting.  It was just a test to see if it was manageable.  I was going to do pre-match, half-time and post-match short audio clips but after doing the pre match I got microphone shy and sacked it off as a bad idea.  Anyway, I'd forgotten about it until just now so I went to listen to what I'd done.

I now think I sounded OK!  I sound like me, obviously but not half as stiff as I first thought.    I even think the bit were I go quiet in the middle is quite funny.

Have a listen and tell me if you can stand the thought of me boring the interwebs with my dulcet tones on match days.  

https://audioboom.com/boos/4127769-law-cup-pre-match

Yeh sounds fine Dave , although i know when you listen back to yourself you never think its that good or even sounds like you ............I did a few commentaries on Radio Cavell when we introduced match commentaries again from Watersheddings back in the early 70's  ( Tom Webb used to do match commentarries to the Hospitals in Oldham in the 1950's ) as we couldnt get anyone else to do it at the time, and being a terrace fan i was unable to vent my feelings about the players, or the ref  :rtfm: , until someoen else took over that is  :shout:  ..........so mind ur p's and q's or anybody that around you with a tendance to do the same as well ....

Where will thses audios be posted ..on this forum ???

20447_346989162151_776477151_4748963_7475038_s.jpg

Where will thses audios be posted ..on this forum ???

I'll post the link to where they'll be prior to the games.  I'm trying to be as economical as I can with my social media efforts this season so the fewer things I have to do while I'm at the match the better.

Yesterday at the match I'd planned to do a bit of audio reporting.  It was just a test to see if it was manageable.  I was going to do pre-match, half-time and post-match short audio clips but after doing the pre match I got microphone shy and sacked it off as a bad idea.  Anyway, I'd forgotten about it until just now so I went to listen to what I'd done.

I now think I sounded OK!  I sound like me, obviously but not half as stiff as I first thought.    I even think the bit were I go quiet in the middle is quite funny.

Have a listen and tell me if you can stand the thought of me boring the interwebs with my dulcet tones on match days.  

https://audioboom.com/boos/4127769-law-cup-pre-match

Sounded good Dave - as Roughyedz has hinted, it would be difficult to be a fan and an independent commentator at the same time.

All your efforts are much appreciated especially by those of us who can't get to every match......lol

It's took me a while to get over our dismal performance last Sunday, but hey, life goes on.

Just wanted to say what a sterling job Dave Naylor is doing. I cannot for the life of me understand why your club has not utilised this guy. If he can do all that on his lonesome, think what could be achievable if he got some support from the Fat Controller.

Well done Mr Naylor. Keep up the good work.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

Well done Mr Naylor. Keep up the good work.

Awww  :blush:

Thanks.  I've no master plan with all the things I get up to, I'm just combining two things I enjoy, RL and geeky stuff.  Hopefully I'll have something new to show everyone by the weekend. I had four months to pull it together and now I'm scratching around for time to get it finished.  :)

Kind words Baron and so very true. There's a few fans on here with skills that could be utilised. Daves doing a sterling job for us and I'm really looking forward to the independent club site he's developing, if his efforts to date are anything to go by it'll be a thoroughly professional site and one I'm sure the fans will enjoy and hopefully contribute towards. When's it going live Dave and thanks again for promoting the club in such a great way.

When's it going live Dave and thanks again for promoting the club in such a great way.

Maybe Friday evening although I had an issue today that's knocked me back a bit. That might push me on to Saturday.  There's no real point rushing it through but I really want it live before I leave for the game on Sunday.  

One of the funny things is that I'm not even sure what it is I'm building.  It's like some Frankenstein mashup of a league site, a club site and a fan blog.  I was writing some bits of content this morning and I started out all Guardian and ended up Daily Star.  I've said all along that it'll probably evolve throughout the year and I've got a list of stuff I want to implement that's as long as your arm.

I'm also conscious that I don't want to be seen as a rival to or replacement for any future official club site which is why I steered away from a Roughyed-a-like name.  

