Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
James Vukmirovic

Uninteresting Trivial Facts

7,379 posts in this topic

The digestive system of Demodex mites is so efficient and results in so little waste that they have no excretory orifice.

The digestive system of Demodex mites is so efficient and results in so little waste that they have no excretory orifice.

D...E...M...O....D....E....X  mites. ok   

The question is what evolutionary advantage did the bum holeless mites have over their fellows or did the bum hole just never evolve.I'll ask Master Calthrop to bemuse his teacher about this.

Ipswich have installed temporary statues of pigs across the town centre, all in different outfits.

Ipswich have installed temporary statues of pigs across the town centre, all in different outfits.

And you can buy a Pig Pass on Ipswich Buses. This donates £1 to a local hospice and includes free bus travel around the town plus travel to Jimmy's Farm.

Ipswich can be quite strange.

But quirky.... britain does the 'slightly eccentric' very well.... love it.

Edited by Robin Evans

We had a murder in my suburb over the weekend. It's our first one for about 15 years. We were falling behind badly for this area. People were starting to think we were all a bunch of pussies around here.

The last elected Communist councillor retired at the end of last month after 43 years of consecutive service as a councillor. Willie Clark from Fife in Scotland. He's been standing as an independent since 1991 when the Communist Party went bankrupt, he has consistently campaigned as a communist though.

Thanks to a Tweet by Jay Rayner, I have just learned that Hugh Fraser, who played Captain Hastings in the BBC adaptations of the Poirot books, was previously in the band Telltale, when he wrote the theme tune to Rainbow.

According to Eurosport (I was watching TdF on Sunday) Andorra declared war om Germany in 1917, and didn't sign the Treaty of Versailles, and thus remained at war, without firing a shot, until 1958

Thanks to a Tweet by Jay Rayner, I have just learned that Hugh Fraser, who played Captain Hastings in the BBC adaptations of the Poirot books, was previously in the band Telltale, when he wrote the theme tune to Rainbow.

I don't know what is scarier, his loon pants or the early incarnation of Bungle. also a young Susan Boyle also seems to be in the group.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CR7oMKJW0AA6gfw.jpg

Ah, flares & patch pockets, I remember them well.

I did boxing sparring for the first time today.

It hurt.

I found a card in my letterbox today from Amazon, with the message "Parcel left behind willie bin".

I found a card in my letterbox today from Amazon, with the message "Parcel left behind willie bin".

Lucky you

OK, enough suspense. What was in the parcel?

bees can sting more than once

Some bees can. Some can't.

Some bees can. Some can't.

Ok, haven't done the research but perhaps a generalisation of the fact that some bees don't sting. But the popular misconception is about stinging humans. Human skin is too tough for the bee to remove the stinger.

Anyway, I was talking to Vince Karalius's grandaughter today about the runcorn bridge story :P

I interviewed a bloke from Huddersfield today. I asked him if he was a rugby fan, his response was "can't stand rugby league, worse than rugby union, I'm a Leeds United football fan".

I interviewed a bloke from Huddersfield today. I asked him if he was a rugby fan, his response was "can't stand rugby league, worse than rugby union, I'm a Leeds United football fan".

did he get the job?

did he get the job?

Yeah, did I get the job?

Put him on a blacklist. Plenty of reasons there why he is unsuited to employment.

BT helpdesk people don't like being told you're not renewing your contract with them because of football.  They get ever so defensive, especially when you point out that every communication about retention has pictures of football players all over it, as if that's some sort of incentive.

So, to get me to keep my broadband, I now get a nice discount, plus the full BT Sports package free.  That's nice as I've been wanting the AMC channel for a while but refuse to subsidise football even more than I do now.