Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Red Willow

The Photography Thread

2,969 posts in this topic

IMG_0296_zpswuy0gkbi.jpg

Me and Mrs Phil had our pics taken by our daughter who's studying photography

Mrs Phil looks better than me

 

She's obviously very lucky as well Phil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She's obviously very lucky as well Phil

That's what I tell her

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gentle swell . Scarborough North Bay . Summer 2016 . Picture taken with an well used/

 old Cannon 400D

ravenscar half 083.JPG

Edited by henage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hornsea Beach two weeks ago , sun, fog ,sun-fog . No fish , good few hours,

fresh air and the dog enjoyed it . Picture taken with my alcatel mobile phone .

 

aaaa.jpg

Edited by henage
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to Zaandam a small town just outside of Amsterdam, a strange little town.

1.
32324392541_bf616a64f0_o.jpg

2.
32294289642_cc832c28f3_o.jpg

3.
32294290062_63a11d076d_o.jpg

4.
32294290412_5327fb00bf_o.jpg

5.
32294289342_e292a5c38a_o.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After being badly treated by me for the better part of eight years things finally started to fall off my faithful D90.  It has now been relegated to the role of back-up camera and its place has been taken by the thrusting young buck of a Nikon D7200.

I am still recovering from the shock that something taken at ISO 25600 comes out with negligible noise. In fact, under lights at a non-league ground yesterday the quality of the image (not, obviously the quality of the photographer) at 1/1250, f4, ISO 25600 was remarkable (example below - although I'd not use it at this size). Hard to think that my first DSLR less than a decade ago couldn't really handle ISO 1600 - and that for film it was only black and white (from memory) that could go to ISO 3200 and that wasn't mainstream.  The auto-focus is just ludicrously quick compared to those 'older' cameras too - I just need to get the hang of controlling it.

 

DSC_1736.JPG

Edited by gingerjon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Padge said:

Welcome to Zaandam a small town just outside of Amsterdam, a strange little town..
32294289342_e292a5c38a_o.jpg

Was there some offensive graffiti on the gable ends of two of those houses mate?, they look like they've been pixelated out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, gingerjon said:

After being badly treated by me for the better part of eight years things finally started to fall off my faithful D90.  It has now been relegated to the role of back-up camera and its place has been taken by the thrusting young buck of a Nikon D7200.

I am still recovering from the shock that something taken at ISO 25600 comes out with negligible noise. In fact, under lights at a non-league ground yesterday the quality of the image (not, obviously the quality of the photographer) at 1/1250, f4, ISO 25600 was remarkable (example below - although I'd not use it at this size). Hard to think that my first DSLR less than a decade ago couldn't really handle ISO 1600 - and that for film it was only black and white (from memory) that could go to ISO 3200 and that wasn't mainstream.  The auto-focus is just ludicrously quick compared to those 'older' cameras too - I just need to get the hang of controlling it.

 

 

Some photographers used to push colour ISO 1600 to 3200, some probably still do.   A bit like vinyl, film is having a bit of comeback with old film types being revived.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Padge said:

 

Some photographers used to push colour ISO 1600 to 3200, some probably still do.   

My memory is that it was a lot easier (and the film more forgiving) with black and white.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

My memory is that it was a lot easier (and the film more forgiving) with black and white.

 

Definitely, to push a fim beyond its ISO range needs specialist processing, most people who would push film developed their own rolls, though some specialist labs would process for a price.

Edited by Padge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎23‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 11:24 PM, Phil said:

IMG_0296_zpswuy0gkbi.jpg

Me and Mrs Phil had our pics taken by our daughter who's studying photography

Mrs Phil looks better than me

OOH! I wish they were real

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

OOH! I wish they were real

Haha they are 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 North Landing looking North towards Bempton Cliffs . Pictured with a Gopro .

flam bempton.JPG

Edited by henage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

taken on a phone. the phone did any fancy stuff. just scrolling through my gallery and thought it looked quite snazzy

black huts.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, henage said:

What area is the picture taken ?

Would you like to guess? :)

Edited by Mister C

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mister C said:

Would you like to guess? :)

Sand dunes, wind farm on horizon... so east coast?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Sand dunes, wind farm on horizon... so east coast?  

Amazingly...

That is Barrow in Furness

That's not the town itself of course...

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.