Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Red Willow

The Photography Thread

3,004 posts in this topic

crack of dawn mate

but I've mucked about with it a little bit. I try not to do that if I can, and I was pleased enough with the original

You've always got to do a bit of fettling, especially if shooting in raw. Takes a bit of time, but well worth it.

crack of dawn mate

but I've mucked about with it a little bit. I try not to do that if I can, and I was pleased enough with the original

You've always got to do a bit of fettling, especially if shooting in raw. Takes a bit of time, but well worth it.

That's a cracker Chris and as Gazza says, if you shoot in RAW its a given that you tweak the picture, sharpening following conversion is a must.

People wouldn't think twice about manipulating an image in a darkroom, somehow post processing digital is seen as 'cheating'. Digital terms such as "Unsharp Mask" actually come from the process done in a darkroom that produced the same affect.

Basic straightening, cropping, levels, contrast, dodge, burn, sharpening, blurring etc. are all techniques nicked from the darkroom.

That's a cracker Chris and as Gazza says, if you shoot in RAW its a given that you tweak the picture, sharpening following conversion is a must.

People wouldn't think twice about manipulating an image in a darkroom, somehow post processing digital is seen as 'cheating'. Digital terms such as "Unsharp Mask" actually come from the process done in a darkroom that produced the same affect.

Basic straightening, cropping, levels, contrast, dodge, burn, sharpening, blurring etc. are all techniques nicked from the darkroom.

All true. That said, the more you get right in the first place rather than "fixing" later, the better the image is likely to be.

thanks for that dave

I do have a problem with some of the stuff that goes on though.

I don't like the idea of trying to make a bad picture good by slathering a load of effects on it. That held good when I used to have a dark room. There are certain kinds of pictures  that really hack me off.

All true. That said, the more you get right in the first place rather than "fixing" later, the better the image is likely to be.

Absolutely, get the best image you can, but to knock it up a notch will still need manipulation.

Any picture you take that you are happy with is THE picture. If others like it then that's a bit of a bonus.

adel woods this morning

DSC_0589_zps84e1b65e.jpg

Really like that photo.

Really like that photo.

thanks pal. It's just outside our front door

I like all the different shades of greens. Looks like an early Belle Vue too.

I see your point. The playing field would probably be more reminiscent of Mount Pleasant, Batley though.

What a wonderful place to park your vardo.

will you be wanting some tarmacing done?

Couple of images with the new Nikon D750 and 24-85mm VR and the last one to show its high ISO capabilities at ISO 12,800

d7503.jpg

d7505.jpg

d7501.jpg

d7508.jpg

Edited by Gary Coyle

Couple of images with the new Nikon D750 and 24-85mm VR and the last one to show its high ISO capabilities at ISO 12,800

d7503.jpg

d7505.jpg

d7501.jpg

d7508.jpg

apparently the new ZPQ30 is miles better

storm brewing over garforth cliff

DSC_0584_zps74b8a404.jpg

How is the D750 compared to the D800?

2 different cameras, i own both and while i would use the D750 for general/landscape/portrait/sport i wouldnt use the D800 for sport, however the D750 has a much smaller form factor, the new deeper grip makes it much easier to hold than similar sixed cameras like the D600/D610/D7000, build quality is somewhere between D600-800, D750 focus is fast and accurate even in dark places.

Its quality will push the boundries of many modern lenses so if used with cheap glass you wont be getting the best out of it and could potentially be a waste of money

Edited by Gary Coyle

My new ride

3.jpg

did you take it with the D750 or the D800?

did you take it with the D750 or the D800?

Motorola Moto G Camera phone LOL.