I think what I'm trying to say here is that  i built the site for me but if others find it useful and want to contribute, that's cool.

The club needs a computer person to engage with a commercial manager who will then try and engage with local blue chip companies whether that's in Oldham or wider into Manchester

Yeh everyone on here agrees with your sentiments ......However they will not be allowed anywhere near the club by its current owner ......Only solution is a "community club" run by the fans, but until CH goes by the wayside all these ideas and dreams that many on here have will go by unheeded, or even be taken up by another club or even sport where they will be appreciated :rtfm:

20447_346989162151_776477151_4748963_7475038_s.jpg

I was pushing for this last year, I came to the table with ideas contacts but it came to nothing.

That boat has sailed but with Dave drive I feel energized again.

We are in a league against full time operations when we are clearly part time.

The shirts, season ticket and the farce regarding the ground.

We have a fantastic fan base but this needs to engaged increase and needs to feel wanted.

The commercial side is clearly non existent, the community programme is poor, the interaction with the junior clubs is at an all time low.

Could this be a precursor to getting somekind of roughyeds podcast off the ground?? "Roughyeds radio" !

We could get it broadcast on RLinternet radio,ive got the contacts to get us on there,we could get it rebroadcast on ocr

I'll gladly be involved

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

All sounds good to me and I'd be up for that.  I'm doing some audio clips again this weekend, as well as a million other things!  My Mrs is making me a thing for me to strap my laptop + physical keyboard round my neck so that I can stand to type.  I'll look like one of those prawn salesmen guys who used to tour pubs back in the day :).

All sounds good to me and I'd be up for that.  I'm doing some audio clips again this weekend, as well as a million other things!  My Mrs is making me a thing for me to strap my laptop + physical keyboard round my neck so that I can stand to type.  I'll look like one of those prawn salesmen guys who used to tour pubs back in the day :).

Do you know anything about 'periscope' Dave? Would that be useful to 'Roughyeds' supporters? I don't know a lot about it. but a lot of sports clubs seem to use it to promote their clubs.

​​ 

​THE NORTH OF ENGLAND WITH A POPULATION OF NEARLY 17 MILLION PEOPLE IS THE TRUE EXPANSION AREA FOR RUGBY LEAGUE........IF IT CAN'T EXPAND HERE, WHERE CAN IT EXPAND?

​                       

​                        

I did some Periscoping during the season last year.  Here's a non-rugby one though that ended up being quite good quality.  Excuse my sniffly cold at the time:

https://katch.me/Caramboo/v/b6618bd8-ca33-304c-8243-5bfc5aab20b9

This is one from Oxford last season.  Rubbish quality but I end up accidentally interviewing the club photographer.

https://katch.me/Caramboo/v/84cc4a2f-b870-3af2-947e-96083f7bd0cc

I'm only 3G so I'm thinking of getting a 4G MiFi to improve that situation.  Maybe a better phone :)

I did some Periscoping during the season last year.  Here's a non-rugby one though that ended up being quite good quality.  Excuse my sniffly cold at the time:

https://katch.me/Caramboo/v/b6618bd8-ca33-304c-8243-5bfc5aab20b9

This is one from Oxford last season.  Rubbish quality but I end up accidentally interviewing the club photographer.

https://katch.me/Caramboo/v/84cc4a2f-b870-3af2-947e-96083f7bd0cc

I'm only 3G so I'm thinking of getting a 4G MiFi to improve that situation.  Maybe a better phone :)

Your sister never said  ' Arrh Kid' once. You've gotta say that and  'Bloody Norah' to speak proper 'Manc'

I like the footage from the game.

​​ 

​THE NORTH OF ENGLAND WITH A POPULATION OF NEARLY 17 MILLION PEOPLE IS THE TRUE EXPANSION AREA FOR RUGBY LEAGUE........IF IT CAN'T EXPAND HERE, WHERE CAN IT EXPAND?

​                       

​                        

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Archived