Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
James Vukmirovic

Uninteresting Trivial Facts

7,552 posts in this topic

Just now in the middle of a lecture some PFY from IT decided to take control of the teaching desk machine and to install some updates and reboot. This rendered the machine useless for around 10 minutes. Are IT types lobotomised when they get the job or are they just monumentally stupid. 

This rendered the machine useless for around 10 minutes. Are IT types lobotomised when they get the job or are they just monumentally stupid. 

Neither. Your students had a whip round yesterday.

Just now in the middle of a lecture some PFY from IT decided to take control of the teaching desk machine and to install some updates and reboot. This rendered the machine useless for around 10 minutes. Are IT types lobotomised when they get the job or are they just monumentally stupid. 

And you think they are not monitoring your internet use and reading your posts on here (in between playing Minecraft and drinking coffee)?

I've just driven to John O'Groats from Inverness, took some pictures at that signpost, saw a mother and baby seal playing on the shore and drove back through the most beautiful landscape. Superb.

Contrary to what people think, membership of the cross-code forum does not automatically get granted at 100 posts.

Contrary to what people think, membership of the cross-code forum does not automatically get granted at 100 posts.

That Avatar is rather smart though.  Right?

That Avatar is rather smart though.  Right?

Aye, worthy of a few chippy northerner comments...

Aaand fixed.  With a repeat getting a ban/suspension depending on my mood or whisky intake.

Aaand fixed.  With a repeat getting a ban/suspension depending on my mood or whisky intake.

Who says northerners don't have a sense of humour eh? 

Good, we don't want the Riff Raff getting in and dragging down the level of discussion on there.

Currently we are debating union vs league studs....draw your own innuendo.

Celebrity special!!!

• one of the guitarists of Badfinger - which incarnation I have not a clue - apparently resides in Puivert, the village down the hill from my gaff

• my big brother, a 50 year old priest, has as one of his 7 friends on facebook a BBC 6 music DJ

....and that is it I'm afraid.  

My wife has gone back to England after a four day break so I'm a bit down in the dumps.

I'm off for a business meeting at Twickers tomorrow.

My first thought was, where can I secrete a carton of off milk, or some dodgy prawns behind a radiator.

My first thought was, where can I secrete a carton of off milk, or some dodgy prawns behind a radiator.

Marker pen.

Do your duty.

Have a thought for the cleaner he's probably a RL fan.

Have a thought for the cleaner he's probably a RL fan.

This could be - as a result of RL's international expansion.  B)

I was served prawns, and thought very carefully about sticking a goodly serving to the back of "that painting" of the Roses match....

And from one of the other threads, a couple of days in the smoke and I must have been called boss on a dozen occasions.

I saw some of those Maggie Thatcher stamps at the Post Office today.  Which side are you supposed to spit on?

I saw some of those Maggie Thatcher stamps at the Post Office today.  Which side are you supposed to spit on?

Aren't they self-adhesive? You know, the sort you can never shake off!

Photocopier's broke; new part will probably take a week to arrive. They'll be inviting me to the staff Christmas party at Staples.

For the best results you lick the backside of Mrs Thatcher.