Keighley

Flaming balls

Barrow 18 Keighley 14.

Talk about a game of two halves, first half, Raiders with wind behind, knock on's, forward passes, penalties given away, and not using strong wind behind them. Second half against the wind, brilliant, more pace, strong tackling, clever play, and above all else never gave up, well done lads, especially after controversial late try for Keighthly.

Definitely not the best start but 10 minutes from end of first half and all of the second half I thought we were the better team and dare I say the fittest The try that never was could have finished us off but it didn't! A tough game and well fought by both teams and I'm glad we just pipped it. Stand outs for me Dan Abram Bradd Crellin Mossy and well deserved MOM Ryan Fieldhouse. Well done to all the lads and coaching staff.

Alba and Alias have summed up the game pretty well, the first 15/20 minutes we were awful especially the handling, we just kept handing over the ball inviting Keighley to take advantage and at 10-0 down it looked like we were in for a hiding but all credit to the boys they dug in and ground out a well-deserved victory.

On the Keighley Twitter feed I think even they were surprised at the awarding of the late try putting them in front, from where I was it looked like a clear knock-on.

Well done to Hankinson who stepped into the stand off position and did a fair job, more importantly he kicked every goal in testing windy conditions, I'm going to dare to suggest Campbell and Abram in the halves with Hankinson taking on the kicking duties.

Shame the crowd was only around the 600 mark, if the boy continue to perform as well as they showed today it would be nice to double that figure, and a few more.

Sounds like I missed a cracker. I was at Rochdale ( don't ask!)

They had Chris Riley the ex Wakefield and Warrington winger at full back.

He looks to have put on a bit of beef and didn't appear to be fit. He only played 20 minutes or so.

They had that Samir whatever playing (him with the pony tail) he's a right handful. James Dandy played in the second half and had a good game.

Despite today's result I'm sure they are there for the taking in the i-pro

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

So Ron, how was it in Rochdale ?

We were only 50 points off getting a draw.All their tries came from lucky bounces,forward passes or bad decisions by Mr Bloem.

We were the better team at half time, unfortunately they were better than us in the first and second halves.

Final score a lucky 60 to a desperately unlucky 10.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

No, it held up well. I don't think the team has trained on it for a couple of weeks and the strong winds seem to have dried it - it was in far better condition than the DW on Thursday, a pitch deemed to be fit to play on, double standards me thinks.

No, it held up well. I don't think the team has trained on it for a couple of weeks and the strong winds seem to have dried it - it was in far better condition than the DW on Thursday, a pitch deemed to be fit to play on, double standards me thinks.

I don't think the Wigan game would of been on had it not been a "Sky Sports" fixture

Archived