Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
James Vukmirovic

Uninteresting Trivial Facts

7,249 posts in this topic

Here at the Clawphin © skunkworks, progress never stands still. Only yesterday, one of our team crossbred a sense of deja vu with a dolphin.

It didn't take long. We were assured that technology would only be used for peaceful purposes yet as soon as the military industrial complex gets hold of the basic research we end up with mutant killer cetaceans.

Where oh where is the idealistic starry eyed young scientist we recruited to ClawPhin ® from the world of women's festival urinatory convenience? I'll tell you, gone to California and recruited to a black ops research division of MobyClaw that's where.

Bob8 you should be ashamed of yourself sitting there in Tony Starks house with that nice girl from the post room and the last of the Angelina Jolie clones.

I appreciate some of you may not have the first clue about the above. Trust me, you are all the better for that

I heard that Mobyclaw are the secret backers of Donald Trump.  It explains the hairdo anyway.

Anything been cloned with a Farmduck?

There were some early attempts but scientists found it impossible to increase the awesomeness, already set at 11.

A woodlouse is a land-living crustacean.

There are always at least a dozen of them under each of my wheeliebins.

A woodlouse is a land-living crustacean.

There are always at least a dozen of them under each of my wheeliebins.

Yup, they are crustaceans. 

I'd advise against cooking woodlouse cakes, or woodlouse thermidor, as they have an unpleasant taste.

I'd advise against cooking woodlouse cakes, or woodlouse thermidor, as they have an unpleasant taste.

With a bit of genetic meddling the taste could be 'fixed'.

Perhaps we could also attached some large claws to make them more 'authentic.

With a bit of genetic meddling the taste could be 'fixed'.

Perhaps we could also attached some large claws to make them more 'authentic.

When eating, much of what we conceive to be "taste" is actually derived from our sense of smell.

According to Wikipedia, woodlouse urine gives off a particularly offensive odour.

I won't be drinking any of this:

https://untappd.com/b/honest-brew-sharps-land-shrimp/486487

Bradford is well known for having drivers on the road who have not passed their test. I think I've just met one.

About an hour ago, I was going to eat a loaf of bread in Great Horton, driving down a fairly wide road; it was double-parked with cars but comfortably wide enough to allow two-way traffic. Not, however,  for a young female Astra driver going in the opposite direction. She insisted on straddling the white line in the middle of the road and I had to slam my brakes on to let her through, pausing only to press a good blast of the horn and mouth obscenities.

Five minutes ago, I went up to the post office in Clayton and parked on the opposite side of the road. I got out and waited for the only traffic, a single car, it to pass before I could cross the road. The car stopped in the middle of the road .... yes it was a grey Astra ...   and the same female driver waved for me to cross. She showed no sign of having recognised me and I certainly don't know her.

Bradford is well known for having drivers on the road who have not passed their test. I think I've just met one.

About an hour ago, I was going to eat a loaf of bread in Great Horton, driving down a fairly wide road; it was double-parked with cars but comfortably wide enough to allow two-way traffic. Not, however,  for a young female Astra driver going in the opposite direction. She insisted on straddling the white line in the middle of the road and I had to slam my brakes on to let her through, pausing only to press a good blast of the horn and mouth obscenities.

Five minutes ago, I went up to the post office in Clayton and parked on the opposite side of the road. I got out and waited for the only traffic, a single car, it to pass before I could cross the road. The car stopped in the middle of the road .... yes it was a grey Astra ...   and the same female driver waved for me to cross. She showed no sign of having recognised me and I certainly don't know her.

Do you often drive to specific locations to eat loaves of bread?

:biggrin:

No, but I always get my bread from Bert Marshall's.

Keep this info to yourself, we don't want the southerners sulking.

:biggrin:

No, but I always get my bread from Bert Marshall's.

Keep this info to yourself, we don't want the southerners sulking.

Our cook always bakes fresh daily

Doesn't everyone's?

But do woodlice feel pain when cooked?

:tongue:

When eating, much of what we conceive to be "taste" is actually derived from our sense of smell.

According to Wikipedia, woodlouse urine gives off a particularly offensive odour.

I won't be drinking any of this:

https://untappd.com/b/honest-brew-sharps-land-shrimp/486487

Perhaps if we feed them salt water this may improve their odour. 

But do woodlice feel pain when cooked?

:tongue:

No, they enjoy it, like hunted foxes, coursed hares, shot peppered partridge and immolated lobsters. 

French is getting rid of some of its circumflexes. Probably dump them in Belgium, maybe, or off the coast of Somalia.

Arise, Sir George Ivan Morrison.

Van got a knighthood investiture yesterday.

The Monkees are releasing a new album this year!

French is getting rid of some of its circumflexes. Probably dump them in Belgium, maybe, or off the coast of Somalia.

The French no longer know their 'oignons'. They have no i dea.

The People's Front of Christianity met the Christian People's Front today. Splitters