Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
James Vukmirovic

Uninteresting Trivial Facts

7,379 posts in this topic

I've got a new mobile phone. It's an LG G3. I'm rather pleased with it so far.

That is all.

Don't forget to download the Rugby Union Calculator app. ;) 

A history of the Rainbow Theatre

I may have certain qualms about the religious beliefs of the Universal Church of the Kingdom of God, but if I had a theatre that needed restoration, I'd be on the blower to them right away!

I've been playing the bass line to Mustang Sally tonight

Don't forget to download the Rugby Union Calculator app. ;)

Nearest I could find was the RWC app....close enough  :tongue:

I've got a new mobile phone. It's an LG G3. I'm rather pleased with it so far.

That is all.

Likewise - very good value.

Likewise - very good value.

My Nexus 4 was on it's last legs but I am not really interested in paying silly money for a phone. The spec and quality of this phone for less than £250 is really quite impressive.

I'm just listening to some Miles Davis on my phone, sound is not too bad at all.

FIFA wannabe Prince Ali bin al-Hussein is fluent in Circassian.

Sorry Tim but Miles Davis on a mobile phone!!?!?!?! That's just wrong.

This week I will mostly be staying in a hotel in Farnborough. Bored already.

Placing three spacers along the length of the base of a fencing panel between wood n concrete is a good way to prevent water soaking into the bottom of the frame and adds years to its life.

Many elements are radioactive but none are televisionactive. Makes you think.......

Veterans of the forum may (or may not indeed) recall my entertainingly named cat here in France.

Sadly today he was squished on the road through the village.

For one last time on TRL, goodbye my lovely Tampon.

I have a 6th sense about the car chase from Bullitt. 3 times I've accidentally flicked onto a channel where Bullitt is playing and the car chase starts within 2-3 minutes. I've never watched the entire movie but, apart from the car chase, it seems pretty ordinary.

Side note: how many times do they pass the same green VW?

I have a 6th sense about the car chase from Bullitt. 3 times I've accidentally flicked onto a channel where Bullitt is playing and the car chase starts within 2-3 minutes. I've never watched the entire movie but, apart from the car chase, it seems pretty ordinary.

Side note: how many times do they pass the same green VW?

I've only watched it all the way through once and, apart from the famous chase, the pacing of the film is pretty slow.

I have a fancy mouse with lots of buttons.  This morning, only the left and right click buttons work :(

Perhaps you've simply not got what it takes to push their buttons.

I've only watched it all the way through once and, apart from the famous chase, the pacing of the film is pretty slow.

It's one of those movies which is interesting rather than good. I can easily imagine Film School students writing theses on it. Hollywood attempting to make a more "Euro-cool" type movie. The completely gratuitous jazz club scene. The scene where McQueen meets his snitch in a cafe and they have to cross the street to have a 1-minute conversation is a pointless attempt to throw in more San Francisco streetscape. The inclusion of Jacqueline Bisset rather than a more established Hollywood star. The various editing blunders in the car chase.

There's a lot of stuff in there but 113 minutes watching time is a high price to pay for a 10-minute car chase.

If you are looking for a quality car chase film "Taxi", the original French version. Not the American version.

Perhaps you've simply not got what it takes to push their buttons.

I ditched the previous model that no longer responded to my advances and replaced it with a younger model that does everything I want with the added benefits of it being younger and more glamorous.

Just finished editing metadata and comparing duplicate files for quality, correct filenames etc. of the venerable proto-Goodies radio show I'm sorry, I'll read that again.

That's 99 episodes in all. My eyes and typing fingers are knackered.

I have another new phone. Work just sent me an iPhone 5s.....really not sure what all the hype is around Apple products, I prefer my LG G3 to this which cost about half as much.

Just the weather today for defrosting the freezer. I can now see the back of it for the first time in about 2 years.

There's something satisfying about removing a giant chunk of ice when it comes loose.

I just identified a TV series I remember watching as a nipper. The theme tune was what clinched it.

51az%2B2m-KeL._SY300_.jpg

Watching an episode on YouTube, the acting is truly wooden and irritatingly stilted, but I had more than a bit of a crush on Georgia Slowe (centre of picture) at the time.

Very demotivating when your employer start playing silly b*ggers with expenses when you are working on a project for a client worth well over £10 million. Bit soon to be thinking about moving on but the seed is planted if they carry on like this.

Very demotivating when your employer start playing silly b*ggers with expenses when you are working on a project for a client worth well over £10 million. Bit soon to be thinking about moving on but the seed is planted if they carry on like this.

I worked at one company many years ago that gave us corporate AMEX cards for all of our travel expenses, including international business class flights.  We then had to reclaim expenses via the normal scheme, they'd pay us the money and we then had to pay AMEX.  All fine and dandy until they instituted a 3 week minimum processing time and changed the payment date until after the typical AMEX payment date, this often meant that we were paid our expenses after they became due for payment to AMEX resulting in unpaid bill fees and interest.  The company then made it clear that late payment was our problem, not theirs.  It was interesting watching them backtrack on that when we all refused to fly abroad after the processing date each month