New Stand at Bradford / Ownership of Odsal (merged topics)

Is the north stand where the away fans usually congregate?

The stadium isn't aligned with the compass, but the "northern" terrace would be that one, behind the posts. For Championship games, this terrace is often closed.

Most  home and away fans tend to prefer standing on the pitchside terrace, facing the stand. However, there would no doubt be a retreat to the newly-roofed area if it was chucking it down before the game started or at half time.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Owner Marc Green has offered to go halves with fans on a cover for the northern terrace. Total cost estimate is £350k.

Is this a good offer or no? I'm not sure fans should be asked to pay for their own roof.

You might be able to buy Belle Vue for that and take the roof that Glover put on their stand.

it used to have a roof many moons ago

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

Owner Marc Green has offered to go halves with fans on a cover for the northern terrace. Total cost estimate is £350k.

Is this a good offer or no? I'm not sure fans should be asked to pay for their own roof.

No - he's taking the mickey big time........

Good news, any upgrade is good,

Its also an honest open invitation for fans who where at the club before and after him (and many others) to literally buy into the club

Bad news - this isn't an offer, it's an excuse for not doing it himself.

As Adeybull has already pointed out the Bradford fans rallied round to help the club in a time of crisis and they raised £30,000. This was admirable and they made personal sacrifices at a cost to their families to support the Bulls.

Green knows £175,000 from the fans is out of the question, so his £175,000 is nice and secure.

Danny Lockwood was scathing of Mr. Green who he said was only at Odsal to try to get some money back he put in in the OK bulls time.

After Lowes spoke of cost cutting, this happened but has been hushed up to give the impression all is well. Well money is tight and there is no benevolent owner at the club.

They've never owned the ground. Bradford Council do.

In the exact same interview Marc Green says that the club have actually agreed a deal with the council to take the stadium off their hands and is currently with the solicitors - I thought this was more interesting, but the roof seems to have got more headlines. The roof thing seems to be a leg pull to be honest

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

Danny Lockwood was scathing of Mr. Green who he said was only at Odsal to try to get some money back he put in in the OK bulls time

If Mr Lockwood's accusations were anywhere near true, I think Marc Green would have bolted a long time ago. The Bulls aren't going to make any money any time soon, and Green has put further money into the club since then (although as you say, he's hardly flush with cash, and he's trying to steady the ship). If he's playing a game, it's certainly a long one.

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

No - he's taking the mickey big time........

Bad news - this isn't an offer, it's an excuse for not doing it himself.

As Adeybull has already pointed out the Bradford fans rallied round to help the club in a time of crisis and they raised £30,000. This was admirable and they made personal sacrifices at a cost to their families to support the Bulls.

Green knows £175,000 from the fans is out of the question, so his £175,000 is nice and secure.

Danny Lockwood was scathing of Mr. Green who he said was only at Odsal to try to get some money back he put in in the OK bulls time.

After Lowes spoke of cost cutting, this happened but has been hushed up to give the impression all is well. Well money is tight and there is no benevolent owner at the club.

I think Marc Green has done a decent job at the Bulls since he took over, steadying the ship and bringing in an air of financial realism.

Without his involvement, there would probably be no club at all.

If Mr Lockwood's accusations were anywhere near true, I think Marc Green would have bolted a long time ago. The Bulls aren't going to make any money any time soon, and Green has put further money into the club since then (although as you say, he's hardly flush with cash, and he's trying to steady the ship). If he's playing a game, it's certainly a long one.

Well I would agree with you that we do not know what "game" (your word) Mr. Green is playing.

He's not playing the Ken Davey or Marwan Koukash game to date that is for sure.

What his game was over the Koukash issue I just don't know. 

In the exact same interview Marc Green says that the club have actually agreed a deal with the council to take the stadium off their hands and is currently with the solicitors - I thought this was more interesting, but the roof seems to have got more headlines. The roof thing seems to be a leg pull to be honest

Again what's his game over the roof and the challenge to fans to raise £175,000 to roof the away end whilst half the Bulls fans already have a roof, and the other half don't and still would not have one if they put it behind the sticks.

What is his game buying Odsal?? Are the fans being asked to go halves??

I think Marc Green has done a decent job at the Bulls since he took over, steadying the ship and bringing in an air of financial realism.

Without his involvement, there would probably be no club at all.

I think Mr. Green like Mr. Carter can only be judged on his record to date. Good job pair of them.

But I cannot agree that he is the saviour of the Bradford Bulls. 

Many clubs have survived the most traumatic circumstances of administration and grounds being sold off, but thanks to their staunch fans, whether they be at Swinton, Hunslet, Bramley, Rochdale, York or Oldham their clubs survive.

Mr. Green so far is as virtuous a saviour as any but the"game" as suggested by Avenger may be a long one.

John Wilkinsons long and generous game with Salford certainly ended with him leaving them for dead?

I think Mr. Green like Mr. Carter can only be judged on his record to date. Good job pair of them.

But I cannot agree that he is the saviour of the Bradford Bulls. 

Many clubs have survived the most traumatic circumstances of administration and grounds being sold off, but thanks to their staunch fans, whether they be at Swinton, Hunslet, Bramley, Rochdale, York or Oldham their clubs survive.

Mr. Green so far is as virtuous a saviour as any but the"game" as suggested by Avenger may be a long one.

John Wilkinsons long and generous game with Salford certainly ended with him leaving them for dead?

Not for the first time, I have no idea what point you're trying to make.

Well I would agree with you that we do not know what "game" (your word) Mr. Green is playing.

What his game was over the Koukash issue I just don't know. 

What is his game buying Odsal?? Are the fans being asked to go halves??

I used the word game, as Mr Lockwood implied that Green was in the Bulls for his own ends alone because the club owed him money - no idea why you brought that up as two years on I can't see any evidence this is true at all, to my mind the implication was you still think there is a chance Green is in it to make a quick buck. 2 years is a long time to wait for that. From what I remember the Lockwood article was the typical emotional and reactionary editorial I've come to expect from League Weekly. In contrast League Express named Marc Green "Man of The Year" in 2014 for his financial realism - swings and roundabouts really.

I assume his "game" with Koukash was to ensure a level playing field for all clubs - as you well know he didn't make the information public, someone else did to League Express - in the same article it was noted chairmen in Super League also had the same concerns.

Fans aren't being asked to buy Odsal. Heaven knows why the club would want to own it's own ground, a real head scratcher that one!

SQL Honours

The stand he's talking about putting a roof over is the popular side facing the provident stand ( Popular side was renamed northern terrace last year in a homage to Bradford northern, nothing to do with geographical location) NOT the away end behind the sticks which is rarely opened now.

That makes more sense, as it would have been an odd set of fans who bent over backwards so that they could see away fans under cover while they were rained on... though stranger things have happened at Bradford.

Until Lockwood is personally writing cheques to keep Bradford going, he can keep his "thought" to himself.

The stand he's talking about putting a roof over is the popular side facing the provident stand ( Popular side was renamed northern terrace last year in a homage to Bradford northern, nothing to do with geographical location) NOT the away end behind the sticks which is rarely opened now.

I'd chip in for that. It's where I stand on matchdays. 

After all the pie in the sky stuff we've been sold by various conmen over the decades with regard to grandiose redevelopments of the stadium, here is an idea that sounds practical, affordable and achievable.

Archived