Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
James Vukmirovic

Uninteresting Trivial Facts

7,378 posts in this topic

I got the ABC to change one of their stories. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-09-09/tassie-devils-unveiled/6761688

Originally the second paragraph said, "Located at an altitude of just over 13,000 metres......"  I sent them an email asking how they'd managed to defeat gravity to keep this facility running and how the Devils managed to breathe at that altitude.

Going by my Facebook feed today, there are some very religious people who are going to be terribly disappointed if there really is a heaven as they'll be turned away for spectacularly missing the point.

"Apple with its latest operating system is about to open up a new front in the war against online ads," software developer Dr David Glance said."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-09-17/apple-enables-ad-blocking-on-new-ios-9-software-update/6783246

ORLY? SRSLY? Surely they can't be announcing the invention of Ad Blocker?

Bush The Third, Jeb, wants to put Maggie Thatcher's picture on the US $10 note when it's next redesigned.

Bush The Third, Jeb, wants to put Maggie Thatcher's picture on the US $10 note when it's next redesigned.

Expensive toilet paper that!

Expensive toilet paper that!

The US $10 note is the most likely to be contaminated with cocaine unit of physical currency in the world.

The US $10 note is the most likely to be contaminated with cocaine unit of physical currency in the world.

So, used as toilet paper it would leave you high and dry.

Finally given up on Opera's new, dumbed-down Chrome-like browser and reverted to Opera v12.17 (the last 'classic' version). I'd forgotten how fast the internet could be! :O

Meanwhile, some of the original Opera staff are working on Vivaldi, a browser that may end up being the real successor to Opera. It is currently very clunky indeed, but there is definitely some promise in their goals.

Apparently, pasties are different things in the US.  A friend posted a Facebook link saying "women covered in pasties".  My brain just couldn't work out what sort of weird fetish thing he was posting...

Same with thongs. Only a matter of time before we start calling them flip-flops too.

You know you've passed 60 when you turn on your favourite TV channel and half the ads are for life insurance and the other half are for funeral insurance.

The first part of the NZ national anthem sounds like they're just singing random vowels.

That's because it's in Maori.

Yeah, that dawned on me just after I hit "Post." In my defence, it's 5.00am here and I'm having caffeine withdrawals.

Joan Bakewell's middle name is Dawson.

Our eyes are perfect motion sensors.  A good test is look at the room you're in from one side to the other.  You'll notice your eyes jump unless you REALLY try hard to make it smooth.  But... watch something move and your eyes track it perfectly.  Try it with your finger or even the mouse cursor if you're on a computer.

I will be watching the England vs Wales RWC in a pub in Amsterdam.

I have yet to meet a Serco employee who is polite or friendly.

This thread was started by "the Serb"

Does anyone know how he is?

He doesn't seem to post anymore.

He was a mainstay of the old Wolverhampton Wizards and an all round good bloke.

The French for a pigs snout is groin. Which seems kind of appropriate!

On my delivery rounds I pass a charcuterie called the Groin Gourmand.  Always makes me titter in a chidlike fashion.