Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
James Vukmirovic

Uninteresting Trivial Facts

7,374 posts in this topic

The rain in Spain goes mainly down the drain.

The rain in Spain goes mainly all the way over to England and stays there forever.

Edited for accuracy.

Just thought I'd pop in and say hiya all.

And hiya to big George - hope all is well.

Got up this morning for market at 0430 to the sounds of deer going grunt in the field behind my house.

On the way to market narrowly missed squishing Mr Fox and then Mr Brock the Badger, followed by a narrow escape for a young doe.

Tonight on the way back from work it was midge time. I have never seen a display like it (must be the combination of big rain over the past few days followed by a hot day today), but there were massive clouds of the burgers hanging over the roads and fields. It was like driving through an asteroid storm.

Tampon the cat, I am sure you are all happy to hear, is currently contentedly snoozing on the sofa.

Tampon the cat,

Not sure if this is true or not, but I hear Broncos are going to be sponsored by Tampon next year, because they are going through a bad period.

Where's my coat

As a Welshman, I'd like to apologise to all board members who watch The Valleys on MTV.

:dry::O

Please don't think that this lot are typical of all teenagers and twentysomethings in the Valleys. In fact, most residents are a good bit further up the evolutionary chain.

The demise of a well loved local bakery has made the Guardian. I, along with many others, will miss Satterthwaites.

The demise of a well loved local bakery has made the Guardian. I, along with many others, will miss Satterthwaites.

Merits a whole thread on its own.

Where I live we have a lovely little family bakery that has been in the town for over a 100 years. Its always trying new things but has the staples that everyone goes in for. I think they are now really struggling with rising costs and folks can't always take the inevitable increases in price. So now on a Saturday morning there is bread left over where a couple of years ago you had to be there before 11:00 or the shelves would be cleared.

I am currently working south of Warrington, as a "northern monkey" this is a worry.

Does France start at Crewe ?

I see Leeds Utd are signing a player called Ryan Hall.

Both major Leeds teams with players of that name. Pretty impressive eh? B)

Its a good job that power station is there otherwise I think I'd miss me turning everyday.

Spent an interesting time at Pontins in Southport last weekend. Hate to be snobby but boy was an example of a shallow gene pool.

Just put the Sunday dinner on. Full roast beef, yorkshire puddings, roasties, roast parsnips, roast carrots and sugar snap peas (the last one was the missus' idea. Haven't done a proper roast in ages, now shall I open a bottle of Rioja or shall I be good?

Just put the Sunday dinner on. Full roast beef, yorkshire puddings, roasties, roast parsnips, roast carrots and sugar snap peas (the last one was the missus' idea. Haven't done a proper roast in ages, now shall I open a bottle of Rioja or shall I be good?

Surely roast beef and Yorkshire puddings deserve a flagon of foaming ale!

Surely roast beef and Yorkshire puddings deserve a flagon of foaming ale!

Would love an ale, alas I have none in the house :(

Your question... why use the word 'or'? ;) You'd be doing such a spread a disservice without it, shirley?

For a company who are supposedly all about helping Connect Housing are sh*t at common courtesy.

For a company who are supposedly all about helping Connect Housing are sh*t at common courtesy.

But they have a pretty website.