Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
James Vukmirovic

Uninteresting Trivial Facts

7,388 posts in this topic

While out walking the dog in the local park I bumped into new St Helens prop forward Matthew Haggarty.

Very pleasant chap.

Huge.

While out walking the dog in the local park I bumped into new St Helens prop forward Matthew Haggarty.

Very pleasant chap.

Huge.

Any relation to Roy of the legendary webpage?

Any relation to Roy of the legendary webpage?

One's a Haggerty and t'other's a Haggarty.  With a dog called Timber.

You can change your Facebook default language to English (pirate) :)

That's made my day :)

My neighbour is an IT technician and does a lot of voluntary work for his Sikh temple. Last year, a Sikh film producer asked for volunteers from the temple to act as film extras for a Bollywood film. Doing it as a favour, my mate ended up playing a Muslim terrorist  at a training camp, shot in a North Wales quarry. His wife played a shopper at a bazaar stall, shot in Bradford.

He really enjoyed it and, this week, he took holiday to play one of a group of Muslims being targetted by football hooligans and a far-right rally for a different film shot in Hull.

He's now been asked to do a day as an extra on Coronation Street in a couple of months time!

Unfortunately, I am now going to have to watch an episode of Coronation Street.

Edited by Wolford6

... my mate ended up playing a Muslim terrorist  at a training camp, shot in a North Wales quarry. ...

He really enjoyed it and, this week, he took holiday...

I was a bit worried where this was going to go! "He really enjoyed it and, this week, he took holiday to Turkey..."

Obsessive nose picking is called Rhinotillexomania.

My neighbour is an IT technician and does a lot of voluntary work for his Sikh temple. Last year, a Sikh film producer asked for volunteers from the temple to act as film extras for a Bollywood film. Doing it as a favour, my mate ended up playing a Muslim terrorist  at a training camp, shot in a North Wales quarry. His wife played a shopper at a bazaar stall, shot in Bradford.

He really enjoyed it and, this week, he took holiday to play one of a group of Muslims being targetted by football hooligans and a far-right rally for a different film shot in Hull.

He's now been asked to do a day as an extra on Coronation Street in a couple of months time!

Unfortunately, I am now going to have to watch an episode of Coronation Street.

My mates wife (also Indian) is a regular extra on tv and occasionally appears in Coronation St.

It's one of my oldest mates 50th today. That means this night in 1983 I was peed out of my head at his 18th drinking a bottle of Clan Dew. Cracking.

Ah,  Clan Dew.  A bottle at Friday teatime and you could only manage three pints of beer all night when you went out afterwards.

The memory of it must bring a tear to many a former student's eye.

Mind you, it used to at the time. Flipping horrible.

Edited by Wolford6

Great stuff this working on a bank holiday weekend. No really.

While speech is a function of the left brain, singing comes from the right hemisphere.

While speech is a function of the left brain, singing comes from the right hemisphere.

That makes sense. My Dad's best friend suffered a serious stroke and became both wheelchair bound and partially brain damaged. He lost the power of speech and just made grunting sounds. However, when Songs of Praise came on the telly, he would occasionally sing whole verses of hymns.

The highest percentage of natural redheads in the world is in Scotland (13%)

I've just been to see the quack, in his surgery in the small village of Axat in the foothills of the Pyrenees.  While I waited his return from a call out from the local Babylon to a RTA I leafed through the reading material on offer.  

Not for him the French equivalent of the well thumbed Readers Digest of my youth, or the ripped pages of Hello and its ilk.

I instead found myself reading the 2013 Hull and East Yorkshire Tourist Board magazine.

Today the average life span of people with Down Syndrome is 60 years (in USA)

In 1983, the average was only 25!

I set a mousetrap the day before yesterday. First bait was Manchego, which was firm enough for the varmint to swipe unharmed, so last night I used the last of a particularly pungent and gooey Camembert. 

The trap was set next to a wall, as they like to stick to perimeters, and an old chopping board was used to make a sort of lean-to over the trap, where a small animal might feel sheltered.

Result.

I set a mousetrap the day before yesterday. First bait was Manchego, which was firm enough for the varmint to swipe unharmed, so last night I used the last of a particularly pungent and gooey Camembert. 

The trap was set next to a wall, as they like to stick to perimeters, and an old chopping board was used to make a sort of lean-to over the trap, where a small animal might feel sheltered.

Result.

Don't need mousetraps round here

mayzie_zps9471408b.png

Don't need mousetraps round here

All the more Camembert for you, then!

Our cat catches the mice but brings them in unharmed before letting them run around when he gets bored

Edited by ckn

Our car catches the mice but brings them in unharmed before letting them run around when he gets bored

Has that car been reviewed on 'Top Gear'? Sounds like a remarkable machine and possibly the best ratter... IN THE WORLD!

Our car catches the mice but brings them in unharmed before letting them run around when he gets bored

Optional extra? Edited by getdownmonkeyman

Has that car been reviewed on 'Top Gear'? Sounds like a remarkable machine and possibly the best ratter... IN THE WORLD!

****ing autocorrect on that ****ing phone.

****ing autocorrect on that ****ing phone.

Helping autocorrect on that ringing phone?

Surely a mod couldn't possibly be by-passing the swear filter.