Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
James Vukmirovic

Uninteresting Trivial Facts

7,397 posts in this topic

Teaching a two yr old girl how to play career opportunities.....

She'll be as good as me by tomorrow

And the really good news is that she will be better than you the day after!  ;)

I went out for 'a couple' last night. Got back about 3am and am both hungover and in the bad books as well.

Not going to manage to do those things I promised unfortunately.

That's quite a good description of my Friday night also

I'm sat in New York eating a Five Guys bacon Cheeseburger (with grilled mushrooms and green peppers).  Do I know how to party?

Five Guys make great burgers. I am sure there is one around Covent Garden.

If you have chance, try the burger joint in Le Parker Meridien hotel on West 56th Street, just south of Central Park. It is a ###### to find in the hotel, as it is behind a curtain, but well worth it.

Over the past couple of days I've made 450 packets of sausages.  I worked out that on Thursday I had lifted in excess of one and a half tonnes of meat / sausage mix.  On Friday it took me the best part of half an hour to get out of bed and put my socks on.

Might be time for a career change (again).

Over the past couple of days I've made 450 packets of sausages. I worked out that on Thursday I had lifted in excess of one and a half tonnes of meat / sausage mix. On Friday it took me the best part of half an hour to get out of bed and put my socks on.

Might be time for a career change (again).

Maybe you should consume less of your wonderful produce? :P

I'd be exactly the same. :(

Maybe you should consume less of your wonderful produce? :P

I'd be exactly the same. :(

Harsh but fair....

I threw away some kidneys whose use by date was 10 days ago.

They were turning black and had a strong aroma of a very ripe soft cheese.

That's what my doctor told me last week of mine

I just got a Sonos Play 1 for my home office. Wish I had done it years ago as ditching my old Sony stereo that was on it's last legs has given me a lot more desk space to fill.

I just got a Sonos Play 1 for my home office. Wish I had done it years ago as ditching my old Sony stereo that was on it's last legs has given me a lot more desk space to fill.

Interested in one of these. What's the sound quality like?

I have just been advised I don't need new tyres on my car

All four are originals and it's done 33500 miles.

I think that's quite good.

Interested in one of these. What's the sound quality like?

To my untrained ear it is pretty good. We do have a few around the house and have been really impressed with them. We have a pair in the lounge that are paired to give stereo sounds and they sound really good even at a reasonably high volume.

The app to control them is very user friendly. We use Spotify for streaming music.

The Play 1 is currently on special offer at Amazon/John Lewis etc, £30 off the regular price

To my untrained ear it is pretty good. We do have a few around the house and have been really impressed with them. We have a pair in the lounge that are paired to give stereo sounds and they sound really good even at a reasonably high volume.

The app to control them is very user friendly. We use Spotify for streaming music.

The Play 1 is currently on special offer at Amazon/John Lewis etc, £30 off the regular price

Thank you. Will have a look.

Do you only drive on the beach?

Do you only drive on the beach?

It's an outlander hybrid

I suspect the automatic gearbox and electric motor mean the tyres don't get a massive amount of stress. By comparison my bike rear tyres last between 3000 & 5000 miles although I'm happy to trade longevity for grip in that case

Similar mileage and was checking the other day and thinking I may soon need a fourth set of tyres on the front wheels.

Not sure if Continentals are rubbish for longevity or possibly my enthusiastic driving style may have something to do with it....

Similar mileage and was checking the other day and thinking I may soon need a fourth set of tyres on the front wheels.

Not sure if Continentals are rubbish for longevity or possibly my enthusiastic driving style may have something to do with it....

Have you still got the VRS? If so I may have an inkling as to the difference in tyre life

It's an outlander hybrid

I suspect the automatic gearbox and electric motor mean the tyres don't get a massive amount of stress. By comparison my bike rear tyres last between 3000 & 5000 miles although I'm happy to trade longevity for grip in that case

Weight and cornering does for tyres unless you are a wheel spin merchant. autobox and hybrid motors means heavy. If you've put 33,500 miles on those tyres get  touch with the manufacturers and see if they'll exchange them for a new set they just might want to see them for research. 

Having said that I'd swap them out whatever. Tyres wear in more ways than tread depth

Weight and cornering does for tyres unless you are a wheel spin merchant. autobox and hybrid motors means heavy. If you've put 33,500 miles on those tyres get touch with the manufacturers and see if they'll exchange them for a new set they just might want to see them for research.

Having said that I'd swap them out whatever. Tyres wear in more ways than tread depth

I would if it was my call but it's on a lease and Lex are happy with 5mm tread

Anybody know the legal tyre tread depth in the UK?

Anybody know the legal tyre tread depth in the UK?

1.6mm

It's an outlander hybrid

I get my lease one of those next week :)

Have you still got the VRS? If so I may have an inkling as to the difference in tyre life

Yes, nice toy but a little heavy on the tyres. Also a bit rubbish when it comes to mpg, but 33,500 in 6 years hasn't seen me splashing out excessively on fuel.

Yes, nice toy but a little heavy on the tyres. Also a bit rubbish when it comes to mpg, but 33,500 in 6 years hasn't seen me splashing out excessively on fuel.

Blimey

My 33500 is in 18 months

Blimey

My 33500 is in 18 months

Since switching from driving to work everyday to working from home full time my annual mileage has plummeted. My car now spends most of the time sat in my garage and maybe comes out 3 times a week. Most of my work travel is internationally and I get a taxi to the airport.

My monthly trip to the petrol station is something of a novelty, sometimes I can go 6 weeks between visits.