Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Red Willow

The Photography Thread

3,004 posts in this topic

Nope, other than a little darkening of the sky its straight out of the camera (didnt have a CPL or any grads with me as i'd just been to the RL) taken with a Nikon D800, the dynamic range on this camera is superb, a full couple of stops better than a D3S or D700

that's neet without HDR, it bloody looks so go good on the dynamic range.

taken at St Agnesall_zps0d40a7cf.jpg

Linking this thread to the favourite pubs one, my local has a regular exhibition of photos from the local photography group. There are generally around 8 photos that are displayed at any one time for a couple of months, based around a theme chosen by the group and run along a similar line to the photo comp, whereby you have a month to take pictures that meet the theme to enter. You can enter up to 3 for consideration, and they are then voted for by the group, with the winning 8 (limited to one per person) being printed, professionally mounted and put on display/for sale.

Anyway, getting to the point.... having only just joined the group (I've been once and missed this months meet due to work commitments), I've just discovered that one of my entries has been chosen for the next exhibition entitled "5 mile radius". My first exhibited piece of work, and to say I'm dead chuffed would be an understatement. :D :D :D

Well done! Can you post it here?

taken at St Agnesall_zps0d40a7cf.jpg

They don't take kindly to strangers round there! In the water that is.................

Well done! Can you post it here?

Will do this evening if I get chance when I get home.... it's one I've not posted to Flickr.  

Will do this evening if I get chance when I get home.... it's one I've not posted to Flickr.  

Taken early morning on the way to work. Nearly froze my hands off in the 15 or so minutes I was up there taking a selection of shots.

8638421340_a853afb0ef_c.jpg

Ovenden Moor 128 by 77gazza, on Flickr

8647441885_a994621933_c.jpg

Old Town Mill by 77gazza, on Flickr

Now that I do really like, excellent, good processing to.

Now that I do really like, excellent, good processing to.

Cheers. I'm slowly getting to know my way around Photoshop for basic editing, not that I've tweaked that one very much. This one however is very much more about experimentation.

8649820364_07895fdffa_c.jpg

Hebden Bridge_0030 by 77gazza, on Flickr

The old pan tilt model village trickery.

Some of you may fancy this, its a photography course being run by Practical Photography magazine. Its free to sign up and take part, you'll just need the magazine each month to read up on the topics.

Camera School

Edited by Padge

Some of you may fancy this, its a photography course being run by Practical Photography magazine. Its free to sign up and take part, you'll just need the magazine each month to read up on the topics.

Camera School

Some us think this "competition" is run by a photography school. Especially given the voting (I won't use the word bias), predictability.

It's nearly as predictable as Eurovision Song Contest.

Scenic picture of Cornwall/Devon/Yorkshire (moors)? Ah, another winner.

If someone took a photo of a dustbin, and called it Holmfirth it would probably get more votes than a picture of Windermere with a stunning sunset behind her.

Some of you may fancy this, its a photography course being run by Practical Photography magazine. Its free to sign up and take part, you'll just need the magazine each month to read up on the topics.

Camera School

I have a lot of time for Practical Photography - I might give this the once over.  Could do with a refresher on most things.

Some us think this "competition" is run by a photography school. Especially given the voting (I won't use the word bias), predictability.

If someone took a photo of a dustbin, and called it Holmfirth it would probably get more votes than a picture of Windermere with a stunning sunset behind her.

What a baby!!

this month, scene from the Dorset Coast is winning

Last month, a pic of some shadows taken by my missus won

the month before that a picture of a motorway won

the month before that a picture of Father Christmas in London won

No Cornwall, No Devon, No Moors and no Holmfirth

you've obviously got a bee in your bonnet about something and you're beginning to look like a spoilt baby

Had confirmation last night that i have a place as an official Photographer for this Sunday's London Marathon!

Had confirmation last night that i have a place as an official Photographer for this Sunday's London Marathon!

nice one i will look forward to seeing some great pics.

What a bag o ####

I have a lot of time for Practical Photography - I might give this the once over.  Could do with a refresher on most things.

I subscribe to PP so I decide to sign up, as with yourself a bit of a refresher and something to force me to pick up the camera more often than I have been doing recently.

Oh grow up, what is your problem?

Dorset/Devon whatever

Shadows taken in Yorkshite?

Motorway M62 in Yorkshite?

Dorset/Devon whatever

Shadows taken in Yorkshite?

Motorway M62 in Yorkshite?

Where people live? Brimham Rocks which you thought should win this month is where? I really can't see any conspiracy here.

Camera School

Cheers, will give that a go. I've certainly plenty to learn! Might even subscribe to the mag.

In the meantime, here's a shot I took earlier this evening over looking my house, then a bit of a mess about with Photoshop. It wasn't a deliberate attempt to start with, but it seems to have ended up with a painting style effect to it, which I think quite suits the scene.

8655171027_35883265ff_c.jpg

Old Town_0039.JPG by 77gazza, on Flickr

Cheers, will give that a go. I've certainly plenty to learn! Might even subscribe to the mag.

In the meantime, here's a shot I took earlier this evening over looking my house, then a bit of a mess about with Photoshop. It wasn't a deliberate attempt to start with, but it seems to have ended up with a painting style effect to it, which I think quite suits the scene.

Old Town_0039.JPG by 77gazza, on Flickr

NIce shot.

PP usually has a subscription offer most months, this month its a free 5 in 1 reflector.

IMG_0025.jpg

Really pleased with this one, considering it was with a cheap point and shoot. Grainy I know but i just like the lighting