Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
James Vukmirovic

Uninteresting Trivial Facts

7,388 posts in this topic

Those snakes only lived on Ashmore Reef which is 200 miles of the coast and uninhabited so I don't think anyone knows much about them.

I think we have 7/10 including the 2 most venomous. The Inland Taipan lives in areas which are mostly uninhabited. The main one around here, the Eastern Brown, is pretty common but it usually runs away rather than bite and when it bites people, it's usually just a warning bite so it's not a full venom dose.

Hello (heavily accented) were you involved in an accident recently?

Yes, yes I broke both my legs.

When was this?

Yesterday, I ran over 5 people.

Was you driving or passenger?

Driving.

How many passengers were in the car?

10?

Yes 10.

What car was you driving?

A mini cooper.

You mini driving mother f***er you F***er.....

I've just spoken to my mum for an hour then my sister for another hour.

I've just spoken to my mum for an hour then my sister for another hour.

I've only seen one episode of the dreary daytime soap Doctors, but I vividly remember a storyline where a person was both those relatives to a baby. It sent a shiver down my spine.

I've only seen one episode of the dreary daytime soap Doctors, but I vividly remember a storyline where a person was both those relatives to a baby. It sent a shiver down my spine.

One of the kids I was at school with had a mini-meltdown when he found out that his mum was really his gran and his sister was really his mum.  He only found out because he had to get his birth certificate for a school project.  He unfortunately didn't bother reading it until he got to school meaning his meltdown was very public.

So far today I've managed to get almost a week's worth of work done.  I'm in all week as the duty senior manager covering about 1/6th of England.  I have zero meetings.  None.  Not one all week.  It's bloody great this no meetings lark.

That work thing is way overrated. Bring on retirement. 4 years 46 weeks away.

That work thing is way overrated. Bring on retirement. 4 years 46 weeks away.

No, it's not!

I retired at 52 from being employed and went to self employed for 3 days a week 16 years ago. Best thing I ever did.

I just saw on tv that my first real sci-fi crush, Erin Gray from Buck Rogers, is 66 today.

I just saw on tv that my first real sci-fi crush, Erin Gray from Buck Rogers, is 66 today.

That's made me luck the age of Catherine Schell from space 1999 up she's 71.

And I thought the season to be jolly had just finished! B)

It's a story to warm the heart at this dark time of year.

It just feels wrong being at home on a Saturday...

I just had the 'BT Support Desk' call me once again, a charming lady called Carole. She had a very strong Indian accent and the line was very poor....so it seemed legit given past experience of BT.

Apparently my internet connection is infected, which sounds very bad.

Carole confirmed it is VERY VERY bad and needs her help to resolve this without delay as this was affecting the whole internet. (Starting to feel like I was featuring in a episode of The IT Crowd)

I asked her to confirm my account number but apparently Carole works in technical support and not billing so could not see this, but after a few simple instructions she was able quote my CLSID perfectly.

Carole then got me to have a look at my event log which looked very scary with lots of red bits which no doubt were causing everyone's internet to slow down (sorry my fault).

After this she wanted me to go to a website where she could take control of my PC and make it all better for me on behalf of BT.

I politely told Carole to do-one and hung up.

This made a change as normally it's the Microsoft helpdesk people calling me to save my computer from all it's many viruses.

It just feels wrong being at home on a Saturday...

You can't play away every week.  :ph34r:

My wife and I had a friendly argument tonight about the best bass guitarists, then we went on to drummers.  I then spent lots of time on youtube watching old videos.  That then somehow got me onto listening to John Williams' themes.  Then onto classical themes.  A decent amount of whisky and hours later and I'm happily tapping my feet away to a shuffled playlist of classical music while reading my book.

A violent bit of my book coincided with The Blue Danube.  Fairly ruined the tension of the scene in the book...

Someone has left a brand new red range stove next to the bandstand in Rosehill Park....

Fifty years ago today, Adam West and Burt Ward debuted on TV as Batman and Robin.

We must be living longer these days in NSW. I completed an online transaction with NSW Govt today and the options for "Year of Birth" started at 1900.

We must be living longer these days in NSW. I completed an online transaction with NSW Govt today and the options for "Year of Birth" started at 1900.

I have a vague memory of January 1st 1900 being, effectively, day 1 in computer based dates (possibly windows 3.1 or similar?). Perhaps the NSW Government just need a software upgrade? ;)