How we collect information and what types of information we collect.
How we use the information we collect and for what purposes.
When and to whom information we collect may be disclosed.
How we safeguard and protect Personal Information (defined below) you provide.
The choices that are available to you regarding our collection and use of Personal Information.
How you may access, review and change Personal Information you provide.
3. Our Information Collection, Use and Disclosure Practices Personal Information Provided Voluntarily by the User. You may be asked to provide or otherwise voluntarily provide Personal Information when you participate in various services and offerings available through our websites, when you contact us via phone, mail, or otherwise, and when you participate in our competitions and related promotions. The Personal Information we may ask you to provide includes, but is not limited to, the following categories of information: your name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, year of birth, and gender, information concerning your hobbies, interests and occupation, financial information (for billing purposes), and opinions, responses and other material you post to our websites.
Though you may access and use portions of our websites without providing any Personal Information, in order to take advantage of the full capabilities of our websites and to obtain access to, and use of, many of the features of our websites, you must provide certain Personal Information. For example, in order to register for an account through our websites and to request information about of products and services you must provide certain Personal Information.
Certain functionalities available through our websites may require you to provide information about third parties. This information may include a third party’s name, address, phone number, fax number, email address, and other similar information. If you provide Personal Information to us, including Personal Information regarding individuals other than yourself, you represent and warrant that (i)
We use Personal Information you provide to us for our business purposes, such as (i) to allow you to access your Website account, (ii) to confirm your identity, (iii) for marketing our products and services to you and to customize this advertising and marketing information (iv) to contact you regarding your Website account and to keep records regarding your Website account, (v) to carry-out promotions, including but not limited to contests surveys and related promotions that you have entered; (vi) to provide the services and products you request and to respond to your other requests and inquiries, (vii) to enhance our service offerings; and (viii) to adjust our websites to your personal preferences. Except as specifically provided in the following paragraph, we will not sell or rent or otherwise share the Personal Information you provide to us with third parties.
We may share Personal Information you provide to us with certain third parties that perform services on our behalf. Those third parties may host our websites; provide certain features or functionality; print or send mailings or emails (including marketing materials); provide the services you request, authorize and process your payments; provide customer service; analyse data; or otherwise assist us with the operation of our business. Those third parties are not authorized to use or disclose Personal Information for any purpose other than to perform the services designated by LPL. We may also provide the Personal Information you provide to us to a third party if we are required by law or litigation so to disclose such Personal Information. For example, we may be required to disclose Personal Information to respond to a court order or other legal process. Finally, the Personal Information you provide to us may be transferred as an asset in connection with a merger or sale involving all or part of LPL or as part of a corporate reorganization, stock sale or other change of control.
Information Collected from Other Sources.
We may obtain information about you from other sources, such as companies that update and verify email and physical addresses, for the purpose of updating and enhancing our files.
Automatically Collected Information.
We will use the information we automatically collect through your access and use of our websites to determine how our websites are accessed and used. For example, this information will allow us (i) to determine which pages are the most popular with users, (ii) determine if our websites are working properly, and (iii) to improve the user-experience on our websites. We do not use automatically collected information to identify a particular user.
We may aggregate and use certain non-personally identifiable information for research or marketing purposes and may share, sell and rent or trade that information and statistical data derived from such information with our marketing partners, advertisers, or other third parties for research or marketing purposes.
4. User Communities on our Websites.
We use registration information and other information users provide as they interact within the communities to: authenticate users; provide communications from us to users regarding the community; and administer the community (including, but not limited to, managing the technical requirements of the site and monitoring submissions and posts for offensive content after posting and removing such content in our sole discretion).
Please note that information (including your name, email address, address, or phone number) you provide in a posting on community or any bulletin board is available (even after you stop participating in the community) to any other individual who has access to that same community and may be used by another individual in a manner unintended by you, including as a target for unsolicited communications. You should therefore treat any information provided by you in the content of a submission or post to a community as public information. For this reason, we urge you to act cautiously in providing any such information in your submissions or posts, as we are not liable for any use or misuse by an individual user of the information you provide in a submission or post.
Our cookies will never be used to track your activity on any third party websites or to send spam.
You can configure your browser to accept all Cookies, reject all Cookies, or notify you when a Cookie is received. (Each browser is different, so check the Help menu of your browser to learn how to change your Cookie preferences). You may reject, delete or otherwise disable Cookies at any time.
However, by deleting, rejecting or otherwise disabling Cookies, you may inhibit your user experience on our websites and you may not be able to take full advantage of all offerings on our websites. For example, if you disable or reject cookies you will not be to purchase products or services. In addition, if you disable or disallow Cookies, some multimedia images and graphics may not display properly, you may not be able to view customisable features, and/or you may have more difficulty navigating through our websites.
Some of our email communications to you may include a “click-through URL” linked to a particular page on one of our websites. By clicking on one of these URLs, you will automatically enter our website. Our systems track this information to gauge the effectiveness of our email communications and your level of interest in particular areas. You may avoid having this information collected by avoiding clicking on URL links in our email communications. Please note, that we will NEVER send you an email with an imbedded link that asks for your password or any financial or account information; passwords are for your protection. If you EVER receive such an email, please contact us immediately using the information in the Section 9 below entitled “Contact Us”.
We use pixel tags to identify what pages of our website are visited most frequently and to evaluate the effectiveness of the search functions on our website.
6. Notice for Parents Our websites are general audience sites that are not targeted for use by children. LPL does not intend to collect Personal Information from individuals under the age of thirteen (13) on or through our websites. If you are the parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 who has provided Personal Information to us, please inform us as provided below in Section 9 (“Contact LPL”) below, and we will delete that Personal Information.
7. Security We employ reasonable measures, including administrative, technical, and physical measures, to protect Personal Information from unauthorized access, loss, alteration, use or disclosure. Our websites are capable of using Secure Sockets layer 128-bit encryption and we will use at least such level of encryption in the transmission of Personal Information from our websites to our servers.
8. Managing Information You may update the information you provide by accessing your account and following the instructions set forth therein. You may opt-out of receiving certain types of communications from us. However, you will not be able to opt-out of receiving other types of communications, such as service announcements and administrative messages, as these types of communications are necessary if you have an account with us. You may opt-out of receiving Optional Communications by following the instructions set forth in those communications or by accessing your account and following the instructions set forth therein. If you have any questions regarding your ability to opt-out of receiving certain types of communications please contact us using our contact information set forth below in Section 8 (“Contact LPL”). Please note that removal of Personal Information from our database or “opting-out” will not stop marketing or advertising content that is ready to be mailed or is queued for transmission to you prior to the time when we can implement your request.
Total Rugby League Fans Forum, Wellington House, Briggate, Brighouse, West Yorkshire, HD6 1DN