Sign in to follow this  
Red Willow

The Photography Thread

Went to see The Ruts in Hebden Bridge last night, me and my mate Mick bumped into Baz Warne from The Stranglers 

IMG_1234.JPG

• Like 2

On 8/8/2017 at 10:52 AM, Tongs ya bas said:

deal going down, vicar lane, leeds

DSC_0052.jpg

Looks like Vicar Lane Bradford from that angle. That is where I work.

11 hours ago, Tongs ya bas said:

No mate, definitely leeds

Sorry, my wording was poor. What I should have said was from the "deal going down". There can be problems with that round here. Which is unfortunate.

8 minutes ago, Billypop said:

Sorry, my wording was poor. What I should have said was from the "deal going down". There can be problems with that round here. Which is unfortunate.

Ah I see what you mean. I thought it was strange. I lived in Bradford for years and don't remember there being a vicar lane. In my day that kind of thing went on in the Manville on Thornton Road.

8 minutes ago, Tongs ya bas said:

Ah I see what you mean. I thought it was strange. I lived in Bradford for years and don't remember there being a vicar lane. In my day that kind of thing went on in the Manville on Thornton Road.

Vicar Lane, Bradford is in Little Germany a minute's walk from the Broadway Shopping Centre. 

The local council is keen to encourage businesses to locate to this area, so they gave approval for a hostel to be built directly opposite my workplace. I think the police spend more time there than they do at the Police Station.

46 minutes ago, Billypop said:

Vicar Lane, Bradford is in Little Germany a minute's walk from the Broadway Shopping Centre. 

The local council is keen to encourage businesses to locate to this area, so they gave approval for a hostel to be built directly opposite my workplace. I think the police spend more time there than they do at the Police Station.

Do you know I must have walked along it hundreds of times and not realised it was called vicar lane. It wasn't as you describe it in my day!

38 minutes ago, Tongs ya bas said:

Do you know I must have walked along it hundreds of times and not realised it was called vicar lane. It wasn't as you describe it in my day!

Yes, Vicar Lane actually starts at Bradford Interchange and terminates at Church Bank where Bradford Cathedral is.  There's some wonderful Grade 2 listed architecture in Little Germany including the building my work occupies.

• Like 1

Yes you do .

Looking at going later in the year next time .

More ground swell , less wind , mild right into the back end.

The guy cutting the grass at the youth Hostel gave me that very welcome information , might even camp in the hostels front garden .!!

perranporth 2017 003.JPG

10 minutes ago, henage said:

Yes you do .

Looking at going later in the year next time .

More ground swell , less wind , mild right into the back end.

The guy cutting the grass at the youth Hostel gave me that very welcome information , might even camp in the hostels front garden .!!

perranporth 2017 003.JPG

Might wild camp in the dunes... as long as the Watering Hole is open, it will be good!

• Like 1

On 10 August 2017 at 11:24 AM, Billypop said:

Yes, Vicar Lane actually starts at Bradford Interchange and terminates at Church Bank where Bradford Cathedral is.  There's some wonderful Grade 2 listed architecture in Little Germany including the building my work occupies.

DSC_0102.jpg