Uninteresting Trivial Facts

It's not often I amaze myself but I stumbled across a song on YouTube I haven't heard for at least 10 years and completely forgot about, but I pretty much nailed the lyrics while listening to it again now.

Was it "Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka-dot Burkini" by the Topless Jihadi Fighters?

• 2 weeks later...

Silly but was proud of my fellow man today.  A lady lost her 5 year old in a car park (one of those industrial estate shopping places).  She ran shouting her boy's name in a panic.  Everyone to a man started spreading out in different directions, running into shops to alert those with walkie talkies, all areas covered, everyone looking and shouting his name.  Little boy was found thank goodness. 

In the blink of an eye it could all be taken away.  Be grateful always.

I'm on a train into London sitting in a booked seat that I booked at midnight last night. Uninteresting, except if you're Jeremy Corbyn or his admin team.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

• 2 weeks later...

I think the purpose of a little toe is as something that life can bash repeatedly for fun without causing too much long-term damage.  I ripped a meaty chunk of skin off of it earlier in the week trying to catch the cat with a mouse in his mouth, I slipped while running on the patio with bare feet.  I've just run over the same toe again with the kitchen door.

It also makes you wonder how much of a wuss you are complaining about bashing a toe...

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

A young royal child did today what no other child has ever done in human history in walking by herself for a few steps.

Apparently there is a craze at the moment for flipping water bottles.

##### I was doing that in 6th Form 12 years ago. Pfft.

I saw a young lad yesterday, 16-18 ish, with his Pringle-looking sweater tied loosely around his neck and draped over his back looking ever so 1980s with his jeans and faux-scruffy shirt.  I wonder if his dad has a picture of him doing that when he was younger...

I now understand my elders' attitude to me following the latest trends when I was younger...

Apparently there is a craze at the moment for flipping water bottles.

##### I was doing that in 6th Form 12 years ago. Pfft.

By the way I had forgotten all about it so it was nice to be reminded and have that nostalgia.

I saw a young lad yesterday, 16-18 ish, with his Pringle-looking sweater tied loosely around his neck and draped over his back looking ever so 1980s with his jeans and faux-scruffy shirt.  I wonder if his dad has a picture of him doing that when he was younger...

I now understand my elders' attitude to me following the latest trends when I was younger...

You were watching Made In Chelsea weren't you?!

I noticed this wasn't posted on the Becoming Northern thread!

By the way I had forgotten all about it so it was nice to be reminded and have that nostalgia.

You were watching Made In Chelsea weren't you?!

I noticed this wasn't posted on the Becoming Northern thread!

No, I was in the glamorous location of Haringey at the time.

I'm getting closer to optic fibre broadband at my place. It's in the street out the front and in the street out the back but not connectable for ?@?#?$?%?# reason. Anyhoo while browsing the topic today I found this gem:

The CCC have resoundingly called for the ACCC to reject NBN Co’s proposed variation to its SAU.

On 27 May 2016 NBN Co submitted a proposed variation to its SAU to the ACCC with the goal of formally incorporating FTTN, FTTB and HFC as technologies to which the SAU will apply.

Apparently they also want to include MTM as part of the package sold to RSPs as well.

I only found this while trying to work out what a CVC was. Turns out it's a conglomeration of AVCs. (Didn't I feel silly!) I wish they'd all STFU, fix my WWW, then GTFO my life so I never have to talk to any of them again.

I'm getting closer to optic fibre broadband at my place. It's in the street out the front and in the street out the back but not connectable for ?@?#?$?%?# reason. Anyhoo while browsing the topic today I found this gem:

The CCC have resoundingly called for the ACCC to reject NBN Co’s proposed variation to its SAU.

On 27 May 2016 NBN Co submitted a proposed variation to its SAU to the ACCC with the goal of formally incorporating FTTN, FTTB and HFC as technologies to which the SAU will apply.

Apparently they also want to include MTM as part of the package sold to RSPs as well.

I only found this while trying to work out what a CVC was. Turns out it's a conglomeration of AVCs. (Didn't I feel silly!) I wish they'd all STFU, fix my WWW, then GTFO my life so I never have to talk to any of them again.

In English please?

I have the Wasps vs Saracens union game on in the background while working and there has been a pre game announcement that Tom Cruse is unexpectedly starting at hooker. Admittedly it has more effect when it's verbal rather written.

I have the Wasps vs Saracens union game on in the background while working and there has been a pre game announcement that Tom Cruse is unexpectedly starting at hooker. Admittedly it has more effect when it's verbal rather written.

Pfft, Halifax used to have Michael Jackson in their line-up.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

My boss removed me from a troubled service turnaround board today because apparently I'm too prickly for some sensitive souls. I corrected my boss and told him the proper term is "chippy"

My boss removed me from a troubled service turnaround board today because apparently I'm too prickly for some sensitive souls. I corrected my boss and told him the proper term is "chippy"

:laugh: Must not comment..... :no:

The folk who said I'm too "prickly" have asked my boss to reappoint me as all progress has stopped because everyone else is too frightened to make hard decisions.  My boss got it right today though when he said my response to him could be taken as on the aggressive side of "chippy".

• 2 weeks later...

So, more on the running saga... my boss said I'd be better appreciated if I were a bit less judgemental and a bit more of a peacemaker.  After a few seconds of silently judging my boss, I did promise to try.  Last week I went out of my way to be as non-judgemental as possible, this week so far I've spent the entire day clearing up after that.  Trying to be artificially nice to not-nice people and act the peacemaker in the NHS is just counter-productive and soul destroying.

And back to judgemental Craig again.

You might all say, "Did you not know that?" But, here goes...

Underneath each button box on a pelican crossing, there is a little knob that twirls around when the audible signal begins. This is to aid the crossing of pedestrians who are both deaf and blind, by indicating that it is safe to cross.

I never knew. Go and have a look for yourself.