Recommended Posts

Son in law and granddaughter at training

 

dan n eva.jpg

Edited by Marauder
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking North from Thornwick Bay , Flamborough . Summer last year .

Couple of fisherman trying for Bass , impressive Bempton Cliffs and Staple nook towering over the sea .

Had some great dives just off staple nook , trawler run aground in the 1940 - 50s ? .

Lots of wreckage sat on the reefs when tides out , plenty to see between the reefs also .

 

summersnear.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 1:00 PM, henage said:

Looking North from Thornwick Bay , Flamborough . Summer last year .

Couple of fisherman trying for Bass , impressive Bempton Cliffs and Staple nook towering over the sea .

Had some great dives just off staple nook , trawler run aground in the 1940 - 50s ? .

Lots of wreckage sat on the reefs when tides out , plenty to see between the reefs also .

 

summersnear.jpg

Excellent chill out place, I used to do a lot of running along those cliffs during the off season.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poseur 🙂

m6.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great walk with the new dog this afternoon .

Wood cruiser sterned  old fishing boat not got long to go before the reeds / mud swallow it up .

Last old boat down the haven , will never see open water again . 

ABPs new container cranes , just need someone to build a road to get the lorries in and out of the port /city .

New dog .

IMG_8546.JPG

IMG_8567_Correction.JPG

IMG_8541 Correction.JPG

IMG_8622 Correction.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Catalans having a dance, pre game at Wembley!

 

 

 

 

039.JPG

040.JPG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Mother in Law is moving and having a sort out, being a bit of a family historian I was keen to get snaps of all the photos sh'es not taking with her before they disappeared to another relatives attic. 

This is the full crew of HMS Mauritius taken in the early 1940's, HMS Mauritius was involved in the 1944 Normandy Landings, as I guess must have been many of these lads, my wifes grandads in there somewhere.

hms mauritius.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ruined farmhouse above Hebden Bridge 

 

30305BD7-5374-43C1-8CB4-DD43328E7FD7.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Phil said:

Ruined farmhouse above Hebden Bridge 

 

 

30305BD7-5374-43C1-8CB4-DD43328E7FD7.jpeg

If you were a London estate agent it would be

"Delightful weekend rural retreat with views over the historic Yorkshire Moors. Opportunities for improvement and extension"

Edited by Shadow
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Shadow said:

If you were a London estate agent it would be

"Delightful weekend rural retreat with views over the historic Yorkshire Moors. Opportunities for improvement and extension"

Buildings like this always give me a sort of melancholy feeling. 

Once they were full of life, people laughed, loved and cried there, and then one day the door was locked for the final time as they walked away, did they look back? Who knows? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Phil said:

Buildings like this always give me a sort of melancholy feeling. 

Once they were full of life, people laughed, loved and cried there, and then one day the door was locked for the final time as they walked away, did they look back? Who knows? 

It was lived in until the mid 70s AFAIK, if not a little later. It was up for sale back in 2008, the owner wanted £400k though, so unsprisingly it didn't sell.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/wreck-of-the-week-s2k5x73pj56

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rain clouds up on’t moors

4CAB5F32-9ECC-446A-BFA1-AAB8874F9500.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new gaff 

7FBDA403-0FFC-43A3-AD26-4DD7D9DEF92D.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11B77EB0-A3C4-4644-A172-9ED5133AB6AA.jpeg

The Bay of Naples in the evening from our hotel in Sorrento. Yes, the water really was that still. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the highest point in Capri overlooking the bay and the boat back to Sorrento with the sun going down. 

1DA7B911-9813-4D8D-8144-D4E9574E1D0E.jpeg

DAA3ED50-A6CC-4FE8-87F5-05F88AC510C5.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, henage said:

Is that statue giving a flying V to someone ?

I thought that :D From straight on it’s a fairly boring statue with a boring hand gesture but to get the view in it becomes more amusing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


League Express Yearbook 2018/19 - Order Now


Rugby League World - Nov 2018

Rugby League World - Nov 2018



League Express - Online Now

League Express - Every Monday