Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
James Vukmirovic

Uninteresting Trivial Facts

7,552 posts in this topic

When I die, I will be the first organism in a family line going back millions of years organism not to have procreated.

These days, and even on this website, it's OK to be gay.

I didn't have my first offspring until I was 46.

Oh and I heard on radio 2 the other week that when two people get married you can do the vile thing and join together your surnames. So I would be Scherzindle... :wub:

That could be interesting if we did that. My mrs is Christian, I am Hesketh. Therefore Chris-Hesketh ex Wigan & Salford?

Three very enjoyable weeks away on holiday, got back last night (Friday), all goodwill gone with one trip to Tesco with a store full of ignorant, rude and downright annoying customers. Is a little bit of civility too much to ask for?

A few rules for a busy Saturday morning in a supermarket:

- do not park your trolley sideways on in an aisle while you stand at one end and your brats at the other

- if someone gives way to you in an aisle full of others blocking it then at least nod or smile if you can't open your mouth long enough to say "thank you"

- do not park your car across two parking slots. Your car isn't that nice. If you want space for your car then park at the other end of the car park, there's plenty of space but then you may have to walk for 10-15 extra seconds.

- the middle of the meat aisle isn't the place to have a heart-to-heart conversation with your friend completely blocking the aisle with your trolleys

- control your children while in the fresh food aisles, do not let them touch the food. Also, if you see your filthy urchin putting a grape in his mouth then put it back in the pack on the shelf then do the decent thing and buy the ****ing grapes or at least remove them from the shelf.

- it is not acceptable to walk in a line with your entire family at three paces per hour across the main central path in the supermarket. Consider those who can shuffle faster and maybe want to do some shopping.

- if you're too small to reach something on the top shelf and ask someone to get it for you then have the good grace to say "thank you" when they do so rather than simply complain and say "that's too expensive, I won't bother" then walk away. I don't care if you're old, that does not excuse rudeness.

- it is not the poor girl behind the checkout counter's fault that you're an ######. You are not better than her. If she says "hello" and smiles at you then it's not nice to scowl at her.

- the time to offer up vouchers is BEFORE you pay, not after. Again, it's not the poor girl's fault you're an ######.

- the bumper of my car is not the place to leave your trolley while you're filling your car

- Finally, standing behind my car gossiping when I'm about to reverse is a bad idea. If I ask you very politely to move then don't roll your eyes at me and sigh, there are some angry people out there who might not have reacted as calmly after that shopping trip.

Ah well, back to work on Monday.

Ah well, back to work on Monday.

That will put you in a better mood

- do not park your car across two parking slots. Your car isn't that nice. If you want space for your car then park at the other end of the car park, there's plenty of space but then you may have to walk for 10-15 extra seconds.

I don't do this but one of my pet hates is people not respecting other peoples cars. I've caught someone opening a door into mine and it was just an 'oh sorry' when I confronted them. Some people just don't think and seem to be in a haze and totally unaware of those around them when out in public.

one thing that absolutely drives me mad is the complete arseholes that stay stood at the bar after being served even if the pub is chocka,they just stand and will not move even though punters are struggling dragging pints of ale across their faces or over their heads, i swear to god one of theses days.......

one thing that absolutely drives me mad is the complete arseholes that stay stood at the bar after being served even if the pub is chocka,they just stand and will not move even though punters are struggling dragging pints of ale across their faces or over their heads, i swear to god one of theses days.......

Right with you on that one.

Tumble driers really smell when they catch fire!

Those Leeds shirts smell even after you've washed them.

;)

Actually my own washer gave off smoke and smell last week the drum bearings are cream crackered. I've been advised to get another machine as they cost a fair bit to replace.

;)

Actually my own washer gave off smoke and smell last week the drum bearings are cream crackered. I've been advised to get another machine as they cost a fair bit to replace.

Bdum tschhhhhh.

New drier ordered,given that the whole of the top of the old one melted.

Edited by terrywebbisgod

- it is not the poor girl behind the checkout counter's fault that you're an ######. You are not better than her. If she says "hello" and smiles at you then it's not nice to scowl at her.

- the time to offer up vouchers is BEFORE you pay, not after. Again, it's not the poor girl's fault you're an ######.

"Moderator falls victim to forum censorship" shocker!

;)

had a bloke round yesterday to fit a new drum he said the old one (4 mths old) was ####### he did it in 30mins, the old one is out back if you want it. :)

This is the first year since 1987 that there are 4 different numbers in the year.

I am watching Classic Albums "Dark side" again.... it's still fascinating.

But Bacon, cured or not tastes better on toast than "anything"9of13

D.H.Lawrence's wife Frieda had the maiden name 'von Richthofen' and was the cousin of the Red Baron.

These new Trojan boots have broke in brilliantly.

These new Trojan boots have broke in brilliantly.

Does the TRLer know you have his boots?

This weekend I've caught two service buses. This equals the record I previously set in 2010.

One of my new customers plays in the front row for Pia Donkeys.

Another of my customers was making a comeback off the bench yesterday at the Stade Jean Galia, Ile sur Tet.

Yet another of my customers stumped up the cash (well the company for which he was marketing boss did) for the Framing the Future report.

I'm so excited I might just burst, as tomorrow I hang up the apron for a couple of weeks and head off for Australia.

Napoleon III and his family lived at Camden Place, Chislehurst, where he died on January 9, 1873 during surgery for a bladder stone.