Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Red Willow

The Photography Thread

3,039 posts in this topic

Election rigging, unless you've seen all the other entries and judge our friend's snap to be the best.

I treat requests like this on photography forums just like this. I will go and look but I won't guarantee my vote, I may find something better.

However the rest of the people in the comp will be doing the same thing, so it does turn into a bit of a who's got the most mates contest.

I will go and look but I won't guarantee my vote, I may find something better.

However the rest of the people in the comp will be doing the same thing, so it does turn into a bit of a who's got the most mates contest.

Exactly. I'd prefer my work to be judged on its own merits really, however in a local competition with what was likely to be a relatively low entry and with a decent cash prize, it seems daft not to at least try to play the game.

I've entered the Hebden Bridge Times photography competition with this image, so any support would be appreciated. It should only take a few seconds to send an email to register your vote, and you have until 5pm on 21st November. Details on how to cast a vote are below. Cheers!

VOTE BY EMAIL

Email your vote before November 21, 2014, at 5pm to lauren.waferkiddle@jpress.co.uk.

Use ‘Photography Competition - vote’ in the subject line.

Start your email with "Gareth Hughes"

Follow this with your name.

VOTE BY POST

Fill in the below voting form and post it to: Lauren Wafer-Kiddle, Hebden Bridge Times/Todmorden News photography competition, Courier Buildings, King Cross Street, Halifax, HX1 2SF.

The deadline for receipt of entries is November 21, 2014, at 5pm.

You can vote as many times as you like, but you must use an official vote coupon from the paper.

Photocopied or defaced coupons will not be accepted

Well made it through to the final 13, so thanks to anyone who did vote for me. The remaining 13 are now available to view online and vote for in round 2. I've linked to my entry below, however all others are available to view for comparison (just for Padge ;) )

http://www.hebdenbridgetimes.co.uk/news/local/photography-competition-gareth-hughes-1-6969387

Well made it through to the final 13, so thanks to anyone who did vote for me. The remaining 13 are now available to view online and vote for in round 2. I've linked to my entry below, however all others are available to view for comparison (just for Padge ;) )

http://www.hebdenbridgetimes.co.uk/news/local/photography-competition-gareth-hughes-1-6969387

Looks like you're through to the final six (?).  It's safe to say that it's not the most user friendly website in the world.  Anyway, I've emailed a vote for you mainly because I want a share of the £350 and to see your picture on the wall of the retirement home, and so have some of my band (with whom I am on tour).

Edited by Larry the Leit

Looks like you're through to the final six (?). It's safe to say that it's not the most user friendly website in the world. Anyway, I've emailed a vote for you mainly because I want a share of the £350 and to see your picture on the wall of the retirement home, and so have some of my band (with whom I am on tour).

You're right about the site. Cheers for the support. Sadly you won't be seeing the cash or the photo on the wall of your retirement home when you finally stop touring, with your band, as I didn't make first, or top 3 for the two other £100 prizes. Ho hum.

You're right about the site. Cheers for the support. Sadly you won't be seeing the cash or the photo on the wall of your retirement home when you finally stop touring, with your band, as I didn't make first, or top 3 for the two other £100 prizes. Ho hum.

You sicken me.

Can anyone recommend a decent quality printer for canvas printing at quite large sizes, and at a reasonable price?

just been watching "click" on bbc news and they showed this fantastic camera that allows you to focus after taking your shot.

https://www.lytro.com/

Old technology to be fair, also allows you to set the depth of field after taking the shot

Edited by Gary Coyle

Intriguing piece of work gaze, well played

Cheers gents. Treated myself to a new lens, as macro and on/off camera flash are my two goals to teach myself a bit about next year. Christmas decorations seemed a good place to start.

Cheers gents. Treated myself to a new lens, as macro and on/off camera flash are my two goals to teach myself a bit about next year. Christmas decorations seemed a good place to start.

I'm taking stock as well gaz

I like street photography and I'm thinking about my approach to it. I'd like to engage more with the people I photograph, and adopt more of a portraiture rather than a candid approach. I think it's more respectful, and more productive

I also want to do something with my portfolio of the local woods, some of which you've seen

Edited by l'angelo mysterioso

I'd like to engage more with the people I photograph, and adopt more of a portraiture rather than a candid approach.

POV? Eeghh Frank no.

A whole new batch of  Griffin Vultures : very large Cretan Budgies.

A whole new batch of  Griffin Vultures : very large Cretan Budgies.

Cretan budgie-smugglers use a lot more cloth than most...

Sarah

sarah_IMG_2501abw_zpsbmitrfcl.jpg